Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2 consisted of air brake practicing for the first half of the day and the trainer driving around. In the 2 half, they drove around queens(I'm not sure what area) practicing left and right turns. They're driving on main roads, no open lot area to practice for a few. My husband said everyone made a few mistakes one of his being touching the curb on a right turn. His trainer was ok, informing him not to stress as it was just day one. I'll keep you informed on how day 3 goes.

Day 2 consisted of air brake practicing for the first half of the day and the trainer driving around. In the 2 half, they drove around queens(I'm not sure what area) practicing left and right turns. They're driving on main roads, no open lot area to practice for a few. My husband said everyone made a few mistakes one of his being touching the curb on a right turn. His trainer was ok, informing him not to stress as it was just day one. I'll keep you informed on how day 3 goes.

Please tell you husband to make sure he passes on day 6, day 7 will be really easy if he passes. The worst part of the whole training is the DMV road test. If he passes day 6 and 7 in that order, he will have 2 chances to take the DMV road test. DMV instructors are miserable and fail people for no reason.

To inby 2016 I suggest u b careful with that ticket. Te job requirements does say u can b disqualified for a serious movin violation n I think that's up 2 their discretion. Wat they consider serious. I would really try n find someone who had ur same issue n find out from there

For all who waiting to b called that does not have ur cdl. As of spring 2016 the requirements for the road test will change they r going to make u identify parts under the hood and several other key components under the bus. O suggest u guys n dolls try n get ur cdl b4 spring so wen u r called u won't have that stress n I 4c mta changin their training program to adhere to the new testing rules training may actually be even longer.

Day 3 was ok. He drove towards the afternoon. They drove around Brooklyn today. My husband messed up on checking his mirrors for hazard I.e. Pedestrians, cyclists. He also has to work on braking so hard.

question,by any chance did they tell your husband how many years till top pay?they changed track workers from 4 to six years...just wanted to know if the same applied for bus operators..

Class A CDL with Passenger (P) endorsement with air brakes is fine...

Class A entitles you to drive Class B vehicles too, however if you don't have a Passenger endorsement (or Air Brakes) on either a Class A or Class B then you need to retake the road test again to get the necessary endorsement.

Archived