R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it still there ? I went by kawasakis plant while on my way to school and i saw an R188 outside but couldn't see the car number.

7873 & 7874 are currently under there. Fifteen minutes ago another one was being trucked away. I was too far to get a video or clear photo with my phone :(

7873 & 7874 are currently under there. Fifteen minutes ago another one was being trucked away. I was too far to get a video or clear photo with my phone :(

Hey you know what that means though 7869 probably got trucked to Corona Yard we have about 2 months before the first R188s go in revenue on the (7),

• 2 weeks later...

this was on my mind for a while, does anyone thinks that the test track at Broad channel contains the CBTC equipment for the R188 testing making the process more faster and already on the 7 train, because the Dyre Ave Line test track is having CBTC equipment being install few weeks ago and we all know what Sandy did to the Broad Channel tracks. give me your opinions,

this was on my mind for a while, does anyone thinks that the test track at Broad channel contains the CBTC equipment for the R188 testing making the process more faster and already on the 7 train, because the Dyre Ave Line test track is having CBTC equipment being install few weeks ago and we all know what Sandy did to the Broad Channel tracks. give me your opinions,

off topic.. No... Because all I.R.T cars including new cars R142A/ so called R188 must be tested on I.R.T main divison where they get delivered on main i.r.t ( interborough rapid transit )that delivering to Unionport Yard. divison. Not BMT/IND divison tested their by mistake.. Where they should been tested in Dyre Avenue Branch where there been first tested. They were first called R142A.. Not R160 tested in Broad Cahnnel. 

Good point off topic.. You may not know.when R179 delivered . R179 is a BMT / IND new cars. Not I.R.T cars.. R179 maybe tested Broad Channel track .guess.

A Little more than a month from now we should start to see these in service. May was the planned month for when the R188's start service on the (7) , am I correct?

off topic... Something telling me there might be delay-ment R188 may not run on the (7)  on next month..... .. First R188 #7211 - #7220 not been tested running on the  (7) .. If R188 #7211 - #7220 passes to run on the  (7) .. Then R188 #7211 - #7220 will be first set to run on  (7) .

off topic.. No... Because all I.R.T cars including new cars R142A/ so called R188 must be tested on I.R.T main divison where they get delivered on main i.r.t ( interborough rapid transit )that delivering to Unionport Yard. divison. Not BMT/IND divison tested their by mistake.. Where they should been tested in Dyre Avenue Branch where there been first tested. They were first called R142A.. Not R160 tested in Broad Cahnnel. 

the MTA sent the the cars 7211-7215 to the Pitkin Yard for testing on the Broad Channel track after the conversion, there is pictures revealing the location

The base order didn't even start revenue yet. Wow.

Good joke off topic... Where is R142A #7210... R142A #7209 have been renumbered to #7899... So it true lil silly.. R142A #7210 have been renumbered to R142A will be mostly guess. R188 #7811.. guess 2 set were left R142A at Yonkers plant lol.