B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will be told what class to report to after you clear medical and go over the 21 page packet and finger printing

sent from my note4

I believe i saw a pic u posted isaelperez81 where it said the class been considered for isnt that the letter they send when they want u to come in for medical..?

so I went in last week so excited about starting the next class when bam after waiting for 4 hours to get seen they stated my license was suspended for three days in September of 2014 and would have to wait till September 2017 to join them smh I guess I'll just have to stay where I'm at a lil longer

Sparow857- I have my CDL Permit.

Not the only one. From what I was told after you do the 10 testing and pass, you then go through more training for 4-6 weeks. During that time TA sends you out to do a cdl road test with the dmv. If you fail after that I believe it's over. Can someone verify this information. I would like to take it as soon as possible on my own. Pretty trip is one part and the road is another.

This lovely lady I met there was really informative and said I will and knows I'll do well. She was right about everything yesterday,[emoji4] , said I would clear medical and did. Like some sort of angel[emoji56] .

I can't wait to get the feel of the buses and be on the road. Also heard clerks say they need to call in more people to process and this class has more room to fill.

sent from my note4

so I went in last week so excited about starting the next class when bam after waiting for 4 hours to get seen they stated my license was suspended for three days in September of 2014 and would have to wait till September 2017 to join them smh I guess I'll just have to stay where I'm at a lil longer

Sorry to hear that. I've been hearing and seeing lots of people with issues when they get called to be seen. Honestly I never thought I would be called in so quickly. NOV 3 was pre employment. NOV 9 was medical, finger printing and paperwork. Next November 14 training! This is all happening so fast, and I'm not looking forward to resigning in such a short time with little notice. Something that could have been handled differently. People are leaving jobs with years put in, my experience is 3. Bittersweet if you ask me. But I know this is what needs to be done in order to progress. Ironically the Depot I'm thinking of would be close toy old job, heinsight.

sent from my note4

they are going to deny you with a pending ticket now once the ticket isn't pending it doesn't matter if you have a ticket on your abstract as long as the ticket doesn't go over a certain amount of points or that your license is not suspended from it

yeah I didn't expect everything to happen so soon either but congrats to you I'll be in there in October God willing

they are going to deny you with a pending ticket now once the ticket isn't pending it doesn't matter if you have a ticket on your abstract as long as the ticket doesn't go over a certain amount of points or that your license is not suspended from it

yeah I didn't expect everything to happen so soon either but congrats to you I'll be in there in October God willing

When dis they tell u this man when u when in for medical or for pre employment ? Didnt u know about the suspension on ur abstract ?

Not the only one. From what I was told after you do the 10 testing and pass, you then go through more training for 4-6 weeks. During that time TA sends you out to do a cdl road test with the dmv. If you fail after that I believe it's over. Can someone verify this information. I would like to take it as soon as possible on my own. Pretty trip is one part and the road is another.

This lovely lady I met there was really informative and said I will and knows I'll do well. She was right about everything yesterday,[emoji4] , said I would clear medical and did. Like some sort of angel[emoji56] .

I can't wait to get the feel of the buses and be on the road. Also heard clerks say they need to call in more people to process and this class has more room to fill.

sent from my note4

I've seen people do DMV road also on day10....you cannot line train with a permit..this is a fact.

I've seen people do DMV road also on day10....you cannot line train with a permit..this is a fact.

Also,if you fail DMV test after day ten,they will tell you to resign..

No, no mention of a class at all...I'm just assuming, since it looks like there's a class every two weeks...

I once heard that there is a class every two weeks so u might be able to start on that day hopefully ...

This happen to u when u went for medical or for the very first time to take pre employment package?

Sorry to hear that. I've been hearing and seeing lots of people with issues when they get called to be seen. Honestly I never thought I would be called in so quickly. NOV 3 was pre employment. NOV 9 was medical, finger printing and paperwork. Next November 14 training! This is all happening so fast, and I'm not looking forward to resigning in such a short time with little notice. Something that could have been handled differently. People are leaving jobs with years put in, my experience is 3. Bittersweet if you ask me. But I know this is what needs to be done in order to progress. Ironically the Depot I'm thinking of would be close toy old job, heinsight.

WHich depot is that?

Yes according to the rep taking my blood pressure readings the limit is 160 do I passed. And no the breathing was only for subway track employees exposed to all that pollution asbestos and track metal dust, testing for capacity I believe but not for bus operators.

I start monday

Congrats! Good luck!!

If you qualify on Days 7 or 9, you have two chances for the DMV road test. If you qualify on Day 10, you have one chance to qualify.

Speaking of the pre-trip, have you looked at the handouts provided by my instructor back in 2014? The last two images contain the pre-trip checkoff list for both the interior and exterior of the MTA bus...

Congrats! Good luck!!

If you qualify on Days 7 or 9, you have two chances for the DMV road test. If you qualify on Day 10, you have one chance to qualify.

Speaking of the pre-trip, have you looked at the handouts provided by my instructor back in 2014? The last two images contain the pre-trip checkoff list for both the interior and exterior of the MTA bus...

Great information. TY. BTW how much time do you normally get behind the wheel those days? And the chances (exam) how long do you wait to take them? I'm guessing day 1 is paperwork or class orientation. Anyone know the days and what is expecting each day?

sent from my note4

You i could be wrong but from the previous description when you were in a tizzy about getting your ducks in a row IIRC you said you work in midtown for the USPS only Depot in midtown is on 11th Avenue which is Quill

Not me. I do live in lower Manhattan so that Depot would be closer to me[emoji4]

sent from my note4

I paseed today on day 9 good luck yall. Just follow everything they say and you should be fine. And remember it's training so just drive sloe slow slow. Watch those mirrors every 3-5 seconds and keep your 4-5 feet on right side.

I had Pena for first 7 days and then Quarless for 8 and 9 and they're both amazing.

I paseed today on day 9 good luck yall. Just follow everything they say and you should be fine. And remember it's training so just drive sloe slow slow. Watch those mirrors every 3-5 seconds and keep your 4-5 feet on right side.

I had Pena for first 7 days and then Quarless for 8 and 9 and they're both amazing.

congratulations thats awesome news . Btw much time behind the wheel you get per day? What day do you actually start to drive. How many people per class and how long of a day?

sent from my note4

Edited by isaelperez81