Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Fan Railer

NYCT H Train Compilation (Railfan in Both Directions)

That (H) train is one of a kind lol. How foamish will it be of those R40 slants that are laid-up at Rockaway Park go in service on the (H) when its extended there. Thats gonna be a foam fest.

NICE coverage though

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Good catch! I've wanted to see the single-tracking through the wye.

Same here, Did the mta ever used that track for service or was it to move trains to the other side of the island?. I thought it was abandoned from the LIRR days.

Edited by MTARegional Bus

Same here, Did the mta ever used that track for service or was it to move trains to the other side of the island?. I thought it was abandoned from the LIRR days.

Yeah they did. The original H that went from Euclid operated as so:

Euclid to Rockaway Park, Rockaway Park over the wye to Far Rock, Far Rock to Euclid..

Nice video BTW!

• Upvote 1

That (H) train is one of a kind lol. How foamish will it be of those R40 slants that are laid-up at Rockaway Park go in service on the (H) when its extended there. Thats gonna be a foam fest.

NICE coverage though

Those slants can't exactly move.

I know, thats why I'm saying how foamish will it be if it did happen

Not foamish - a miracle. On that topic, I'm curious if the Slants were damaged by Sandy.

those slants are completely done, they were in the yard when the storm hit, the HVAC unit gotta be 3575, they did a good job fixing them up

those slants are completely done, they were in the yard when the storm hit

Thank God I got pictures of them over the summer, then :D

Thank God I got pictures of them over the summer, then :D

they are still there, i don't think theres plans of moving them though

they are still there, i don't think theres plans of moving them though

I was referring to the fact that I got pics of them while they were still in good shape - I imagine Ol' Sandy must have done quite a number on them, given the fact that the brochure the MTA released about Sandy indicates that B. 116 was one of the more heavily hit areas.

For me, the best reason to be on the forum is to see the great videos (such as this one) and the still photography work by the various forum members that I am able to access through the forum. To me, this is what transit history is all about today carefully crafting a historical record of an event that happened through the use of cameras and video for future transit historians to see and analyze years from now.

Thank you again for posting the video and to all the forum photographers (who have not been thanked by me in the past) for helping to helping to create a historical record in an area that has long been neglected by the history and sociology literature.

Edited by Interested Rider
  • Upvote 2

Gotta agree about the forum, the pics and vids bring back memorys of when I was a kid. Used to go to far Rockaway and visit cousins.. Wonder if they are still around???

Thanks again!!