Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

I like the idea B35 via Church proposed long ago of switching the Bx6 and M2 so there's crosstown Bronx service to 168 St, with the Bx46 you can have one serve River Terrace Apartments [the 46, I guess?] and have the other go up to 168.

If you really want to help out the 19 just extend the 33.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I only have two proposals for the Bronx. One is obviously the Bx25 above, but I also wanted to reroute the Bx22 via Bronxdale Avenue for extra coverage. How well used is the Bx22 around the Unionport Oval? Maybe a branch system similar to the Bx4/Bx4A could be worked out.

The Bx22 operating via Unionport serves a major shopping area inside of Parkchester that includes a Macy's. 

I like the idea B35 via Church proposed long ago of switching the Bx6 and M2 so there's crosstown Bronx service to 168 St, with the Bx46 you can have one serve River Terrace Apartments [the 46, I guess?] and have the other go up to 168.

If you really want to help out the 19 just extend the 33.

Alternatively, what about running alternating weekday Bx6 trips up Broadway to Columbia-Presbyterian instead, so that Riverside Drive is not overserved?

I have one proposal in the bronx, but I don't know if someone covered it. The first is to change the BxM6 Bus and do an alternate route towards the west side and it will go down Columbus Avenue and call it BxM6a. 

The orignial bus stops that gets pick up in the bronx will stay the same and going on the highways toward RFK Bridge

- 1st stop will 125 and Lexington Ave

-  2nd 116st and Frederick Douglas

Then it will continue down central park west turn right on 96th street and left on to Columbus

- 3rd 86th Columbus Avenue

- 4th 72nd Columbus Avenue

- 5th 57th Columbus Avenue

- 6th 43rd 9th Avenue

- 7th 33rd 9th Avenue

then the last stop will 23rd and 9th Avenue.

And then the return trip will go up 8th Avenue and Central Park West back to 125th Street

It serves a good purpose like 57th street - Columbus Circle

43rd Street - Port Authority Bus Terminal

33rd Street - Penn Station and Madison Sqaure Garden

I have one proposal in the bronx, but I don't know if someone covered it. The first is to change the BxM6 Bus and do an alternate route towards the west side and it will go down Columbus Avenue and call it BxM6a. 

The orignial bus stops that gets pick up in the bronx will stay the same and going on the highways toward RFK Bridge

Then it will continue down central park west turn right on 96th street and left on to Columbus

- 6th 43rd 9th Avenue

- 7th 33rd 9th Avenue

And then the return trip will go up 8th Avenue and Central Park West back to 125th Street

or make it go to downtown express outside rush hr via FDR and yorkville with timed transfers to other BXM lines.

So you remember that idea....

I like your offshoot idea of mine to have the Bx6/46 split b/w the two destinations....

Have Bx6's end at 168th & Bx46's end with M2's over on riverside drive....

OK, I only have two proposals for the Bronx. One is obviously the Bx25 above, but I also wanted to reroute the Bx22 via Bronxdale Avenue for extra coverage. How well used is the Bx22 around the Unionport Oval? Maybe a branch system similar to the Bx4/Bx4A could be worked out.

Can't see it panning out for the better.....

The Bx4a was created to replace the old 14 to/from parkchester.... Of the 4 & the 4a east of WPR, the 4a is sought after, so it was beneficial to have created that 4a branch (compared to the current 4).... Having a branch of the 22 run up castle hill towards Bronxdale would have buses bypassing the apt. complexes in parkchester.... You'd be doing the reverse of the 4/4a situation (having the portion that gets high[er] usage ending up with decreased service to serve a branch that would see less usage).....

In other words, the 22 is too important/too well used w/i the apt. complexes in parkchester.....

How about extending the proposed the Bx46 to 145 St (1) to compliment the Bx19? It will still serve the (6) and also connect to the (A)(B)(C)(D)(3)(4)?

Nah, I wouldn't put another bus route along 149th (bronx)/145th (manhattan)....

Alternatively, what about running alternating weekday Bx6 trips up Broadway to Columbia-Presbyterian instead, so that Riverside Drive is not overserved?

I suppose you could do it that way, but I wouldn't bother.... The Bx46 would see less service than the Bx6 anyway, so if we were to have 46's run to Manhattan or w/e, you may as well split 6's/46's in Manhattan.... As opposed to keeping 46's ending at prospect av subway & splitting 6's b/w riverside dr & 168th......

- 6th 43rd 9th Avenue

- 7th 33rd 9th Avenue

Any particular reason you specifically want BxM6's serving the west side?

- 6th 43rd 9th Avenue

- 7th 33rd 9th Avenue

I would also propose something similar with the BxM8 - there is adequate service from that area of the Bronx to the east side of Manhattan, but not to the west side. Both should be peak service only, however. (Likewise, the BxM2 should be peak service or weekdays only, as the 1 train covers most of its territory on the west side of Manhattan and 231 Street is ADA compliant

@ B35 - I thought it would be nice since I live in Parkchester and I take the express bus all the time. Because I work on the west side. But I think they should do it for other express buses also coming from the bronx.

