Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

Day 5 went ok. Not happy about myself i made few mistakes that i should be aware of but i got satisfactory. Guys its a lot to take it. In my group one guy i guess couldn't handle pressure and didnt show up today. Best adwice listen listen and listen what superintendent tells you. Remember he is your way to getting job. If u do way he tells u to u be ok.

Hey Gucio84 I'm not sure if you have mention it yet, But whats your list number? it doesn't have to be the full thing.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup next class is March 23rd so u will not make it. Looks like i may go for April 6th class. I remember my firs day at 180 Livingston was friday. Than monday they called me to come on Thursday February 26 for phisical and that thursday they ask if i can start monday march 9th. They will give u at least a week notice so u can take vacations or leave of absence from tour current job. DO NOT RESIGN FROM CURRENT JOB YET. u can resign if u pass mta 10 days training.

Yup next class is March 23rd so u will not make it. Looks like i may go for April 6th class. I remember my firs day at 180 Livingston was friday. Than monday they called me to come on Thursday February 26 for phisical and that thursday they ask if i can start monday march 9th. They will give u at least a week notice so u can take vacations or leave of absence from tour current job. DO NOT RESIGN FROM CURRENT JOB YET. u can resign if u pass mta 10 days training.

Depending on your company this may be very difficult to do or may not even be an option. This would not have been an option for my previous professional role within a very large company.  For anyone who has yet to start the process, ensure you know any HR policies, or you have to make the decision and take a risk. Also, depending on your company and relationship with management, you may be able to negotiate that you can resign, but will come back if the job does not work out. Again, it's risky, but I know others who have done it.

Training is not so hard. Best advice is to listen to superintendent. Listen everything he/she say. They will tell u everything. Most improtant thing is to understand reference point and pivot point. Also mirrors. Set it up correctly and check every 3-5 seconds. U be ok. Remember bus turning different than tour car so listen what superintendent will tell u.

Day 7 Qualified. So happy. Tomorrow training on RTS. Anybody have advice about driving rts?

Congatulations Gucio84!!!!  :)  Good Luck with training and the new job! Again, many thanks for sharing your experiences here, it will definitely help out the 4600 team and others. 

Question for those who have to do road test. When doing your pre trip. Do you dumb your air valve so the door is on manual so you can push it open and close or do you do an interlock check. Just a little confused because im not sure if you dumb the valve then push the doors closed then when u talk about panel 1, 2 then you push the door open and say no obstruction or debris in stairwell.

Congatulations Gucio84!!!! :) Good Luck with training and the new job! Again, many thanks for sharing your experiences here, it will definitely help out the 4600 team and others.

No problem. U applyed for 4600? one person that was in my group and qualify today with me applyed for 4600.

Question for those who have to do road test. When doing your pre trip. Do you dumb your air valve so the door is on manual so you can push it open and close or do you do an interlock check. Just a little confused because im not sure if you dumb the valve then push the doors closed then when u talk about panel 1, 2 then you push the door open and say no obstruction or debris in stairwell.

I did my with dumb valve open and doir on manual so i can show that doors closing and opening. But double check with other people. Good luck on dmv. Dont stress out and u do ok.

From what I've read you still continue training after you qualify for the dmv road test but the road test isn't for a few weeks after qualifying so will they give you a day to go to the dmv to renew your permit if need be because mine runs out May 5th and I have to wait until the beginning of April to renew my permit due to being on a fixed income?

Archived