RE: 1

Quill Depot

8502153434_9ba396913e_c.jpg

8500964199_475742cfe8_c.jpg

2 from the past. I wanna create a 4 x 12 collection, and look at it in the future. This is the 3rd photo in it.

Dang, reached my quota with the rep points, I owe you one Quill, +1.

What I was going to say is that this pic right here is the one that stands out by a million miles. No question about it.

The kid has a good eye... I believe this is Inwood with the packs of housing projects in the background... Captured very well.  :lol:

The kid has a good eye... I believe this is Inwood with the packs of housing projects in the background... Captured very well.  :lol:

You know people with this kind of talent can go for a career in the multimedia arts and make an absolute killing with an excellent salarly even if they choose to freelance. Perhaps in entertainment or working in the news media networks.

Yup, that's 207th street.  I grew up on that very same block.

lol...  Yeah I pass by there usually on the express bus, but recently I've tried the (1) train to see what the commute was like to the city since last year I tutored up by 191st street in Washington Heights and took the (1) to and from Midtown. I had went up to the last stop years ago when I lived on Staten Island exploring since I always was intrigued by the architecture and green of some areas like the Cloisters and back then I found the commute insanely long.  Now however when I took it up by Van Cortlandt Park, it was tolerable but too much transferring for me.  The thing I do get confused by if you will is it's Manhattan (albeit Upper Manhattan) but that area and the Kingsbridge area has a similar vibe so you can't really tell if you're in Upper Manhattan or the Bronx.  Technically 225th street is in Manhattan, but the last three stops (231st, 238th and 242nd) could also be in Upper Manhattan as far as I'm concerned.  It's only once you start to get away from the subway at 242nd that the vibe feels different.  Back then I had no idea that was Riverdale.  I just knew it seemed as if it got quieter but I didn't walk that far north.

Suffice it say that I was really considering moving to Inwood but by the Cloisters (architecture and views from over there are stunning), but it was too urban for me, hence why I'm where I'm at now.  :lol: Back then I think one bed rooms were going for $1,100.00 in the area I was looking in but this was around 2006 or so.  I imagine now the area by Cabrini Blvd (west of Broadway) for a one bed room would probably be $1,600.00 if not more.

Archived