Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what was the last list number sent for final processing? Mine is in the 74** do I even have a chance?

The list will last for 4 years. It hasn't been 2 years yet so you still have a solid chance. The last time i check they were in the Mid 4500 - 5500's according to what some of the members has posted.

Pay close attention to those superintendants. If you have fredricks youre safe if you follow what he says to do. Hes the best out of all. Read those books and execute those turns. Live in those mirrors call hazards and dont run yellow lights !! In manhattan on 2nd avenue anywhere those lights change on 10 secs. Warning !! Same for 14st union square area,23rd,34,and 86 and 96 st areas. Be sure to lower the lift and use signals when servicing bus stops..

Almost forgot Interlocks. Make sure that interlock light is on. 1'Oclock Interlock. When servicing bus stops and parking. As for parking -->(P) brake, (N) neutral and Interlock !!! If you forget these on qualifying day you will fail. Good luck to everyone in training.

I just finish training and I'm now doing line training. The best advice I can give u is to practice your air brake test everyday if u can before you go home. Be confident. Call out all hazards. Your right mirror you need to dig deep in and try to see up the block to avoid bikes passing you and not seeing it or calling it out, and stopping. When you're turning you may not see the curb you may think you're clear of it but the instructor will pull the brake as you run over it, turn slowly and find the curb. If you're about to hit the curb turn the wheel to the left to pull the bus further from the curb so u don't hit it. If you're hitting curbs that means ur not setting up ur turns properly. Right turn pole to curb left turns bumper or your shoulder to street your turning into.

Good luck

** If your waiting to be called and you don't have your license try to get it before they call u. The last thing u need is to pass training but not pass your Cdl test and be disqualified. Trust me the less stress the better.

@meesh. I have my cdl class b license. Is the air brake test during Mta training hard and what do they have you do? It wasn't hard during cdl Dmv road test.

@meesh. Air brake test:

Check for leaks

Low pressure warning device test

Spring brake test

Air pressure cut out. Build to 120 psi

Wrap around

Park brake hold test

Service brake test.

Is this it? Do I have it in the bag. Lol?

Air leakage rate you press the brake, u should drop 10 psi. You keep your foot on the brake for 2 minute and you shouldn't drop more than 2 psi. If you do that means there is a leak.

Low air pressure device you press the test button to make sure the buzzer is working. You keep pressing the brake until the Low air pressure device is activated.

Spring Brake. The parking brake/ spring brake should be pressed down. The bus must be on a flat surface and you state " all buses manufactured after 1991 is equipped with a spring brake this bus was manufactured in ____. I'm administering the test now. You keep pressing the brake until the Springbrake pops up and you say the spring brake was activated at___ psi.

Air compressor you do a wrap around which is when u check and call out all the switches near the steering wheel, you turn the wheel, and check the wind shield wipers. You then state when the compressor cut off.

Parking brake. You have the parking brake up bus in drive and press on the accelerator for 3 seconds and the bus should not move.

Service brake you move the bus about 15feet at 5 mph and the bus should stop when u press the brake pedal.

Archived