NYCT H Train Compilation (Railfan in Both Directions)

Fan Railer

Same here, Did the mta ever used that track for service or was it to move trains to the other side of the island?. I thought it was abandoned from the LIRR days.

Yeah they did. The original H that went from Euclid operated as so:

Euclid to Rockaway Park, Rockaway Park over the wye to Far Rock, Far Rock to Euclid..

Nice video BTW!

they are still there, i don't think theres plans of moving them though

I was referring to the fact that I got pics of them while they were still in good shape - I imagine Ol' Sandy must have done quite a number on them, given the fact that the brochure the MTA released about Sandy indicates that B. 116 was one of the more heavily hit areas.

For me, the best reason to be on the forum is to see the great videos (such as this one) and the still photography work by the various forum members that I am able to access through the forum. To me, this is what transit history is all about today carefully crafting a historical record of an event that happened through the use of cameras and video for future transit historians to see and analyze years from now.

Thank you again for posting the video and to all the forum photographers (who have not been thanked by me in the past) for helping to helping to create a historical record in an area that has long been neglected by the history and sociology literature.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived