B26 to East New York?

E For Erica

I'm assuming you have the word extend in quotes for a reason....

Considering that fact, I don't see what you're saying here.... Which old B18 was this that went to East NY?

I used the quotes to emphasize that what I was suggesting would be a true "extension". What others were speculating on were reroutes that did not take the line any further, thus did not fit as true "extensions".

The B18 used to go down Cypress to Jamaica Ave. @ Crescent, which is East NY. (See vista'slink).

Well, if anything, they are planning new routes in Ridgewood, including a new B18 (@EricB, @B35 via Church).

http://bit.ly/1fAReCh

That's the old plan to eliminate it (dated 2001), not any new plan.

I used the quotes to emphasize that what I was suggesting would be a true "extension". What others were speculating on were reroutes that did not take the line any further, thus did not fit as true "extensions".

The Q18 used to go down Cypress to Jamaica Ave. @ Crescent, which is East NY. (See vista'slink).

That's the old plan to eliminate it (dated 2001), not any new plan.

You mean B18...

The B18 used to go down Cypress to Jamaica Ave. @ Crescent, which is East NY. (See vista's link).

Yeah, what's considered East NY is ambiguous..... Thanks though.

You mean B18...

Yeah, what's considered East NY is ambiguous..... Thanks though.

It is.... But that's why I said "thanks" at the end of that post, as Cypress hills is a subsection of ENY.....

Same could be said for Highland Park, New Lots and City Line?

You could say the area e/o Pennsylvania Ave from Jamaica Ave bordering on the north and Linden Blvd on the south out to maybe Crescent/S. Conduit Av could be considered ENY.

But where to fit the B26 "Extension"? Q24 serves Atlantic. (A) serves Pitkin. B12 Liberty was cut back to Alabama apparently because of duplication. B14 serves Pitkin-Sutter. B15 serves New Lots. (3) serves Livonia. Ain't no room for the B26, and to move it from FP to ENY would be a logistical nightmare - not that it's stopped MTA from making Warp 5 jumps in the past.

E for Erica, i think the B/O on the Q24 was handing you a fake transfer ;)

An aside for trivia buffs: B18 used to run to and from Hanson Pl on Carlton Ave & Adelphi St. waaay before it was moved to (and cut from)  the Cypress Hills/Bushwick/Williamsburg run. :o

You could say the area e/o Pennsylvania Ave from Jamaica Ave bordering on the north and Linden Blvd on the south out to maybe Crescent/S. Conduit Av could be considered ENY.

Yep, and I'll go one better than that.... 

ENY Depot (also, the Broadway Junction area) is considered by some to be in East New York......

Same could be said for Highland Park, New Lots and City Line?

I thought highland park is/was cypress hills... Nonetheless, nobody really calls that area highland park anymore.....

But yeh, New Lots, City Line, and Spring Creek (not listed in your post) are all subsections of ENY....

Yep, and I'll go one better than that....

ENY Depot (also, the Broadway Junction area) is considered by some to be in East New York......

I thought highland park is/was cypress hills... Nonetheless, nobody really calls that area highland park anymore.....

But yeh, New Lots, City Line, and Spring Creek (not listed in your post) are all subsections of ENY....

Spring Creek is part of ENY?

Where have I been...

But where to fit the B26 "Extension"? Q24 serves Atlantic. (A) serves Pitkin. B12 Liberty was cut back to Alabama apparently because of duplication. B14 serves Pitkin-Sutter. B15 serves New Lots. (3) serves Livonia. Ain't no room for the B26, and to move it from FP to ENY would be a logistical nightmare - not that it's stopped MTA from making Warp 5 jumps in the past.

E for Erica, i think the B/O on the Q24 was handing you a fake transfer ;)

Lol yeah, he was handing me BS. And as much as I would like seeing XD40s and 5000s on that route, it WOULD hurt it to extend and move it to ENY.

Spring Creek is part of ENY?

Where have I been...

Yeah man......

Areas like East New York, Bensonhurst, Sunset Park, and Flatbush are (well, were) huge as hell - until several smaller boundaries were established.... What is Spring Creek now, was nothing bus marshland way back when... The part of ENY you didn't go to, because nothing much was there...

Yeah man......

Areas like East New York, Bensonhurst, Sunset Park, and Flatbush are (well, were) huge as hell - until several smaller boundaries were established.... What is Spring Creek now, was nothing bus marshland way back when... The part of ENY you didn't go to, because nothing much was there...

Oh, so its kinda Like Flushing. Forest Hills, Rego Park, East Elmhrst and Elmhurst, Corona, Middle Village, Whitestone, Pomonok, Elechester were all part of Flushing at one point. The post offices in some area list it as Flushing.

When the housing development called Starrett City was opened it's zip code was 11207 (ENY Station) and it's post office was located at Atlantic and Pennsylvania Avenues. After the residents and politicians raised cain about it the postal functions were transferred to Canarsie station on Flatlands Avenue and a mini-post office was opened on Pennsylvania Avenue on the grounds of the development. Spring Creek is a part of the huge East New York area. Check out the boundaries of the East New York 75th precinct if you really want to see what the neighborhood encompasses.

The whole main grid is from E98 (the eastern boundary of that little piece of the Canarsie grid between ENY Ave. and Ditmas), all the way to the Queens border (And the same grid actually continues as much of SE Queens until Springfield Blvd)

Though the western part of this is Brownsville. I always used to lump Brownsville as part of ENY as well, as the boundary is not really clear. Might be the (L) and LIRR tracks.

There's also the transitional grid (between Canarsie and ENY/Howard Beach) running from Louisiana to Fountain, with New Lots as the northern border. This is the grid that contains Starrett City and Spring Creek. That obviously is apart of ENY, though the Spring Creek area has taken on a bit of a separate identity.

Oh, so its kinda Like Flushing. Forest Hills, Rego Park, East Elmhrst and Elmhurst, Corona, Middle Village, Whitestone, Pomonok, Elechester were all part of Flushing at one point. The post offices in some area list it as Flushing.

Same could be said for Jamaica, Far Rockaway and Long Island City.

Yeah man......

Just like Seaview Village was a swampy waste land now its line with nice houses.. its technically part of Canarsie and East New York

That post office on Atlantic and Pennsylvania sucks!!! Waited an hour for my mother package. Only one clerk and the supervisor was getting the packages. When I left, there were still about 20 people there waiting for packages...

Anyway, ENY runs from the (L) at Van Sinderen Ave to the Queens border. Zip Code 11207, 11208, 11239.....

Archived