B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can I get a detailed earnings statement that includes my employers or a certified record of my yearly earnings and taxes?

You must pay us a fee, in advance, to get detailed or itemized earnings information for purposes not directly related to administering Social Security programs. Certified yearly earnings totals or an itemized earnings statement (certified or non-certified) can be obtained by completing the Request for Earnings Information (Form SSA-7050)

Yearly earnings totals are FREE to the public if certification is not required. To obtain FREE yearly totals of earnings, visit our website.

to obtain just yearly totals without employers its free, sign up for mysocialsurity at there website, there should be a tab to click on for work history on the upper right, i think, i was at 180 livingston today for processing and some people were paying SSA $115.00 for the yearly totals without employer info, hope this helps,

I dont understand some people say for the 115.00 u get everything company and month and year were u worked and others say u dont get detailed... from what ur writing what are u sayin that for the 115 u get the month and year and company name yes or no?

I paid 136 and that gives you every job within each year no months

So its no point in paying if it doesnt give u the months .. in my case i know the years just dont know the exact months thanks for the info

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5822527b60c73/Screenshot_2016-11-08-17-32-00.png?

Here is where I went. They accept check money order and the lady said they take credit card. Go in and get a ticket from the computer by input your information. Then click reason is "other". Your given a form and fill out request employment history earnings. Wait for number, they do not call in order, some have apointments, so please be patient. They give you another paper to fill out the request form. And they ask what years you want. I went all the way from 16 years old. I did it yesterday and was out in an hour but be prepared to be there for upto 2 hours. The abstract has all years and company and corporate address and the amount earned.

sent from my note4

Didnu get it from them ? Does it actually have the names of the companies u worked for and everything or u didnt get it ?

I ended up not getting it.  They don't give exact dates of employment which is what I wanted.  I know what month and year I started each job but I wanted to be exact if I could. 

Here is where I went. They accept check money order and the lady said they take credit card. Go in and get a ticket from the computer by input your information. Then click reason is "other". Your given a form and fill out request employment history earnings. Wait for number, they do not call in order, some have apointments, so please be patient. They give you another paper to fill out the request form. And they ask what years you want. I went all the way from 16 years old. I did it yesterday and was out in an hour but be prepared to be there for upto 2 hours. The abstract has all years and company and corporate address and the amount earned.

Does it have the months ?

sent from my note4

Does it have the months ?

sent from my note4

No. I doesnt. Just the years

sent from my note4

anyone in this forum came in for preemployment who had a accident on there license that can share there experience i just wanted to know if they give you a hard time if you have any accidents on ur license? if anyone can share there experience to help it would be gladly appreciated thank..

Edited by bonilla1987

anyone in this forum came in for preemployment who had a accident on there license that can share there experience i just wanted to know if they give you a hard time if you have any accidents on ur license? if anyone can share there experience to help it would be gladly appreciated thank..

I had an accident last year in november, it does not  appear on my license, maybe due to company car and the company is self insured rental car company, I didnt put on my original application, hense, I had to go and secure a cdl permit, today was my third time for preemployment, all my paper work was in order and was able to take drug test. Now, prior to drug test they were going over my original application and I had to initial each page, when we got to the page about accidents i told them i did have one and showed the incident report and changed my application to YES and filled in brief about accident, only reason i change my answer was because it was a NYC MTA bus involved, once they punch my name in there computer during investigation I would think it would pop up..I asked the guy if this would DQ me, he said not at this time. Also about tickets they asked me and I know i have one 4 year old parking ticket, I just said No, and they said OK. 

I had an accident last year in november, it does not  appear on my license, maybe due to company car and the company is self insured rental car company, I didnt put on my original application, hense, I had to go and secure a cdl permit, today was my third time for preemployment, all my paper work was in order and was able to take drug test. Now, prior to drug test they were going over my original application and I had to initial each page, when we got to the page about accidents i told them i did have one and showed the incident report and changed my application to YES and filled in brief about accident, only reason i change my answer was because it was a NYC MTA bus involved, once they punch my name in there computer during investigation I would think it would pop up..I asked the guy if this would DQ me, he said not at this time. Also about tickets they asked me and I know i have one 4 year old parking ticket, I just said No, and they said OK.