@qjtransitmaster - That will be good but it won't start off on the westside. Bc most of the Bronx express buses go down 5th Ave so I just though it would be nice to go down west side like central park west or columbus.

I would also propose something similar with the BxM8 - there is adequate service from that area of the Bronx to the east side of Manhattan, but not to the west side. Both should be peak service only, however. (Likewise, the BxM2 should be peak service or weekdays only, as the 1 train covers most of its territory on the west side of Manhattan and 231 Street is ADA compliant

Nope BXM2 has more weekend riders than weekday riders so cutting weekend service would be a terrible idea this route is not like others. With other routes with similar ridership you can cut weekend service and cut it back BUT Bxm2 is a special case thus invalidating the need to cut back any weekend service shockingly weekend service could use a boost even at the expense of weekday service (off-peak) since the bulk of it's riders are weekend riders. Under normal circumstances Bxm2 is redundant BUT people use it too much to allow any reduction and technically it's a west side variant of the BXM1 so it's ridership shouldn't even be counted by itself since it's bronx route is identical to the BXM1 and they alternate. This is where VG8 has a point. 

So you remember that idea....

I like your offshoot idea of mine to have the Bx6/46 split b/w the two destinations....

Have Bx6's end at 168th & Bx46's end with M2's over on riverside drive....

Can't see it panning out for the better.....

The Bx4a was created to replace the old 14 to/from parkchester.... Of the 4 & the 4a east of WPR, the 4a is sought after, so it was beneficial to have created that 4a branch (compared to the current 4).... Having a branch of the 22 run up castle hill towards Bronxdale would have buses bypassing the apt. complexes in parkchester.... You'd be doing the reverse of the 4/4a situation (having the portion that gets high[er] usage ending up with decreased service to serve a branch that would see less usage).....

In other words, the 22 is too important/too well used w/i the apt. complexes in parkchester.....

Nah, I wouldn't put another bus route along 149th (bronx)/145th (manhattan)....

I suppose you could do it that way, but I wouldn't bother.... The Bx46 would see less service than the Bx6 anyway, so if we were to have 46's run to Manhattan or w/e, you may as well split 6's/46's in Manhattan.... As opposed to keeping 46's ending at prospect av subway & splitting 6's b/w riverside dr & 168th......

LOL BXM6 to west side err last I checked the BXM2 did that and can time with other BXM lines However I do see and understand his point and logic he may use the speed argument to justify it and reroute BXM2 stance. BUT alas that stance can be refuted and killed off with the imfamous crosstown transfer argument which would obliterate that argument completely.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Probably because in the immediate area, you have the (6) train which goes to the east side, whereas the trip to the (2) to reach the west side is harder. (It involves a little more of a backtrack, unless you live near the Bx40/42). But even then, the (2) doesn't have express service in The Bronx the way the (6) does. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see the logic.

LOL BXM6 to west side err last I checked the BXM2 did that and can time with other BXM lines However I do see and understand his point and logic he may use the speed argument to justify it and reroute BXM2 stance. BUT alas that stance can be refuted and killed off with the imfamous crosstown transfer argument which would obliterate that argument completely.

Why are you telling me about the BxM2......

Probably because in the immediate area, you have the (6) train which goes to the east side, whereas the trip to the (2) to reach the west side is harder. (It involves a little more of a backtrack, unless you live near the Bx40/42). But even then, the (2) doesn't have express service in The Bronx the way the (6) does. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see the logic.

Yeah, but my point is why the BxM6 and not some other BxM route(s)...

Because it's the shortest.... Because of selfish reasons.... Because of what you're mentioning.....

Why are you telling me about the BxM2......

Yeah, but my point is why the BxM6 and not some other BxM route(s)...

Because it's the shortest.... Because of selfish reasons.... Because of what you're mentioning.....

I agreed with ya. The reason why he selected the BXM6 is due to the fact it would negatively impact the fewest BXM express riders as other than the useless bxm4 BXM6 not counting the Bxm18 has the lowest ridership of the Bxm lines the only other 2 bxm lines with fewer riders are bxm4 and 18 in which the latter is rush hr only. So he thought changing it's manhattan routing would eliminate or reduce redundancy to the (6) train via west side reroute and even boost ridership due to new markets getting faster parkchester access. Due to ridership your less likely to run into opposition to rerouting the Bxm6 as opposed to the big fish like Bxm 9,7 and 10 all of which have very high ridership and rerouting them in manhattan endangers their high ridership base which may or may not like the changes and due to high ridership your likely to run into high opposition or not which means too much uncertainty not so with BXM6 which has puny ridership compared to most bronx express lines and a reroute would benefit that route more so than it would another line.

