(7) train GO on weekend of 9/20-22. LIRR cross honoring question

alekr

I noticed that for the weekend of Sept 20th-22nd the (7) is not running from 74th street to Times Square. I noticed that under alternative travel note it states:

"LIRR will honor MetroCard for service between Woodside (61 St) and Penn Station."

Does that mean the cross-honoring on the LIRR only for the direction toward Penn Station from Woodside. Or can be used in both directions from Penn Station to Woodside only?

They should start the cross honoring at main st like before, 61st woodside is the wrong place for that

There is (7) service running and it is not a ideal place to cross honor. If the (7) stop running COMPLETELY then they will do that.

Plus the LIRR frequency on the Port Washington Branch is not that great 30 minutes headways on weekend. While Woodside has multiple trains stopping there so it quicker to pick up passengers. 3-5 minutes between headways at Woodside.

So if a usual 7 train rider takes a train from Penn station to woodside without a ticket how does that work what do u say to ticket collector or conducters

They will check on you if the (7) is running normally. The MTA might had informed the LIRR conductors. The last time when the 7 train shutdown I showed them my phone with the MTA site showing the LIRR cross honoring and they accepted it.

Archived