R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree 6 line should get remaining 20 R62A for what reason? Anyone forgot. Times Square / Grand Central Shuttle R62A singles based out of Westchester Yard at least seeing R62A singles.

The shuttle is based out of Livonia with its own dedicated fleet of 20 or so cars...

Any rumors news R62A #1651 - #1660 left Corona Yard. Next set of R142A to go is #7221 - #7230  heading to Corona Yard guess..  ;) . R142A start to leave on the 6 line. 440 R142A remaining on 6 line service.

Westchester will Not be able to use the next R62As returning 1651-1660 until R188s 7211-7220 go into service on the (7). Yes those R62As are on their way back to westchester but they wont be aloud to touch it and run on the (6) until the first set of R188s start running in may

That does not answer my question.

Your original post implied that 1651-1660 have already been moved to Westchester, but cannot be used until May. That makes no sense at all.

Yea I know please disregard that but if anything lets just be on the look out for them on the (6) and if anyone gets a pic or something then to feel free to post it.

Edited by R62AR33

And by heard, is this person working at Westchester yard? Either way, I have my doubts on your source about that reasoning.

No they don't I was just hearing it from somewhere and it seemed reliable but like I said just disregard that,If anyone catches R62A 1651-1660 running take a pic or something and feel free to post it.

Edited by R62AR33

I agree 6 line should get remaining 20 R62A for what reason? Anyone forgot. Times Square / Grand Central Shuttle R62A singles based out of Westchester Yard at least seeing R62A singles. 

Umm ur kinda wrong there buddy. Times sq shuttles R62As are not based out of westchester yard. They are based out of llivonia Yard.

i just taken car#1654 which means 1651-1655 is still assign to the Corona Yard, I don't know about 1656-1660 whereabouts.

Our best bet if u rode 1651-1655 is to wait until the next set of R62As gets to westchester yard before talking about car numbers.

Edited by R62AR33

How do they send the R188 that are testing at Gun Hill Rd to Corona Yard

other than taking the train via Lexington Ave to Linden Yard withe a diesel locomotive onto the (L) line until the switch onto the (J)(Z) then go onto the conectune to the Mountauge Tunnel back up switch onto express track switch of before 49 st switch onto q-bound track got to switch onto (7) line to yard

isn't it really complicated?

Maybe they take the trains through 207th St yard (from the IRT (1) to the IND (A) then loop to the Queensboro Plaza (N) via Coney Island station and then to the (7). Plus, those R188s wouldn't be delivered through freight tracks.

Umm ur kinda wrong there buddy. Times sq shuttles R62As are not based out of westchester yard. They are based out of llivonia

We established that already...

The shuttle is based out of Livonia with its own dedicated fleet of 20 or so cars...

If anyone's interested, There's a 6 car R188 Consist running up and down the (2) line on the express track. There's also the remainder 5 cars at E180 yard and a 11 car train at Unionport yard sitting next to the R28-R36 work train. Would be a nice video if someone caught it running down the express track on the (2)

If anyone's interested, There's a 6 car R188 Consist running up and down the (2) line on the express track. There's also the remainder 5 cars at E180 yard and a 11 car train at Unionport yard sitting next to the R28-R36 work train. Would be a nice video if someone caught it running down the express track on the (2)

when is this happening so I could cancel my travel plan and record this with some shots

Saw another set of R62as on the 6 today.  At 5:29 this evening I was on a uptown (6) at 14th Union Sq (something was happening on the  (4) and (5) track).  As my train was pulling out of the station, the 2145 (being the head car) and 2144 R62a were pulling into the 14th St Union Sq station on the downtown track.  I only got a glimbse of the first two train car numbers.  Sadly, I was unable to yet again, catch a picture.

Saw another set of R62as on the 6 today.  At 5:29 this evening I was on a uptown (6) at 14th Union Sq (something was happening on the  (4) and (5) track).  As my train was pulling out of the station, the 2145 (being the head car) and 2144 R62a were pulling into the 14th St Union Sq station on the downtown track.  I only got a glimbse of the first two train car numbers.  Sadly, I was unable to yet again, catch a picture.

The first set was 1741-1745 & 2141-2145, and is the only R62A set for now as I believe.

That set R62A 1741-1746 and 2141-2145 has been on the (6) since january.