LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if that was the case as I've seen people throughout the current process wearing glasses. If that eliminated you wouldn't they bring that up and flag people in the beginning so they didn't waste their time?

True. Probably not a problem.

Glad to hear it. I applied again for position through the latest post that closed yesterday. We'll see.

Good luck. Keep trying.

I'd be surprised if that was the case as I've seen people throughout the current process wearing glasses. If that eliminated you wouldn't they bring that up and flag people in the beginning so they didn't waste their time?

Your talking about the RR here. They are known for wasting peoples time and screwing people. Example A right here and I know a good amount more.

Your talking about the RR here. They are known for wasting peoples time and screwing people. Example A right here and I know a good amount more.

Did they tell you why you haven't proceeded further in the process? Or they rather hire from the outside then promote from within?

Did they tell you why you haven't proceeded further in the process? Or they rather hire from the outside then promote from within?

HR tells you nothing. I have a clean attendance and never been written up for nothing . So I'm just left waiting and my classmates are confused also.

Correct, 5 years till top pay.

No, it's top pay starting in the 4th year.

New Wage Progression for Employees Hired After February 25, 2015:

(Rates as of February 25, 2015)

1st 365 days 60% $24.987

2nd 365 days 80% $33.317

3rd 365 days 90% $37.481

After 1,095 days 100% $41.646

1st 365 days 60% $24.987

2nd 365 days 80% $33.317

3rd 365 days 90% $37.481

that sucks. i feel that when i qualify and get that green card i should be getting top pay but that's just me ;-)

1st 365 days 60% $24.987

2nd 365 days 80% $33.317

3rd 365 days 90% $37.481

Either way it sucks. Thats a lot of work both studying and working . Once your qualified you should be awarded top pay.

That's fine. I'll be breaking even for the first 2 years.

Believe me you say that now, but if you make it to the beginning lets say of phase two and your working crazy schedules with a qualified Engineer at the same time your brain is splitting from drawing PC's 10-20 times a day of the RR and with the book of rules by verbatim you will be thinking a different tune. Thats union 101 , never sell out the unborn it causes division. Thats whats going on in the carmen union right now. Edited by LIRR 154

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know for myself I can handle the training and the material that will be thrown at me. I work crazy hours now. I'm pretty sure everyone that's made it to engineer probably had a few meltdowns studying the information. why is there turmoil in the union?

drenyce311 and all,

I will be taking the initial test this Wednesday.  I realize that this is a test that one can't prepare for, but there is a math portion that was mentioned a few post ago that concerns me.  Can you confirm this portion is on the test, and can you discuss any details about it?  

I would like to prepare for this test as best as I can.  I trained as a conductor for a Class 1 freight line, and I know that if I can get past the initial test and be invited for the orientation, I'll be in good shape from that point on.

I used to live on New Haven Blvd in Far Rockaway, btw.  I miss living near the beach.

Thanks.

Thanks, drenyce.

I mentioned the Far Rockaway because I saw it as your location.

It is for the Locomotive Engineer position.  I really want to make it past that test.  Relieved there is no math.  Not so relieved that I don't know how else to prepare for the test.

We'll see how it goes.

I appreciate the fact you posted your experience on this forum.  I learned from them, and found inspiration in them.  The responses were just as informative.

Thanks, drenyce.

I mentioned the Far Rockaway because I saw it as your location.

It is for the Locomotive Engineer position. I really want to make it past that test. Relieved there is no math. Not so relieved that I don't know how else to prepare for the test.

We'll see how it goes.

I appreciate the fact you posted your experience on this forum. I learned from them, and found inspiration in them. The responses were just as informative.[/quote

If you're relieved that there is no math portion of the test, it would leave me to believe that the engineer program is not for you. I don't know anything about you, but if you were worried about a little math on that test you're most likely going to be overwhelmed if you make it to phase 1.