April 6th, 2013 Bus Schedule Changes Thread

mfs NJT459

Don't know if that answered/opinionated to your question to your satisfaction.....

Yup, got it.

So nobody really gets on/off in New Egypt then? And it looks like people in areas like Pemberton, Browns Mills, etc are looking to go west in greater numbers than those looking to go east (since east of Cookstown only has a handful of riders).

Yup, got it.

So nobody really gets on/off in New Egypt then? And it looks like people in areas like Pemberton, Browns Mills, etc are looking to go west in greater numbers than those looking to go east (since east of Cookstown only has a handful of riders).

Straight.... so I won't have to reword/re-explain anything B-)

Activity on the 317 in New Egypt, not really, nah.... And you're spot on with your 2nd statement; virtually no one boarding from the west rides past lakewood, which makes sense.....

Straight.... so I won't have to reword/re-explain anything B-)

Activity on the 317 in New Egypt, not really, nah.... And you're spot on with your 2nd statement; virtually no one boarding from the west rides past lakewood, which makes sense.....

Your right I was on 317 friday when I boarded in lumberton by rte 38 beyond mt holly it was actually full seated load though!!!!!  

I will admit people got off in browns mills a daily rider informed me it gets packed but then empties out before ft dix. We were flying with little activity in new egypt then in ocean county we got err dead. The daily rider did tell me most people boarded 317 on rte 38 which can justify cutting it back sort of but then you server connections to SEPTA's regional rail network and express buses.

However I was surprised they didn't check my ID I guess it was cause the countdown to the end of 317 ft dix was to blame.

South Jersey only? No changes in North Jersey?

(conclusion from previous post)

The new schedules are up!

North Jersey has changes on the following routes:

2, 74, 83, 123, 144, 154, 156, 158, 159, 167, 168, 175, 177, 178, 182, 192, 197, 198, 320, 753, 772, 780, 873.

Route 168 will now serve Hackensack Bus Terminal.

Route 772 will be extended from New Milford to Paramus Bergen Community College via Bergen Regional Medical Center.

South Jersey highlight: After YEARS OF EXTREME BITCHING, NJT and the City of Burlington have come to an agreement to allow buses to stop at Broad and High Streets [at the Burlington Towne Center RiverLINE station].  This eliminates the need to walk up to two blocks from the station to connecting buses [the worst was the extremely long block from Broad to Federal on High St to connect with the 413 to Burl. Ctr Mall and Mt. Holly].  The 413 and 419 will start at Broad and High, the 409 SB stop will be shared with the 419. 

This will make bus connections with thev RiverLINE more convenient.

For those of you who know NJT ridership patterns:

How's ridership on the 419 north of Palmyra and 409 north of Burlington? I would imagine that its painfully low during those offpeak hours when RiverLINE is running.

For those of you who know NJT ridership patterns:

How's ridership on the 419 north of Palmyra and 409 north of Burlington? I would imagine that its painfully low during those offpeak hours when RiverLINE is running.

On the 419 north of Palmyra, the buses run virtually empty, all of the ridership is concentrated in Camden and Pennsauken.  On the 409 north of Burlington, the ridership is extremely light averaging 2 or 3 passengers per run, and most of those tend to concentrate in Trenton and Hamilton along Broad St since the 409 gives change unlike the exact-fare 603/613.  Weekend ridership on the 409 north of Burlington is almost non-existent.  The RiverLINE is too fast and cheap for the bus to compete with.  

On the 419 north of Palmyra, the buses run virtually empty, all of the ridership is concentrated in Camden and Pennsauken.  On the 409 north of Burlington, the ridership is extremely light averaging 2 or 3 passengers per run, and most of those tend to concentrate in Trenton and Hamilton along Broad St since the 409 gives change unlike the exact-fare 603/613.  Weekend ridership on the 409 north of Burlington is almost non-existent.  The RiverLINE is too fast and cheap for the bus to compete with.  

That's what I thought. What about rush hours and nights? If they eliminated both segments at all hours, that's nearly 150 bus-hours saved on the 419 and 251 bus-hours on the 409 a week.

Is the river line run by NJT?

Not technically, its run under a contract with Bombardier I think.

It can't go 24/7 because freight needs to run on weeknights. But I think that NJT has all night trackage rights from Saturday night into Sunday morning-I wonder why they don't take advantage of that?

The problem with the 409 is that there are still areas north of Burlington that are far from the Riverline. You have the areas in White Horse/Bordentown along Rt. 206, where the 409 is the only route there, and then you have Front Street in Florence-Roebling. (And then there's the connectivity issues that would result, because even if you had some route that served those areas, they'd still have to transfer to Riverline to get further south, with the 30 minute headways it has).

The 419 is in close proximity to the line itself, but there are some pretty big gaps between stations. If a stop were added by South Chester Avenue in Riverside, and somewhere in Beverly (the problem is that Perkins Lane is too far west), then maybe I could see it.

Rt. 130 is about 1 to 1.5 miles away from the RiverLINE so the stations are not within walking distance from the highway.  I Googled mapped the distance between Beverly-Edgewarter Park, and The Grand Marketplace, and the distance is almost 2 miles, too far for a walk [especially for an old, out of shape 55 yr. old dude like me].

It seems that many people who ride the RiverLINE either drive or are driven to/from the stations, with walk ups in towns like Palmyra, Burlington and Bordentown.  Then there are the transit transfers from NJT buses at Burlington [mostly from the 413], Camden, and Trenton.  Rail connections are at WRTC [PATCO] and Trenton [NEC line].

For bus route 197, "Extension of selected 197 Saturday and Sunday trips, both directions to Ringwood Park & Ride and Warwick (Oakland Ave. at Orchard St.)"

and 2 additional 198 Saturday trips To New York departing Wayne Transit Center at 3:24pm and 4:24pm.

For bus route 197, "Extension of selected 197 Saturday and Sunday trips, both directions to Ringwood Park & Ride and Warwick (Oakland Ave. at Orchard St.)"

and 2 additional 198 Saturday trips To New York departing Wayne Transit Center at 3:24pm and 4:24pm.

ohh ok weekends huh nice. Mine is get rid of west milford shuttle and replace it with extended 197 trips.

The 419 is in close proximity to the line itself, but there are some pretty big gaps between stations.

If a stop were added by South Chester Avenue in Riverside, and somewhere in Beverly (the problem is that Perkins Lane is too far west), then maybe I could see it.

What is this in reference to ?

Archived