Q70 Timetable

BM5 via Woodhaven

So beautiful

Lol. At least your dreams have come true.

This topic does not belong on the bus photos and video forum.

I was debating about that earlier (If I should or shouldn't post there, since it does deal with MTA Bus). Well now I know.

Why is this not on MTAinfo yet?

They first make the schedule then scan it, that's why. On rare occasions they have it on the buses way before it goes up on the MTA website.

When you look at the timetable, it looks like way too much service is being provided for it.... Iono, maybe it's just me....

Here's the recap of Service

Every Day:

12 AM- 1 AM: Every 20 minutes

1 AM- 5 AM: Every 30  minutes

5 AM-7 AM: Every 20 minutes

7 AM-10 AM: Every 15 minutes

10 AM- 9 PM: Every 12 minutes

9 PM -10 PM: Every 15 minutes

10 PM-12 AM: Every 20 minutes

After I put n4 Service Poster Information at Jamaica Center tonight, I stopped by at Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av for night map, and decided to ask LGA Dispatcher if he has Q70 timestable and he had. I said thank you.

I don't think there is any more night map I went everywhere.Whats the starting date again is it sept 8 or 9

Q70 schedule came out also.

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/q070cur.pdf

Q33 schedule.

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/q033cur.pdf

Q72 Schedule

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/q072cur.pdf

It look like it means soon as Q72 leaves Main Terminal, it will use 94th St exit directly instead of making U-turn after American Airline hanger.

Q70 schedule came out also.

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/q070cur.pdf

Q33 schedule.

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/q033cur.pdf

Q72 Schedule

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/q072cur.pdf

It look like it means soon as Q72 leaves Main Terminal, it will use 94th St exit directly instead of making U-turn after American Airline hanger.

The Q72 schedule is the old one, it hasn't been updated yet.

Took a close look at the schedule. Is this route interlined, are they going to have buses wait an entire headway at Roosevelt, or is there really no layover time at all? With buses waiting 13min, one needs 4 buses, with 1min of layover, one would need 3 buses.

I think the 12min headways will eventually be widened to 15min.

M60, Q33, Q48, Q72 does that too.

All airport routes (except the Q47) loop in and out of the airport.

In service?

You cannot ride the Q33 or the Q72 from their respective southern terminals, through LGA, and back to their respective southern terminals on the same ride..... Already tried, numerous times, panning over the course of years... With the M60, it's permissable, and with the Q48, it depends if that particular run is over (once it serves LGA, DH-ing to CS afterwards) or if it's going back to Flushing-Main st in service.....

In service?

You cannot ride the Q33 or the Q72 from their respective southern terminals, through LGA, and back to their respective southern terminals on the same ride..... Already tried, numerous times, panning over the course of years... With the M60, it's permissable, and with the Q48, it depends if that particular run is over (once it serves LGA, DH-ing to CS afterwards) or if it's going back to Flushing-Main st in service.....

How not?

Did you like tell the BO something before getting on or what?

All Q33's return back to 74 from LGA without Layover.

The Q72 schedule is the old one, it hasn't been updated yet.

Took a close look at the schedule. Is this route interlined, are they going to have buses wait an entire headway at Roosevelt, or is there really no layover time at all? With buses waiting 13min, one needs 4 buses, with 1min of layover, one would need 3 buses.

I think the 12min headways will eventually be widened to 15min.

It will be 13 mins layover. And the q33 carries heavy to LGA. It will not go to 15mins.

It will be 13 mins layover. And the q33 carries heavy to LGA. It will not go to 15mins.

The Q33 is gonna have some awkward service frequencies

Weekdays:

Peak directional service during the rush hour is 8 minutes

AM rush hour service to East Elmhurst is every 10 minutes

PM rush hour service to Jackson Heights is every 15 minutes.

Evening Service to East Elmhurst varies from 8 to 30 minutes

and to Jackson Heights: 15-20 minutes

Midday Service is every 10 minutes straight across.

How not?

Did you like tell the BO something before getting on or what?

All Q33's return back to 74 from LGA without Layover.

What do you mean how not, like it's that obvious....

And, No I didn't tell the b/o I wanted to ride from 74th to 74th, come on now.....

As for that last statement there..... There is a very brief stop & check (or what ever you want to call it) at central terminal - where the b/o gets up out the driver's seat, checks to see if anyone is still on the bus, THEN proceeds to pickup pax if everyone's gotten off... Even if it's almost instantaneous, there's still a minute (not "minute" as in 60 seconds, but the adjective - meaning very small) break in service...... If there's anyone on the bus, you will be told that (central term) is the last stop & you will have to disembark right then & there..... If you don't want to consider that a layover, whatever - but to sit here & make it sound like you can normally/permissably ride from 74th, through LGA, back to 74th (continuously) on the Q33 is a fallacy.....

The b/o's that are allowing that, aren't supposed to be doing that.... As to why they may do it, it could be b/c they're late or w/e.... But that is not a normal ride that is permissable (like on the M60, for example)...

1.What do you mean how not, like it's that obvious....

2.And, No I didn't tell the b/o I wanted to ride from 74th to 74th, come on now.....

3. As for that last statement there..... There is a very brief stop & check (or what ever you want to call it) at central terminal - where the b/o gets up out the driver's seat, checks to see if anyone is still on the bus, THEN proceeds to pickup pax if everyone's gotten off... Even if it's almost instantaneous, there's still a minute (not "minute" as in 60 seconds, but the adjective - meaning very small) break in service...... If there's anyone on the bus, you will be told that (central term) is the last stop & you will have to disembark right then & there..... If you don't want to consider that a layover, whatever - but to sit here & make it sound like you can normally/permissably ride from 74th, through LGA, back to 74th (continuously) on the Q33 is a fallacy.....

4.The b/o's that are allowing that, aren't supposed to be doing that.... As to why they may do it, it could be b/c they're late or w/e.... But that is not a normal ride that is permissable (like on the M60, for example)...

1. Because People get on Within the airport too, that's why I resppnded in that way.

2. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have said that, I understand, but I was asking like if you asked the BO prior to for a section to LGA Airport or Something

3. It must be done way before CTB, like right after leaving the stop before (Terminal C), because all Q33's I've seen from a distance always come into the stop, with a few people on board (Assuming these people came from within the airport, because they didn't get off). However, I'm guessing that the BO reconginzes faces, so I'm 50/50 on this. Tbh I don't consider that a layover, not doubting your statements.

4. Well on the Q70 it's a loop.

LOL, people getting pissed because they won't be able to aimlessly ride around on a bus in a loop.

I'm all into this hobby and everything, but I at least take the bus places and don't just aimlessly ride around.

Before I get targeted with the negative rep and rant posts as usual, I'll be more than glad to find an old post of someone who isn't me saying something like this that got a shit ton of +1s, I know there's at least a few posts like that out there.

Archived