Oh ok thanks for sharing ur situation man the tickets if they show on ur abstract u should a told them though bc they gona see it ..

Oh ok thanks for sharing ur situation man the tickets if they show on ur abstract u should a told them though bc they gona see it ..

yeah no tickets on abstract, i dont think parking tickets go on abstracts, just moving violations,because i have all my updated abstracts and not for past 30 years,  i think its like a city marshall situation if its over 350 they tow or boot you, so Mta might see the 350 and over and if its less they just ask you and if you volunteer the info they ask you to pay up. just a thought,  

The cpd b packet. Should I put I went to college for two months and dropped out? And as far back as h.s. not elementary school and jhs

sent from my note4

Also the ticket that was years ago but doesn't show up when I ran my abstract

sent from my note4

if thats the 21 page booklet, oh yes i think you are going tomorrow for medical and final processing, saw your previous letter post, today they told everyone that if they get called back they need to fill out 21 page booklet with all schools college or part if not graduated, high school, middle school, elementary school, and no gaps on work history, however in 21page booklet it states only add unemployment if over 4 months, so i am confused on this issue

if thats the 21 page booklet, oh yes i think you are going tomorrow for medical and final processing, saw your previous letter post, today they told everyone that if they get called back they need to fill out 21 page booklet with all schools college or part if not graduated, high school, middle school, elementary school, and no gaps on work history, however in 21page booklet it states only add unemployment if over 4 months, so i am confused on this issue

Why the heck they want elementary and jhs. This booklet is killing me

sent from my note4

Why the heck they want elementary and jhs. This booklet is killing me

sent from my note4

also just FYI get there before 7am, today they were handing out the numbers at the first desk after you exit elevators, fist come first serve, and the medical was shut down twice for an hour each time because to many people in there, i got there today at 723am and was last out for drug test at 323pm, long day. if they are giving out tickets at second desk and your there early sit in front or stand up front, the girl at second desk at 730am ask everyone to line up and numbers giving out first on line

Thanks Young

You're welcome.

Wait till you start training. It'll be a blast!

Yep, tell me about it...

also just FYI get there before 7am, today they were handing out the numbers at the first desk after you exit elevators, fist come first serve, and the medical was shut down twice for an hour each time because to many people in there, i got there today at 723am and was last out for drug test at 323pm, long day. if they are giving out tickets at second desk and your there early sit in front or stand up front, the girl at second desk at 730am ask everyone to line up and numbers giving out first on line

When I went back in late 2013 & early 2014, I was there by 6 or 6:30 AM...and for all 3 times I went down there, I was out by Noon...

Hi everyone,

For those of you freaking out over not having enough employment pages for your 21-page package from hell...you can make copies, you don't need to go to Livingston Street for them.  If you know someone who has a copier, ask to borrow.

Just to clear up a point.  I called them and they told me.

Good luck everyone.

Unbelievable, they took my blood pressure and they said it was 150/90 my pressure was never that high ever. Something is wrong. The tech also had issues with taking my ekg. I don't know what's going on here. I took my medication for blood pressure. Even at my doctors office is less than 140. I'm so upset

sent from my note4

Unbelievable, they took my blood pressure and they said it was 150/90 my pressure was never that high ever. Something is wrong. The tech also had issues with taking my ekg. I don't know what's going on here. I took my medication for blood pressure. Even at my doctors office is less than 140. I'm so upset

sent from my note4

did they place you on a medial hold?

did they place you on a medial hold?

Waiting on one more test, breathing I believe. Did hearing, vision, ekg, urine analysis. I'm not happy at all. I hope I can get another blood pressure reading before I leave and verify. Sometimes if the cuff too small or tight they readings would be wrong. Just thinking.

sent from my note4