@ B35 - I thought it would be nice since I live in Parkchester and I take the express bus all the time. Because I work on the west side. But I think they should do it for other express buses also coming from the bronx.

@qjtransitmaster - That will be good but it won't start off on the westside. Bc most of the Bronx express buses go down 5th Ave so I just though it would be nice to go down west side like central park west or columbus.

Well the thing is many crosstown buses in upper manhattan are not slow like in midtown or lower and can take you to the west side easily. I understand your stance though but you would have a very hard time beating the  <6>  to crosstown combo even with that reroute. The reason why I chose downtown is to serve FDR and also to reach areas that the (6)<6>  don't directly reach. The thing with the lex line is that transfers are unpredictable as well as on-time performance which is lower than the system average not bad enough to lose to a local of LTD bus but bad enough to lose to an express bus badly. Underlying connection opportunities are also available at downtown to speed up the trip times of those extreme commuters. Wink ask VG8 he would know what I mean as he does it a few times. Example BXM line to manhattan to transfer to an SI X line like X10 or 17 to reach another outer-borough those lines are fastest when caught from lower manhattan. 

WOW you always know what is going on don't you?

I agreed with ya. The reason why he selected the BXM6 is due to the fact it would negatively impact the fewest BXM express riders as other than the useless bxm4 BXM6 not counting the Bxm18 has the lowest ridership of the Bxm lines the only other 2 bxm lines with fewer riders are bxm4 and 18 in which the latter is rush hr only. So he thought changing it's manhattan routing would eliminate or reduce redundancy to the (6) train via west side reroute and even boost ridership due to new markets getting faster parkchester access. Due to ridership your less likely to run into opposition to rerouting the Bxm6 as opposed to the big fish like Bxm 9,7 and 10 all of which have very high ridership and rerouting them in manhattan endangers their high ridership base which may or may not like the changes and due to high ridership your likely to run into high opposition or not which means too much uncertainty not so with BXM6 which has puny ridership compared to most bronx express lines and a reroute would benefit that route more so than it would another line.

Well the thing is many crosstown buses in upper manhattan are not slow like in midtown or lower and can take you to the west side easily. I understand your stance though but you would have a very hard time beating the  <6>  to crosstown combo even with that reroute. The reason why I chose downtown is to serve FDR and also to reach areas that the (6)<6>  don't directly reach. The thing with the lex line is that transfers are unpredictable as well as on-time performance which is lower than the system average not bad enough to lose to a local of LTD bus but bad enough to lose to an express bus badly. Underlying connection opportunities are also available at downtown to speed up the trip times of those extreme commuters. Wink ask VG8 he would know what I mean as he does it a few times. Example BXM line to manhattan to transfer to an SI X line like X10 or 17 to reach another outer-borough those lines are fastest when caught from lower manhattan. 

1) I agreed with ya. The reason why he selected the BXM6 is due to the fact it would negatively impact the fewest BXM express riders as other than the useless bxm4 BXM6 not counting the Bxm18 has the lowest ridership of the Bxm lines the only other 2 bxm lines with fewer riders are bxm4 and 18 in which the latter is rush hr only. So he thought changing it's manhattan routing would eliminate or reduce redundancy to the (6) train via west side reroute and even boost ridership due to new markets getting faster parkchester access. Due to ridership your less likely to run into opposition to rerouting the Bxm6 as opposed to the big fish like Bxm 9,7 and 10 all of which have very high ridership and rerouting them in manhattan endangers their high ridership base which may or may not like the changes and due to high ridership your likely to run into high opposition or not which means too much uncertainty not so with BXM6 which has puny ridership compared to most bronx express lines and a reroute would benefit that route more so than it would another line.

He's creating a seperate branch of the BxM6. He said "I have one proposal in the bronx, but I don't know if someone covered it. The first is to change the BxM6 Bus and do an alternate route towards the west side and it will go down Columbus Avenue and call it BxM6a."

And you do realize that the BxM6 is actually just as efficient as the other Bronx express routes, right? The cost per passenger is lower than all the Bronx express routes except for the BxM7, BxM9, BxM7A, BxM10, and BxM1. So if you end up losing half your ridership on a change, you just doubled the cost per passenger from $10.26 (which is about average) to $20.52 (which is terrible).

That would be like saying that you could make a change to the B42 or B74 just because they're short routes with low ridership. They're short, but they're efficient. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the change, but I'm just saying that you shouldn't just test it out on a route just because it has low ridership.

He's creating a seperate branch of the BxM6. He said "I have one proposal in the bronx, but I don't know if someone covered it. The first is to change the BxM6 Bus and do an alternate route towards the west side and it will go down Columbus Avenue and call it BxM6a."

And you do realize that the BxM6 is actually just as efficient as the other Bronx express routes, right? The cost per passenger is lower than all the Bronx express routes except for the BxM7, BxM9, BxM7A, BxM10, and BxM1. So if you end up losing half your ridership on a change, you just doubled the cost per passenger from $10.26 (which is about average) to $20.52 (which is terrible).

That would be like saying that you could make a change to the B42 or B74 just because they're short routes with low ridership. They're short, but they're efficient. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the change, but I'm just saying that you shouldn't just test it out on a route just because it has low ridership.

I guess it's length has something to do with it that makes it so cheap to operate I guess that is why it still runs full-time even with low ridership due to it's length it's still cheap to operate makes sense.

Well since the BxM6 is brought up in discussion, how about a proposal of a part-time extension to Williamsbridge (Eastchester/Boston Road) OR some to Throgs Neck?

I'd lean towards thongs neck as BXM10 has good ridership. And if people going to throngs neck are allowed to board in parkchester ridership will increase.

You know you really don't have a clue about the BxM2, not that I'm surprised... Not the first time you've proposed ridiculous ideas either...

If you lived here, then you'd see how important the BxM2 is, and not just during peak service either since ridership on the weekends is higher than during the week.  We have the routes that we do here because of the places that people frequent.  Anyone that lives in Riverdale knows what a royal PITA it is to get to the subway and then deal with local stops on the (1) all the way to 96th street.  Now if the (1) had some sort of express service then it wouldn't be so bad... The (2) and (3) run like garbage to boot, which makes the BxM2 a much more convenient and quicker option.

---

On a side note, I don't see any other neighborhoods having the ridership for a West Side bus due to the demographics of those neighborhoods.  Riverdale is unique in that it has a decent portion of Upper West Siders and Upper East Siders that move here and also frequent the West Side and East Side of Manhattan to the degree that there's a market for West Side and East Side access and Downtown service (rush hours only).  The other routes however from my observations may have demand for both but not enough to have West Side and East Side buses, hence why the others run down 5th since 5th is centralized if you will.  I'd say each BxM route has its advantages... The BxM's that run down 5th run to 23rd street while the BxM1 and BxM2 run to 34th since that's what serves ridership patterns the best and keeps the routes from becoming too long.  

I don't see any need to extend any of these routes and make them any longer than they are.  As someone who has used 5th Avenue express buses I can assure you that they work just fine.  If I needed West Side access I would just take a crosstown bus or walk.  Same thing with East Side access. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Nope BXM2 has more weekend riders than weekday riders so cutting weekend service would be a terrible idea this route is not like others. With other routes with similar ridership you can cut weekend service and cut it back BUT Bxm2 is a special case thus invalidating the need to cut back any weekend service shockingly weekend service could use a boost even at the expense of weekday service (off-peak) since the bulk of it's riders are weekend riders. Under normal circumstances Bxm2 is redundant BUT people use it too much to allow any reduction and technically it's a west side variant of the BXM1 so it's ridership shouldn't even be counted by itself since it's bronx route is identical to the BXM1 and they alternate. This is where VG8 has a point. 

Uh.... No... BxM2 weekend service is just fine.  No need for more service... Don't think you've noticed but the way our service is set up most of the time, we have an express bus every 15 minutes outside of rush hour, so the BxM1 and BxM2 alternate most of the time between each other.  BxM2 weekday service can't really be cut back because of the fluctuation in ridership. The route after the heart of rush hour only runs every 30 minutes, which is about as bare bones as it gets and it works just fine.  If you were to cut back any runs you would risk some buses being SRO unnecessarily and there is certainly enough ridership to run service every 30 minutes.  

Maybe you could cut some Midtown bound buses but those buses have to be in service to pick up going back to Riverdale anyway, so you might as well keep them in service and let them pick up since they are used, esp. in the warmer months when folks go for dinner or shows or whatever and often travel in groups.  You only cut ridership when you're trying to match demand and right now I get the feeling that the (MTA) is trying to gauge where exactly ridership is with the BxM2 because it a route that is very marketable for the area and has potential to grow further, much like MetroNorth has in the area.  In an idea world, the (MTA) would like more people to use the BxM2, which is why they tweaked the route back to Riverdale as they felt that hampered the marketability of the route, which I certainly agree with. This could also potentially allow them to cut back on BxM1's, which is exactly what they do when they can, though there isn't anything they can really cut there either and they know that.  While there is certainly enough demand for the BxM2, it also takes stress off of the BxM1 because depending on your location, you can opt for the BxM1 or the BxM2 and this can allow for each line to have buses that are better at full loading capacity. The thing is though they don't like having to provide so many express buses on line like (i.e. X1) and where possible, they would rather run the BxM2 than add more BxM1 service.

