B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Same for me. I was there on Thursday for the pre employment/drug test. Have to report this Wednesday for medical at 7:30. I know my previous employment history and schools attended but I'm stressing over the dates. Does anyone know if they want exact dates or if the month and year is fine? Also, do they want schools dating back to elementary school or just High School and beyond? Thinking about declining the appointment for now. If I do decline, what happens afterwards? Will I be removed from the list and have to reinstate or will they email me again for the next class?

The packet given out states all employments from after HS. No gaps and must include unemployment. Went down to the social security office to get my employment abstract with years but actual dates aren't indicated. 115 bucks check or money order also they said take credit cards. I have my history from when I was 16 until present.

sent from my note4

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The packet given out states all employments from after HS. No gaps and must include unemployment. Went down to the social security office to get my employment abstract with years but actual dates aren't indicated. 115 bucks check or money order also they said take credit cards. I have my history from when I was 16 until present.

sent from my note4

Thanks for the info.  Employment is simple for me because I've only had two jobs in my life dating back to 2002.  I was going to head to the SS office tomorrow for my employment history but if there's no exact dates, it's kind of useless.  Are you putting down date and month only on the CPD packet since you don't have actual dates from your SS abstract?

sent from my note4

I got to come in this week and i have that letter that ask with employment history and all do they keep that on ur first trip down there or they tell u to bring it next time .. i see that u guya are returnin for the medical and are goin to be taking that letter with u now didnt u guys have to take that the day of pre employment ? I want to know bc im stressing over those dates so if they dont keep it the first time i go that way i know i have more time to gather all that info..

1st part of the appointment is the pre employment screening. 10 years employment history listed with no gaps. Birth certificate, social security card, drivers history and after that urine test.

Then they give you a packet to fill out at home and bring in the second time around, which includes bringing license, social and birthday certificate and the medical test is performed. I go on Wed for the latter. If you pass medical you go to training, which for me is Nov 14 if all goes well.

sent from my note4

1st part of the appointment is the pre employment screening. 10 years employment history listed with no gaps. Birth certificate, social security card, drivers history and after that urine test.

Then they give you a packet to fill out at home and bring in the second time around, which includes bringing license, social and birthday certificate and the medical test is performed. I go on Wed for the latter. If you pass medical you go to training, which for me is Nov 14 if all goes well.

sent from my note4

Hey Perez do you mind me asking what's your list# range? I'm also waiting on medical...

Same for me. I was there on Thursday for the pre employment/drug test.  Have to report this Wednesday for medical at 7:30.  I know my previous employment history and schools attended but I'm stressing over the dates.  Does anyone know if they want exact dates or if the month and year is fine?  Also, do they want schools dating back to elementary school or just High School and beyond?  Thinking about declining the appointment for now.  If I do decline, what happens afterwards?  Will I be removed from the list and have to reinstate or will they email me again for the next class?

The month and year is fine...from what I recall, they want schools dating back to elementary. If you do decline the appointment, since you did take the first drug test, I would call and ask, just to be on the safe side....worse comes to worse, your name will be removed from the list and you'll have to get in contact with DCAS to restore your name (not a big deal)...I highly doubt that they'll email you again for the next class, with the amount of people they deal with on a regular basis.

Thanks for the feedback. Feeling better. Still here waiting. Ive Seen people leave upset today due to License issues.

sent from my note4

They implemented this rule in March whereas if there is a suspension on your abstract you won't go forward with pre-employment until the suspension falls off of the abstract in prior years this wasn't an issue this only pertains to Buses and not Subways from my understanding

Edited by BusOperator3319

Anyone able to tell me is transit strict about employment history like for instant if u missed something or are bot 100% sure of the month will they make a big deal? Who ever can help ill appreciate it thanks

if you aren't quite sure the best way to go about it would be to call your old employer(s) ask for HR and ask to speak to someone about employment verification

Didn't qualify today so on to day 7, 8 and 9. GOT stuck in a cross walk on 14th street. Stupid 18 wheeler decided to not make the left at the last minute and stopped in intersection. THEN all he'll broke loose nobody let me make the left.

You can just put month and year if that's all you have, I did and it went through. Just don't leave any Month unaccounted for

I'm with Pena at Mother Clara Hale

Didn't qualify today so on to day 7, 8 and 9. GOT stuck in a cross walk on 14th street. Stupid 18 wheeler decided to not make the left at the last minute and stopped in intersection. THEN all he'll broke loose nobody let me make the left.

You can just put month and year if that's all you have, I did and it went through. Just don't leave any Month unaccounted for

I'm with Pena at Mother Clara Hale

Don't worry about it...75% of the people qualify on Day 9 anyway...just learn from your mistake, and use better forward planning...

Can anyone tell me which social security office they went to i tried goin to one by my house to get the work history snd they tell me they dont have that .. that what they can give me says how much i earned for that year but doesnt say the company i worked in .. can anyone tell me were they got theres at whih office thanks

Can anyone tell me which social security office they went to i tried goin to one by my house to get the work history snd they tell me they dont have that .. that what they can give me says how much i earned for that year but doesnt say the company i worked in .. can anyone tell me were they got theres at whih office thanks

I went to the Social Security office in Long Island City and they told me the same thing. I asked for my employee history and they said they only give Earnings reports. $115 and that location doesn't accept credit cards.

I went to the Social Security office in Long Island City and they told me the same thing. I asked for my employee history and they said they only give Earnings reports. $115 and that location doesn't accept credit cards.

Didnu get it from them ? Does it actually have the names of the companies u worked for and everything or u didnt get it ?

How can I get a detailed earnings statement that includes my employers or a certified record of my yearly earnings and taxes?

You must pay us a fee, in advance, to get detailed or itemized earnings information for purposes not directly related to administering Social Security programs. Certified yearly earnings totals or an itemized earnings statement (certified or non-certified) can be obtained by completing the Request for Earnings Information (Form SSA-7050)

Yearly earnings totals are FREE to the public if certification is not required. To obtain FREE yearly totals of earnings, visit our website.

to obtain just yearly totals without employers its free, sign up for mysocialsurity at there website, there should be a tab to click on for work history on the upper right, i think, i was at 180 livingston today for processing and some people were paying SSA $115.00 for the yearly totals without employer info, hope this helps,