B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally understand regarding post about medical but since we're on the topic. When your about to take your medical in regards to the vision. what happens if you need glasses at that time? What happens?

If you pass the vision, you're good. If you fail the vision because you need glasses, they will probably put you on medical hold until you come back with a pair to resolve the issue. The sooner you come back, the better.

What they made me do for the medical was a EKG, hearing, vision, B/P, weight. They took the blood pressure from both arms, they recorded both readings and they went with the better reading. Next, the doctor had me change into a gown so she could check my breathing, in addition to simple exercises, like squatting, tilting your head, etc.

I don't know if you are aware, however according to http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/forum-19/announcement-11-please-read-020714/, one of the administrators is asking us to "Please keep posts relevant to the particular forum title." The reason why I am mentioning this is to try and cut down on the number of posts, especially since I remember posting about my medical hold several times in the 2613 thread (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/). Although I do understand that this will be taking place in the future for the 4600 candidates, this post is more relevant to the 2613 thread.

is it a good idea to get a check up from your regular doctor before you go for your medical ,just incase something is wrong you can  have time to fix  

What they made me do for the medical was a EKG, hearing, vision, B/P, weight. They took the blood pressure from both arms, they recorded both readings and they went with the better reading. Next, the doctor had me change into a gown so she could check my breathing, in addition to simple exercises, like squatting, tilting your head, etc.

I don't know if you are aware, however according to http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/forum-19/announcement-11-please-read-020714/, one of the administrators is asking us to "Please keep posts relevant to the particular forum title." The reason why I am mentioning this is to try and cut down on the number of posts, especially since I remember posting about my medical hold several times in the 2613 thread (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/). Although I do understand that this will be taking place in the future for the 4600 candidates, this post is more relevant to the 2613 thread.

is it a good idea to get a check up from your regular doctor before you go for your medical ,just incase something is wrong you can  have time to fix  

I think its a good idea. I myself will be doing the same like you never know what condition you are unaware of and dr can pick it up and hopefully get it solved or under control. But me personally I will be doing the same.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I hate snow! Im hearing this weekend we having another storm? Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yes it is. Why are you acting like a bully on the net? on top of that on a free forum? Good job proceeding with 2613 but theres no need to brush it on people here. Can we please drop the subject regarding to get your license or not. Everyone is entitled to do whats best for them. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Good morning 4600!!!!!! Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Stay on direct topic about the 4600 Bus Operator Exam please. No smart remarks or going off-topic or you will not be allowed to post here anymore. Thank you.

?.............

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

We should get some action by mid 2015

For 4600 hopefully we should be getting list # by early 2016. My opinion from how other exams have performed. Also heard from 2 friends who failed boss exam taken in Nov 2013 believe it was for exam 3101 not 100% Can anyone confirm if boss exam for Nov was for 3101

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Edited by Manwell

We should get some action by mid 2015

For 4600 hopefully we should be getting list # by early 2016. My opinion from how other exams have performed. Also heard from 2 friends who failed boss exam taken in Nov 2013 believe it was for exam 3101 not 100% Can anyone confirm if boss exam for Nov was for 3101

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

BOSS was in Nov 2013