Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im from exam 2613 start February of this year i did 3 weeks line training before i did road test

Basically my whole class did some part of line training before being called for road test

Keep in mind these classes are 40, 50 r even 60 people. A hand full of class b license but a good portion only have b permit. Its 10 day training those who pass on day 7 goes straight to rts training and wait until the day 9, or day 10 people to join them. Road test is only on a certain days and I think they do up to 5,6 or 7 people at a time. That takes time and MTA isnt going to have you sitting home waiting.

You cannot do line training without taking the road test if you have P restriction on your license, which means you cannot drive the bus with passengers. So it all depends when you took the written test for your Cdl permit. The DMV changed a lot rules in June or July. Check the back of your license and see if you have the P restriction. If you do have it your road test will be scheduled quickly and before line training. If you don't you will start line training and then be called down to Zerega to take your road test.

Im from exam 2613 start February of this year i did 3 weeks line training before i did road test

Basically my whole class did some part of line training before being called for road test

Keep in mind these classes are 40, 50 r even 60 people. A hand full of class b license but a good portion only have b permit. Its 10 day training those who pass on day 7 goes straight to rts training and wait until the day 9, or day 10 people to join them. Road test is only on a certain days and I think they do up to 5,6 or 7 people at a time. That takes time and MTA isnt going to have you sitting home waiting.

Unless they changed the rules u could not do line training without a b license someone clear this up who has been in this situation recently

You cannot do line training without taking the road test if you have P restriction on your license, which means you cannot drive the bus with passengers. So it all depends when you took the written test for your Cdl permit. The DMV changed a lot rules in June or July. Check the back of your license and see if you have the P restriction. If you do have it your road test will be scheduled quickly and before line training. If you don't you will start line training and then be called down to Zerega to take your road test.

@Dainty2200 is right. If you have a CDL Permit, You will still have to go through line training until your Road test date.

@Meesh before you are appointed for the job, you must have both Air Brake and Passenger Endorsement. Whether you have a CDL permit or the official license.

If you're qualified on day 7, You will continue training  but with an RTS bus until the rest of the class either pass or failed on day 10. After day 10 everyone that passed will report to Zerega to continue paper work for HR and Union ,Get sized up for uniforms and etc. You will also pick which depot you will be working for and do your 4 weeks line training. The depot  you select or sent to will be where you're be working for unless otherwise. 

Day 7, Your driving in lower Manhattan. Your implementing all that you've learned from day 2-5. Remember you have to be satisfactory on day 6 also. If your not satisfactory on day 6 you will not move on the qualify on day 7. It will be considered a regular training day. Then Day 8 your assigned a different depot and instructor for training that day. Then day 9 is another qualification day.

I'm in the class now and I did take the test for passenger endorsement and airbrakes. The dmv has a new restriction that does not allow you to drive with passengers. So I cannot start line training until I pass my road test. I'm speaking from experience, this is what I'm experiencing currently.

I'm in the class now and I did take the test for passenger endorsement and airbrakes. The dmv has a new restriction that does not allow you to drive with passengers. So I cannot start line training until I pass my road test. I'm speaking from experience, this is what I'm experiencing currently.

What is your list number Range from?

Just an update. Monday my husband learned how to drive the newer model buses. Yesterday and today he was at zerega for HR paperwork and orientation. Today he was able to choose his depot. He also got first check today. So payday is on Wednesdays. He chose East New York. Tomorrow he has to report to East New York for line training. I know there was a question earlier on about line training and not having CDL license. So I think this may answer you all question. You can start line training if you just have your permit. My husband only has that. Good luck y'all!

Just an update. Monday my husband learned how to drive the newer model buses. Yesterday and today he was at zerega for HR paperwork and orientation. Today he was able to choose his depot. He also got first check today. So payday is on Wednesdays. He chose East New York. Tomorrow he has to report to East New York for line training. I know there was a question earlier on about line training and not having CDL license. So I think this may answer you all question. You can start line training if you just have your permit. My husband only has that. Good luck y'all!

congrats again..I passed the medical yesterday,just waiting for the next class...I've heard there are oa drivers at some queens depots..can you ask your husband if that's true?

TA and OA are the same. The only difference is that TA pension is covered under NYCER and you're consider a Civil service. If you were hired as an OA operator, you can pick to work for an TA depot same goes for TA operators. Only BC "Bus Company" agency titled can't work at any of the TA or OA depots.

Choosing Depots doesn't changes the hourly pay rate. The hourly pay will remain the same. It only changes if you're doing a night run "Night Differential", and of course overtime hours. Each run pays differently according to hours. Two Bus operator can be receiving the same hourly rate. For example if Bus Operator Tony run pays 90 hours and Bus operator Jeff pays 82 hours Bi-weekly, the one with the 90 hours will of course see a much more higher gross/net pay over the 82 hours run.

Not sure where some of you guys are getting this information from but ta can work in an oa depot and an oa operator can work in a ta depot. The pay is the same whether u work in a ta r an oa depot. The only time pay is different is in a mta bus depot, however, ta or oa can not work in an mta depot

Archived