Queens man busted 29 times for stealing trains, buses

Harry

Darius McCollum can explain the complicated workings of the New York City transit system with the precision of a veteran conductor. He knows every subway stop, every line, every train. It's an obsession that has dominated his life. But instead of becoming a transit worker, he's become a transit impostor. Twenty-nine times, beginning when he was a teenager, he's been arrested for crimes that include piloting a subway train, stealing a bus and donning uniforms to pose as a conductor and even track worker. "I've always loved trains, ever since I can remember. I had the whole subway map memorized by the time I was 8.

Read more: Source

It's a little bothersome as to why someone would ask that in this kind of forum.

It was a rhetorical question...meaning "how can someone think about doing that". Smh...

The word "why" would fit better than "how" in a rhetoric.

Plus, you got outsiders lurking through the forums, these days, you never know.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G via Tapatalk 4

Glad to read that he is getting therapy instead of just being sent back to jail on the taxpayer's back. Tere are a number of treatment modalities that can help him better interact socially and learn better impulse control and social skills. Hopefully this is the last of his "adventures"

What a shame. The more media publicizes McCollum's story the more I feel for the guy. Such great knowledge this guy has, unfortunately he continued to act on his interests, and thus compromised any careers in the transit field.

A waste of potential.

What a shame. The more media publicizes McCollum's story the more I feel for the guy. Such great knowledge this guy has, unfortunately he continued to act on his interests, and thus compromised any careers in the transit field.

A waste of potential.

Maybe he could get on with the Transit Museum (maybe)

Maybe he could get on with the Transit Museum (maybe)

I think it's better that they never hired him. Someone with that level of obsession with trains and buses could end up being a danger to himself and others if he were ever disciplined or fired for any reason.

• 2 weeks later...

The word "why" would fit better than "how" in a rhetoric. Plus, you got outsiders lurking through the forums, these days, you never know. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G via Tapatalk 4

You can get operational manuals for buses. Royal Coach sells old ones. Not sure about new ones.

Archived