I will give them credit... With the Riverdale routes and the Bronx routes, they have done a good job of understanding where the ridership comes from.  If you look at the BxM7 it seems as if it's ridership is concentrated.  Riverdale ridership is more spread out but if you add up the ridership of the BxM1, BxM2 and BxM18, ridership is only second to the BxM7, so as I said, we have the ridership.  It's just that ours is concentrated in three different markets. The BxM7 carried 923,477 riders in 2011 to our 803,625 total riders on the three routes which is impressive when you factor in the fact that we have MetroNorth here while the Bronx neighborhood of Co-Op city does not.  Only the BxM9 is even close with 616,011, almost 200,000 riders less, so if any route was eligible for West Side service it would have to carry at least what the BxM2 does which is a little more than 290,000 riders annually and I'm not sure any of those Bronx neighborhoods have that much demand for a West Side and East Side route.

not gonna lie I would have counted BXM1/2&18 together too I had a feeling they were very well used.

Believe me if there was anything to cut they would... Now the BxM2 isn't nearly busy as the BxM1 but the (MTA) believes that with the tweaking of the line implemented back in 2011 that ridership will grow and I personally believe this as well.  It's a matter of that tweak and the improvement of the economy that I think will help the Riverdale express buses rebound and continue to grow back to their 2007 numbers which wasn't that far off from 1 million riders for the year between the three routes with 975,165 riders...

@ B35 - I thought it would be nice since I live in Parkchester and I take the express bus all the time. Because I work on the west side.

But I think they should do it for other express buses also coming from the bronx.

Well that explains it..... At least you're honest.

To keep it 100, I figured it was due to some selfish reason....

I didn't think your reason was as involved/detailed as checkmate & QJT thought it might have been....

....The reason why he selected the BXM6 is due to the fact it would negatively impact the fewest BXM express riders as other than the useless bxm4 BXM6 not counting the Bxm18 has the lowest ridership of the Bxm lines the only other 2 bxm lines with fewer riders are bxm4 and 18 in which the latter is rush hr only. So he thought changing it's manhattan routing would eliminate or reduce redundancy to the (6) train via west side reroute and even boost ridership due to new markets getting faster parkchester access. Due to ridership your less likely to run into opposition to rerouting the Bxm6 as opposed to the big fish like Bxm 9,7 and 10 all of which have very high ridership and rerouting them in manhattan endangers their high ridership base which may or may not like the changes and due to high ridership your likely to run into high opposition or not which means too much uncertainty not so with BXM6 which has puny ridership compared to most bronx express lines and a reroute would benefit that route more so than it would another line.

I get what you're saying, but apparently none of this is the case.... See above.

On a side note, I don't see any other neighborhoods having the ridership for a West Side bus due to the demographics of those neighborhoods.

Yeah, that's one reason I wouldn't send (or have a branch of) the BxM6 (or any other route) on the other side of central park..... Keep the rest of the BxM's them on the east side of central park so they can get to the heart of midtown or whatever & be done with it.....

Edited by B35 via Church

Yeah, that's one reason I wouldn't send (or have a branch of) the BxM6 (or any other route) on the other side of central park..... Keep the rest of the BxM's them on the east side of central park so they can get to the heart of midtown or whatever & be done with it.....

Exactly... To be frank that's one reason why the BxM2 gets better ridership on the weekends and outside of rush hour because the BxM2 has to make its way over to the West Side and it's caught in several areas where there is a backup in traffic, one being over by 81st and Columbus, then Columbus itself down by 64th, then on Broadway and then on 7th in the 50s on down... You put more BxM's on the West Side and they'll have the same issue.  In the mornings the BxM2 takes longer to get to Midtown than does the BxM1, but when there isn't much traffic, the BxM2 is faster than the BxM1 going back to Riverdale anyway, so when people aren't in a rush then they don't mind and when traffic is lighter they have no problem using the BxM2 and flip flopping between the routes.  To give folks an idea, it can take an additional 20 - 30 minutes more during the rush hour on the BxM2 than on the BxM1 depending on your destination, so you combine that and the higher frequencies of the BxM1 in the mornings and that's why the BxM1 is so highly used in the mornings.  If they could re-route the route just to avoid some of the traffic by Columbus Circle, I'm sure you would see more even ridership between the two routes because quite frankly at night when I'll come down to the city on the BxM2 and come back using it, those Riverdale buses can be packed.  Funny thing is many BxM1 riders will use the BxM2 to go back because of their location as it is more convenient than getting the BxM1 all the way on 3rd Avenue, plus it's faster, esp. if the BxM1 has to stop in Inwood.

What I would do personally (which must've been an old routing of the BxM2 since some B/Os still use it) is, re-route the BxM2 to Central Park West instead of having it take 81st over to Columbus. Have it run down Central Park West to 72nd and then take 72nd over and then take Columbus down from there, or if possible, have it make that stop one block over and continue down Central Park West to 64th and then over to Broadway to bypass all of that nonsense in between.  However, there are a decent amount of folks that use that 72nd and Columbus stop so they may not be too thrilled about having to walk that additional long block when the Northbound bus uses Amsterdam and 72nd for its stop.  

