B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

My letter doesnt state the time..i got a pink letter adnission for james madison on the 14 at 1 30pm

I have the same letter as you. How much time given for the test is not listed. Also, exam type is listed as "Written". Shouldn't it say multiple choice? Can someone with a different letter check if theirs is Written or Multiple choice?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same letter as you. How much time given for the test is not listed. Also, exam type is listed as "Written". Shouldn't it say multiple choice? Can someone with a different letter check if theirs is Written or Multiple choice?

since i was able to get a makeup i have a pink letter and it is written

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Lol,I don't Know I'm sure there was an extremely large number of applicants maybe that's why they added an additional test day. However, A Sunday sounds pretty Suspect for a city exam it's a first for me anyhow and I've been taking city, state & fed test since I left H.S. what's making me question it is that everyone posting is scheduled for the 14th

Yeah theres a lot also taking the exam on sunday. Some people dont use the forum, and if you notice its usually the same people posting.....I do know last exam 2613 out of 60,000 applicants that took tge exam, only 3700 actually passed.

I thought I read that for exam 2613, out of 30,000 people that toook the exam, only 3,621 people passed.

In addition, I am also scheduled to take the exam on December 15th as well.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Alright folks..for those who asking how long will we get our results and how fast will this move. Well right now the applicants ahead of us is 2613 which is The last TA exam that was taking Janurary 2013. Its December now and they started calling people from 2613 i believe The end of october or beginning November 2013. 4600 will not be called till 2613 has been filled in. According to the numbers that actually pass, Mta can knock out the list 2613 fast. Remember not everyone on that list will be hired for many other reason. So this weekend we will take the exam, I have a strong feeling by the end of 2014 beginning 2015, 4600 applicants who passed the exam will be the next round picks. But it all depends how quick they fill in 2613 applicants.

Is this a paper exam or online? If it's online, you don't receive an instant score when finished? I ask because I took some other civil service city exams, such as Motor Vehicle Driver & Traffic Enforcement Agent, and your score was given instantly after you finished and submitted it.

Edited by hockeyplayer9

Is this a paper exam or online? If it's online, you don't receive an instant score when finished? I ask because I took some other civil service city exams, such as Motor Vehicle Driver & Traffic Enforcement Agent, and your score was given instantly after you finished and submitted it.

This is a paper exam. And you will not receive your score as soon as you finish. If you record your answers on the "Candidate's Personal Record of Answers" form, you can compare this with the answer key that the MTA posts, which can be found by going to http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/proposed_answerkey.htm.

In addition, I have good news for everyone! Empire Exam Services is offering a last class on Thursday, December 12th for those who are taking the exam this upcoming weekend. The class will cost $100.00 for new students and $25.00 for any returning students, providing they bring their copy of the lesson plan from the previous class. Just like before, the class will be taking place at the Christ Lutheran Center, 85-15 101st Avenue, Ozone Park, 11416. This is easily accessible via the Q8 bus or the 88th Street Station off the (A) line.

For more information, email mtanycexamclass@gmail.com.Remember, time is ticking! The instructors have over 30 years with NYC Transit!

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Took exam from book.Become A Bus Driver in NY.

Practice exam 1 and 2.

Did npt get letter fpr test 4600.Going to Bklyn tues.follow up.Do I need to go to class?

Just got my cdl permit.

Now I do not know if just studying from the book is enough. please advise

Thanks

This is a paper exam. And you will not receive your score as soon as you finish. If you record your answers on the "Candidate's Personal Record of Answers" form, you can compare this with the answer key that the MTA posts, which can be found by going to http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/proposed_answerkey.htm.

Ok cool, thanks so much! What's the general waiting period for answer keys to be posted after a bus operator exam? Weeks or months? Thanks again!

Ok cool, thanks so much! What's the general waiting period for answer keys to be posted after a bus operator exam? Weeks or months? Thanks again!

Usually a few months. With 2613, they gave a make-up exam in the middle of March which delayed them releasing the answer key...