Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

yes eny is a ta depot but again, oa and ta operators can go there. Once a depot is available or if you want to pick out of your depot when general picks come around you can pick into any depot available whether it is a ta or oa depot. if you decide to transfer to a queens or staten island depots you have to sign papers because you have to stay at queens or staten island for you entire career with transit as its a totally different union.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you passed your CDL PERMIT test after June 5 you have a P restriction on your license and are not allowed to start line training. If you took your permit test prior to June you do not have the P restriction and can start line training. They explained this today in class. The people that is reporting to Grand Ave tomorrow at 8 cannot start line training until they pass their road test due to the P (passenger) restriction.

TA individuals like myself are the only people sent to Queens. OA individuals at any time can pick into a Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan Depot they canNOT go to queens or Staten Island. And as dainty said at NO time can a TA OR OA person work in a MTA BUS DEPOT.

Drop11412 my husband said TA people can only work in Queens and SI and they have to stay there., BUS people can work at any depot and move around if they want. He is BUS.

My husband also said that, for new hires, you most likely won't be working days for a while. You'll be getting 6pm and after. Night differential starts at 6pm. For new hires it's .98 more per hour. At top pay its $1.42 more per hour.

mtawife, thank you!

Not sure where some of you guys are getting this information from but ta can work in an oa depot and an oa operator can work in a ta depot. The pay is the same whether u work in a ta r an oa depot. The only time pay is different is in a mta bus depot, however, ta or oa can not work in an mta depot

If you passed your CDL PERMIT test after June 5 you have a P restriction on your license and are not allowed to start line training. If you took your permit test prior to June you do not have the P restriction and can start line training. They explained this today in class. The people that is reporting to Grand Ave tomorrow at 8 cannot start line training until they pass their road test due to the P (passenger) restriction.

TA individuals like myself are the only people sent to Queens. OA individuals at any time can pick into a Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan Depot they canNOT go to queens or Staten Island. And as dainty said at NO time can a TA OR OA person work in a MTA BUS DEPOT.

I just got my cdl permit and I have a p restrictions on mine

If u can, take your road test outside before you're called. I took my road test today and thank God I passed but I was a nervous wreck all 5 of us that took it today was. 1 person out of the 5 failed and since he passed training on day 7 he gets a second chance. Trust me, getting through the 7-10 day training is stressful enough.

I didn't realize you were pertaining to someone from MTA BUS. No one in my class is from there just OA and TA. I can only speak on what they tell us.

I have no idea what they are going to do once they report to Grand Ave but the Superintendent today made it very clear that u cannot start line training with the P restriction. Since I have the restriction I have to go down to the dmv tomorrow and apply for my Cdl so I can start line training on Friday instead of having to report to Grand Ave Depot.

Archived