Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

I think that the best R32s should be saved after the R179s start coming in. They can go to the Rockaway Park Shuttle, and the G train. The R46s and R68/As could go to other lines. Also this could mean the expansion of G service to 6 cars. These R32s can last for a few more years before the R211s come, with a possible extra option to replace these R32s.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the best R32s should be saved after the R179s start coming in. They can go to the Rockaway Park Shuttle, and the G train. The R46s and R68/As could go to other lines. Also this could mean the expansion of G service to 6 cars. These R32s can last for a few more years before the R211s come, with a possible extra option to replace these R32s.

Someone just said they're banned from the (G)

I saw it at Euclid ave being transferred on the express track the sign said (J) it was going into Pitkin yard to run on the (C) during morning rush

I see.

However, the (C) does not run out of Pitkin, so if it was going back to the (C) it was going to 207th Street. Also, the R32s are not restricted to morning rush.

I see.

However, the (C) does not run out of Pitkin, so if it was going back to the (C) it was going to 207th Street. Also, the R32s are not restricted to morning rush.

Well it was probably just there picking up more trains since ENY is doing maintenance

They'll most likely keep the (C) half R32s and half R160s for the rest of the summer or year round. It has 18 trainsets for service and about 6 or 8 trainsets as spares. The (J) only has 7-8 sets of R160s left in its fleet, with the rest being those 14-15 sets of R32s and 6 sets of R42s. It has 20 trainsets for service during rush hours, 14 trainsets during middays, evenings and weekends, and 8 trainsets at night. The SMEEs on the (J) nowdays run at any given time.

They'll most likely keep the (C) half R32s and half R160s for the rest of the summer or year round. It has 18 trainsets for service and about 6 or 8 trainsets as spares. The (J) only has 7-8 sets of R160s left in its fleet, with the rest being those 14-15 sets of R32s and 6 sets of R42s. It has 20 trainsets for service during rush hours, 14 trainsets during middays, evenings and weekends, and 8 trainsets at night. The SMEEs on the (J) nowdays run at any given time.

That may not happen this summer, these people keep on bicthing and moaning and it sadly seems the ta is giving in, the (C) is supposed to have a total of 11 trainsets of R160's with 4 car spares

The bulletin is out. R32's on the (J) are here to stay until FURTHER NOTICE.

They will retire on the (J) and that's awsome because I live on the (J) and (Z) it will be nice enjoy the R42s and R32s before they are dumped into the Atlantic Ocean Edited by R3216068E

Good thing 207th Street Shop are finally able to maintain the NTTs, so the (C) can stay half SMEEs and half NTTs without any problems. In the meantime, the (J) can stay 85% SMEEs.

Of course, the swaps can increase further or just stay the way it is now though.

Edited by RollOver

Putting the remnants on the (B) would be nice.

It's a moot point since the ONLY place we'll ever see the R32's run from this point forward are the (A)  (C) and (J) , but the 32's and 42's are banned from running on the following lines:

(B)(D)(N)(Q)(R)

Try to figure out something that these lines have in common for your answer why.

Edited by Snowblock

Montague tunnel clearance issues following the renovations. I first saw this mentioned by SubChat poster Stef a long time ago..this matters for the (B)(D)(Q) in situations in which any of those three lines need to be sent that way due to service diversions.

It obviously matters for the (N)(R) since they go through there regularly. (N) overnight / (R) all other times.

Edited by BrooklynIRT

Montague tunnel clearance issues following the renovations. I first saw this mentioned by SubChat poster Stef a long time ago..this matters for the (B)(D)(Q) in situations in which any of those three lines need to be sent that way due to service diversions.

It obviously matters for the (N)(R) since they go through there regularly. (N) overnight / (R) all other times.

what did they do?

They did something wrong, but ENY sent a mix train of R32/42's down there to see if they fixed the issue, they have to fix it soon because the garbage trains that they use down there are R32's, if anything happens on the bridge happens at night the garbage train is screwed