Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

(A) air leakage

(L) low pressure warning

(S) spring brake

(A) air compressor cut off

(P) parking brake test

(S) service brake test

Articulate aka artic aka double bus training. Older models 40ft newer models 62 ft. Easier to learn than shorties bcuz you can pivot anywhere and correct your turns as long as your rear bumper clears any object or moving vehicles.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OT money is in the bronx (any depot) including Kingsbridge. Shuttles and extra pull up and pieces is plentiful. Any other borough or depot your limited especially being a new hiree. Stay away from depot with 10 or less lines (hale/100st/flatbush)etc. The less lines in the depot,the less you will make from the extra list or vacation relief list.

Stepurgame I wasn't in training. My husband was. I used the board to help give him some tips. However, the training wasn't easy. I can say that you must listen to everything your instructor tells you. Remember to look at your mirrors. My husband says they wanted him to check his mirrors every 3-5 seconds. Every day you are given a report that tells you how ur day was and it will tell you what u need improvement on. Take heed to what it says and implement it. Don't underestimate the size of the steering wheel. My husband thought he had this in the bag. But once he got behind that wheel he realized how big it was. From then on he went in with a ready to learn mindset.

@stepurgameup the training is a little stressfull because the first 7 days training is to see if you qualify for the job and if you dont qualify in day 7 you have to do day 8 and 9 and if you dont qualify in the 9 they give you one more chance with 2 instrcutors and if you dont qualify there you out and for you to be able to qualiffy in day 7 you have to do everything good in day 6 because if you mess it up in day 6 you  automatically disqualify for day 7.

Oa /Ta samething no difference with money and benefits. Pention off by 2 years nothing major. Mta bus is another story. The only reason to be TA npw is if you want to work in staten island or queens (MTA Bus Depot) but your pay drop(Less) if you work in either area mention.

• 3 weeks later...

I received a letter to go to 180 Livinton st on 12/22/15 but Iam curious, I have a traffic ticked for disobeing a left turn Iam to see a judge to fight the ticket and I have to go on 3/15/16 , I don't know if I will plead guilty because it will only take two points . I would like to know if I should figth the ticket or pay it off ?

I received a letter to go to 180 Livinton st on 12/22/15 but Iam curious, I have a traffic ticked for disobeing a left turn Iam to see a judge to fight the ticket and I have to go on 3/15/16 , I don't know if I will plead guilty because it will only take two points . I would like to know if I should figth the ticket or pay it off ?

Just pay it off...this way, it will be less messy overall, between no court date, no extra fees, etc.

If you dont mind, what is your list number range?

What's up fellas ... I'm New to the forum ... I'm trying to catch up with the forum I'm in page 15 now ... Got my pre employment papers Saturday I'll have to show up on 12/22 7:30 am ... I'm fine with that .. Anyone know why the short late notice .. I got so many questions and I don't want to ask what already been asked but if someone kind to give me a run down on what to expect on Tuesday .. And the rest of the process.. What's the take home pay look like at training after training would be greatly appreciated .... I'm list 65xx test 3101

Archived