I'll copy/paste the ideas:

Bronx Bus Overhaul

Southwest Bronx

Bx6 and Bx13: interlined, both run under West Farms Depot

Combined Headways

Rush hrs: 3.5 mins (7 mins each)

Middays: 5 mins (10 mins each)

Evenings/Weekends: 6 mins (12 mins each)

Bx6: runs to Riverside Drive late nights to connect with http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png at 157th Street

Bx13: extended east to Hunts Point Market

runs via Tiffany St to replace Barretto Point Park Shuttle

Route: 161 St, Elton Av, 163 St, Hunts Point Av, Lafayette Av, Tiffany St, Viele Av, Food Center Drive

Bx15 & Bx55: interlined, both run under West Farms Depot

Combined Headways

Rush hrs: 4 mins (8 mins each)

Middays and Weekends (during the day): 5 mins (10 mins each)

Bx15: runs between Fordham Plaza and 138th St/3rd Av http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-6_svg.png station

5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

use local Bx55 other times

no longer runs on Willis Avenue

Bx55: runs between Gun Hill Rd http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-2_svg.png sta and 125th St/Lexington Av (4/5/6) sta

northbound via Madison Avenue Bridge

makes limited stops 5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

runs local other times

Bx55 limited stops

Gun Hill/White Plains

Gun Hill/Webster

204 St

Bedford Park Blvd

Fordham Plaza/3 Av

183 St

180 St

Tremont Av

Claremont Pkwy

168 St

163 St

157 St

149 St

138 St/Morris-Lincoln Avs

125 St/Lexington Av

Bx11: runs between West Farms Rd/Southern Blvd and River Park Towers

replaces Bx18 in Morris Heights, use Bx13/35 for Washington Heights

Route: 168th St, 167th St, Sedgwick Av, Tremont Av, McCracken Av, Harlem River Park Bridge, Undercliff Av

Bx18: eliminated, use Bx11 for Morris Heights

North Bronx

Bx19: truncated to Westchester Av/Southern Blvd

use Bx9 for north of Westchester Av

Bx9: runs between Hunts Point Av http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-6_svg.png sta and 225th St/Bway http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png sta

replaces Bx19 north of Westchester Av

Use extended M100 for Broadway

Bx20: interlined with Bx7, extended north to 263rd St/Riverdale Av

Bx22: new western terminus is 225th St/Bway http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png sta

use Bx28/30 for Goulden Av

Bx26: extended west to 262nd/Bway via Paul Av, Mosholu, Van Cort, Bway

allows faster connection between Riverdale and http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-4_svg.png train

Bx28 & Bx38: merged into one route (bx28)

runs between Earhart Lane and 225th St/Bway http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png sta via All sections

route: Mosholu Pkwy, Paul, Bedford Park, Goulden, Kingsbridge

use http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-4_svg.png http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-D_svg.png, Bx1/2, Bx16, Bx41/55 for Fordham

New Bx28 LTD runs rush hours only

Earhart Lane

Einstein Loop/Hutch Pkwy

Coop City Bl/Bartow Av

Bellamy Loop/Coop City Bl

Rombouts Av (serves Carver and Dreiser)

Donizetti Pl/Baychester Av (serves Truman HS)

Edson/Bartow Avs

Eastchester/Gun Hill Rds

Knapp St (http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-5_svg.png train station)

Boston Rd

Bronxwood Av

White Plains Rd

Webster Av

Montefiore Hospital/Bainbridge Av (e/b at 210 St, w/b at Gun Hill Rd)

206th St

West Mosholu Pkwy South/Paul Av

local to 225th/Bway

Bx30: runs from Earhart Lane to 231st/Bway

rerouted via 222nd St to fill crosstown gap and serve Edenwald Houses

use Bee-Lines for Boston Rd

route: Boston Rd, Grace Av, 229th St, Laconia Av, 222nd St, White Plains Rd, Gun Hill Rd, Bainbridge Av, Mosholu Pkwy, Sedgwick Av, Giles Pl, Heath av, Albany Crescent, Bailey Av, 231st St

Bx34: eliminated

use Bx10 for Woodlawn and Bx16 for Fordham

Bx10: new eastern terminus is 242nd/Katonah

Route changes east of Dickinson Av

route: Sedgwick, Mosholu, Paul, Bedford Park, Bainbridge, Jerome, 233, Katonah

Bx16: runs between Fordham Center and Ropes/Hollers Avs

via 233 St

use Bx23 for Nereid/Baychester

Bx23: runs between Pelham Bay Park and 233rd/Webster

via Sections 3-4-5

Route: Bronx Blvd, Nereid, Mundy, Pitman, Baychester, Boston, Conner, Co-op City Blvd, Asch, Bartow, Hutchinson, Hunter, Earhart, Erskine, bruckner

