B26 to East New York?

E For Erica

So I was talking to a B/O on the Q24 asking him about MTA internships & jobs and I brought up working for the ENY depot & somewhere in the convo he tells me that the B26 might get re-routed to East New York & come out of ENY soon. I highly doubt this is true but what do you guys think?

If true it's certainly not the first time a route left the pond, nor would it be the last. As with all else I'd excise some discretion though.

Yeah. As crappy as FP is, the more routes it loses the closer it gets to being closed. But as long as Ridgewood & Masepth have bus service, it has a good chance of staying open.

Yeah. As crappy as FP is, the more routes it loses the closer it gets to being closed. But as long as Ridgewood & Masepth have bus service, it has a good chance of staying open.

Nah, they won't close it. It's vital to maintain service, as every Brooklyn depot is at near capacity.

And just in my opinion, Ulmer Park is worse than Fresh Pond. Only one slightly better is East New York.

I guess that 'E' stands for East New York after all...

Random that the b/o would mention that (after inquiring about employment or w/e), but anyway, I don't see them extending B26's buses to no East NY (the neighborhood)... However, I would not be surprised at that (or any other route) changing depots.... I believe that it's gonna come to a point where there isn't gonna be much of a rhyme or reason as to what routes come out of what depots (proximity/DH time wouldn't hold much importance as it, well, used to)....

I could go much further with this, but I'll stop here....

I guess that 'E' stands for East New York after all...

Random that the b/o would mention that (after inquiring about employment or w/e), but anyway, I don't see them extending B26's buses to no East NY (the neighborhood)... However, I would not be surprised at that (or any other route) changing depots.... I believe that it's gonna come to a point where there isn't gonna be much of a rhyme or reason as to what routes come out of what depots (proximity/DH time wouldn't hold much importance as it, well, used to)....

I could go much further with this, but I'll stop here....

Lol nah the E stands for my name. When I made this account I tried to be clever with it & have the E stand for my name & the (E) train. Plus I have a (E) train shit too that I wear under my buttoned jean jackets & zipped hoodies every now and then.

But anyway he told me about about the B26 because he asked me which route you would take and stuff. And like I said, I doubt they would send the B26 to East New York. Most likely that would require re-routing it off of Halsey (Then Halsey residence is gonna complain about the loss of B26 service) Plus the Halsey residence in Bushwick would lose their service too. And where in East New York is it gonna go anyway? 

Or if not taking it off Halsey (which I really could not see them doing; why would they? It's not like it's unused or something).

To “EXTEND” to East NY, I could see it doing something like picking up the old B18 route, or maybe merging with that part of the B13 somehow.

So I was talking to a B/O on the Q24 asking him about MTA internships & jobs and I brought up working for the ENY depot & somewhere in the convo he tells me that the B26 might get re-routed to East New York & come out of ENY soon. I highly doubt this is true but what do you guys think?

Rerouted to East NY (the neighborhood)? That would mean rerouting it away from Ridgewood, which isn't likely.

Reassigned to East NY (the depot)? Also not likely.  If FP is too crowded, then it's more likely that [1] the :bus_bullet_b7:  would move back to ENY or [2] some other route would move to GA.

Rerouted to East NY (the neighborhood)? That would mean rerouting it away from Ridgewood, which isn't likely.

Reassigned to East NY (the depot)? Also not likely.  If FP is too crowded, then it's more likely that [1] the :bus_bullet_b7:  would move back to ENY or [2] some other route would move to GA.

Excatly. Taking away service from Bushwich & Ridegwood means riders would have to walk an extra block or two to Gates for the B52. but moving the route would leave FP with extras which could be used to improve service on some of the slow routes that they have.

Does ENY even have enough to handle another route. The B84 just came out.

Excatly. Taking away service from Bushwich & Ridegwood means riders would have to walk an extra block or two to Gates for the B52. but moving the route would leave FP with extras which could be used to improve service on some of the slow routes that they have.

Does ENY even have enough to handle another route. The B84 just came out.

At most, the B84 uses 2 buses every day.

But anyway he told me about about the B26 because he asked me which route you would take and stuff.

And like I said, I doubt they would send the B26 to East New York. Most likely that would require re-routing it off of Halsey (Then Halsey residence is gonna complain about the loss of B26 service) Plus the Halsey residence in Bushwick would lose their service too. And where in East New York is it gonna go anyway? 

Preaching to the choir with this.... Which is why I wouldn't put any real stock in it happening.....

To “EXTEND” to East NY, I could see it doing something like picking up the old B18 route, or maybe merging with that part of the B13 somehow.

I'm assuming you have the word extend in quotes for a reason....

Considering that fact, I don't see what you're saying here.... Which old B18 was this that went to East NY?

....Does ENY even have enough to handle another route. The B84 just came out.

You're asking the wrong question here....

It's not the number of routes, but the number of buses needed to run those routes.....

IMO the B7 should have never left ENY or Flatbush for that matter...don't mean to get off topic.

I didn't mind it leaving FLA; I would have rather had the old B78 there over the B7.....

However, the wtf moment of the day, came when they moved the B7 from ENY to FP......

You're asking the wrong question here....

It's not the number of routes, but the number of buses needed to run those routes.....

I didn't mind it leaving FLA; I would have rather had the old B78 there over the B7.....

However, the wtf moment of the day, came when they moved the B7 from ENY to FP......

Oh okay. And yeah why did they move the B7 anyway? Right when ENY got XD40s too lol

Archived