Q50: new northern terminus is Dyre Av http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-5_svg.png station

runs local in The Bronx, serves Sec 1-2-4-5

Route: Bruckner, Erskine, Bx30 route to Boston Rd, then Dyre Av

Southeast Bronx

Bx5: truncated to Brush/Schley Avs

use Q50 for Bruckner Blvd

Bx24: rerouted via Waters Pl to serve Bronx Psychiatric and Hutch Metro Ctr

Route: Westchester, Waters, Bronx Psy Loop, Waters, Hutch Metro Loop, Waters, Eastchester, Williamsbridge, Tremont, Lane Av

Bx31: extended to Castle Hill/Zerega Avs to serve Unionport

Route: Lane Av, Commerce, Zerega

Bx27: eliminated

use Bx36 for Rosedale av and new Bx37 for 174th St, and bx4/4a for Westchester

Bx36: new eastern terminus is Clason’s Point

use Bx37 for 174th St

Route: 180th St, Rosedale/Taylor avs, 174th St, Rosedale, Randall, Soundview

Restructured Bx36 LTD service

(Bx36 Locals run between Cross Bronx/Univ Av and Clason’s Point)

local between Washington Heights and Tremont/Univ Avs

Tremont/University

Jerome Av

Grand Concourse (west side)

Grand Concourse (East side)

Tremont/Webster

180th St

3rd Av/180th St

Crotona Av

Southern Blvd

Boston Rd

Morris Park Av (180th St (2/5) station)

174th/Rosedale

Westchester

Story

Rosedale/Randall

local to Clason’s Point

Bx37: runs between Fordham plaza and Castle Hill/Zerega Avs

Route: 3rd Av, 184th St, Arthur Av, 182nd St, Boston Rd, Hoe/Vyse Avs, 174th St, Cross Bronx Exp, White Plains, Lacombe, Castle Hill

Interborough Routes

M100: extended to 262nd/Bway to replace Bx9 on Broadway

Bx9/M100

People riding on the Bx9 from west farms would get annoyed having to transfer at 225 from the Bx9 to M100. It's just a waste of a transfer. Although sending the M100 to 238 wouldn't be bad, although I would like for the route to go like below

M100:

Crosses bridge

Right on 225

Left on Bailey

Stops @ 229, Albany Cres, 233 left on Bailey last stop 238 Bway. Or something that runs on Bailey to reduce congestion on the Bx9 on Bway or restore old Bx24 service but I'm not sure the exact route of which streets it exactly drove through

I'll copy/paste the ideas:

Bronx Bus Overhaul

Southwest Bronx

Bx6 and Bx13: interlined, both run under West Farms Depot

Combined Headways

Rush hrs: 3.5 mins (7 mins each)

Middays: 5 mins (10 mins each)

Evenings/Weekends: 6 mins (12 mins each)

Bx6: runs to Riverside Drive late nights to connect with http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png at 157th Street

Bx13: extended east to Hunts Point Market

runs via Tiffany St to replace Barretto Point Park Shuttle

Route: 161 St, Elton Av, 163 St, Hunts Point Av, Lafayette Av, Tiffany St, Viele Av, Food Center Drive

Bx15 & Bx55: interlined, both run under West Farms Depot

Combined Headways

Rush hrs: 4 mins (8 mins each)

Middays and Weekends (during the day): 5 mins (10 mins each)

Bx15: runs between Fordham Plaza and 138th St/3rd Av http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-6_svg.png station

5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

use local Bx55 other times

no longer runs on Willis Avenue

Bx55: runs between Gun Hill Rd http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-2_svg.png sta and 125th St/Lexington Av (4/5/6) sta

northbound via Madison Avenue Bridge

makes limited stops 5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

runs local other times

Bx55 limited stops

Gun Hill/White Plains

Gun Hill/Webster

204 St

Bedford Park Blvd

Fordham Plaza/3 Av

183 St

180 St

Tremont Av

Claremont Pkwy

168 St

163 St

157 St

149 St

138 St/Morris-Lincoln Avs

125 St/Lexington Av

Bx11: runs between West Farms Rd/Southern Blvd and River Park Towers

replaces Bx18 in Morris Heights, use Bx13/35 for Washington Heights

Route: 168th St, 167th St, Sedgwick Av, Tremont Av, McCracken Av, Harlem River Park Bridge, Undercliff Av

Bx18: eliminated, use Bx11 for Morris Heights

North Bronx

Bx19: truncated to Westchester Av/Southern Blvd

use Bx9 for north of Westchester Av

Bx9: runs between Hunts Point Av http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-6_svg.png sta and 225th St/Bway http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png sta

replaces Bx19 north of Westchester Av

Use extended M100 for Broadway

Bx20: interlined with Bx7, extended north to 263rd St/Riverdale Av

Bx22: new western terminus is 225th St/Bway http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png sta

use Bx28/30 for Goulden Av

Bx26: extended west to 262nd/Bway via Paul Av, Mosholu, Van Cort, Bway

allows faster connection between Riverdale and http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-4_svg.png train

Bx28 & Bx38: merged into one route (bx28)

runs between Earhart Lane and 225th St/Bway http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png sta via All sections

route: Mosholu Pkwy, Paul, Bedford Park, Goulden, Kingsbridge

use http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-4_svg.png http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-D_svg.png, Bx1/2, Bx16, Bx41/55 for Fordham

New Bx28 LTD runs rush hours only

Earhart Lane

Einstein Loop/Hutch Pkwy

Coop City Bl/Bartow Av

Bellamy Loop/Coop City Bl

Rombouts Av (serves Carver and Dreiser)

Donizetti Pl/Baychester Av (serves Truman HS)

Edson/Bartow Avs

Eastchester/Gun Hill Rds

Knapp St (http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-5_svg.png train station)

Boston Rd

Bronxwood Av

White Plains Rd

Webster Av

Montefiore Hospital/Bainbridge Av (e/b at 210 St, w/b at Gun Hill Rd)

206th St

West Mosholu Pkwy South/Paul Av

local to 225th/Bway

Bx30: runs from Earhart Lane to 231st/Bway

rerouted via 222nd St to fill crosstown gap and serve Edenwald Houses

use Bee-Lines for Boston Rd

route: Boston Rd, Grace Av, 229th St, Laconia Av, 222nd St, White Plains Rd, Gun Hill Rd, Bainbridge Av, Mosholu Pkwy, Sedgwick Av, Giles Pl, Heath av, Albany Crescent, Bailey Av, 231st St

Bx34: eliminated

use Bx10 for Woodlawn and Bx16 for Fordham

Bx10: new eastern terminus is 242nd/Katonah

Route changes east of Dickinson Av

route: Sedgwick, Mosholu, Paul, Bedford Park, Bainbridge, Jerome, 233, Katonah

Bx16: runs between Fordham Center and Ropes/Hollers Avs

via 233 St

use Bx23 for Nereid/Baychester

Bx23: runs between Pelham Bay Park and 233rd/Webster

via Sections 3-4-5

Route: Bronx Blvd, Nereid, Mundy, Pitman, Baychester, Boston, Conner, Co-op City Blvd, Asch, Bartow, Hutchinson, Hunter, Earhart, Erskine, bruckner

Q50: new northern terminus is Dyre Av http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/75px-NYCS-bull-trans-5_svg.png station

runs local in The Bronx, serves Sec 1-2-4-5

Route: Bruckner, Erskine, Bx30 route to Boston Rd, then Dyre Av

Southeast Bronx

Bx5: truncated to Brush/Schley Avs

use Q50 for Bruckner Blvd

Bx24: rerouted via Waters Pl to serve Bronx Psychiatric and Hutch Metro Ctr

Route: Westchester, Waters, Bronx Psy Loop, Waters, Hutch Metro Loop, Waters, Eastchester, Williamsbridge, Tremont, Lane Av

Bx31: extended to Castle Hill/Zerega Avs to serve Unionport

Route: Lane Av, Commerce, Zerega

Bx27: eliminated

use Bx36 for Rosedale av and new Bx37 for 174th St, and bx4/4a for Westchester

Bx36: new eastern terminus is Clason’s Point

use Bx37 for 174th St

Route: 180th St, Rosedale/Taylor avs, 174th St, Rosedale, Randall, Soundview

Restructured Bx36 LTD service

(Bx36 Locals run between Cross Bronx/Univ Av and Clason’s Point)

local between Washington Heights and Tremont/Univ Avs

Tremont/University

Jerome Av

Grand Concourse (west side)

Grand Concourse (East side)

Tremont/Webster

180th St

3rd Av/180th St

Crotona Av

Southern Blvd

Boston Rd

Morris Park Av (180th St (2/5) station)

174th/Rosedale

Westchester

Story

Rosedale/Randall

local to Clason’s Point

Bx37: runs between Fordham plaza and Castle Hill/Zerega Avs

Route: 3rd Av, 184th St, Arthur Av, 182nd St, Boston Rd, Hoe/Vyse Avs, 174th St, Cross Bronx Exp, White Plains, Lacombe, Castle Hill

Interborough Routes

M100: extended to 262nd/Bway to replace Bx9 on Broadway

Bx9/M100

People riding on the Bx9 from west farms would get annoyed having to transfer at 225 from the Bx9 to M100. It's just a waste of a transfer. Although sending the M100 to 238 wouldn't be bad, although I would like for the route to go like below

M100:

Crosses bridge

Right on 225

Left on Bailey

Stops @ 229, Albany Cres, 233 left on 238 last stop 238 Bway w Bx3. Or something that runs on Bailey to reduce congestion on the Bx9 on Bway or restore old Bx24 service but I'm not sure the exact route of which streets it exactly drove through