LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, misslo said:

Ill pass on this then. Thats wasting people's time, energy and money.

I tell you what. Try to score as high as possible so you can get called for next steps. I was shocked to find out I didn’t make it to Signals and Definitions overview only because I didn’t score high enough on those tests. Life’s a box of chocolates sometimes, you don’t know what you’re going to get. The less dark it is, the better when it comes to jobs. I have an interview next week for a cleaner’s position with Metro North since I already passed that exam too. Although I have a feeling that I may get disappointed on that also, I’d rather die trying, trying to get the job than to put no effort at all. I really want to become a conductor or engineer one day with either LIRR or MNRR, that’s how I see it.

Edited by 2ride

So, I have the overview on Wednesday, and from what I can tell its 3 tests and an interview if it goes smoothly? With the S&D stuff being sent out a week or so after, with that exam around 5 weeks later? Assuming I make it through and pass all interviews and testing, when could a class be assumed to start? February or so?

23 minutes ago, Killjoy27 said:

So, I have the overview on Wednesday, and from what I can tell its 3 tests and an interview if it goes smoothly? With the S&D stuff being sent out a week or so after, with that exam around 5 weeks later? Assuming I make it through and pass all interviews and testing, when could a class be assumed to start? February or so?

The wait can be longer than a week for the S&D invitation. 

2 hours ago, drenyce311 said:

The wait can be longer than a week for the S&D invitation. 

Yeah that’s what I thought too when I was there they said they were looking to put a class together sometime early next year so realistically the s&d invitation could come in December or January 

17 minutes ago, Djf22 said:

Yeah that’s what I thought too when I was there they said they were looking to put a class together sometime early next year so realistically the s&d invitation could come in December or January 

They’re having a hard time getting guys to pass. Usually they try to get a class together from different overviews who passed. I don’t think it’s training department. It’s probably people who see all this information and get overwhelmed. 

24 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

They’re having a hard time getting guys to pass. Usually they try to get a class together from different overviews who passed. I don’t think it’s training department. It’s probably people who see all this information and get overwhelmed. 

Ugh that fires me up more to do really well this upcoming Wednesday. I’m an internal candidate and I always tell friends and family to apply to this position when I see the posting up. They’ve never gone through with but becomes it seems overwhelming to them. But finally it’s my turn and I’m so ready!

8 minutes ago, mnoer48 said:

Hello everyone. I'm headed to recruiting open house in Babylon on Wednesday. What exactly will be going on at open house. The email says it will be around 4-5 hours. Thanks.

Read through this forum! Tons of information from people who've attended these past couple of months.

I've been following this forum for 4 months now I've read every single page, multiple times. Dre your journey through the LIRR's been dope man just you documenting this process has helped me so much. It definitely eases some of the anxiousness. Thank you! 

A couple of my friends attended the open house today 11/9 in Babylon. Pretty much the same thing I went through, I went to the open house on 10/25, passed the cognitive, it was relatively easy besides the back and forth with the flow charts at the end. Nevertheless I passed and did interview. It's only been 2 weeks but I can't help but feel weird and somewhat disappointed, my boy I took the cognitive with he's already been called for the SnD overview this weekend 11/12. Idk how they go about moving forward or even deciding the classes but am I just out of consideration ? Will I at least get a email or a call I'll even take a text message just so I don't have to keep wondering and holding on. Lmao Reading this over I sound wild. I know someone that's been waiting since September as well 

On 10/19/2022 at 8:28 PM, Def said:

The open house  (9/28 Babylon) I went to and I’m sure Trains247 went to was after that S&D test occurred. So we’re presumably waiting for the next round of S&D

Hey how are you? Wanted to know if you heard anything back regarding the s&d overview ?

24 minutes ago, LinkyOG said:

I've been following this forum for 4 months now I've read every single page, multiple times. Dre your journey through the LIRR's been dope man just you documenting this process has helped me so much. It definitely eases some of the anxiousness. Thank you! 

A couple of my friends attended the open house today 11/9 in Babylon. Pretty much the same thing I went through, I went to the open house on 10/25, passed the cognitive, it was relatively easy besides the back and forth with the flow charts at the end. Nevertheless I passed and did interview. It's only been 2 weeks but I can't help but feel weird and somewhat disappointed, my boy I took the cognitive with he's already been called for the SnD overview this weekend 11/12. Idk how they go about moving forward or even deciding the classes but am I just out of consideration ? Will I at least get a email or a call I'll even take a text message just so I don't have to keep wondering and holding on. Lmao Reading this over I sound wild. I know someone that's been waiting since September as well 

HR in LIRR isn’t really the easiest department to deal with. They’re a pain in the ass sometimes.

Edited by 2ride

On 10/20/2022 at 6:18 PM, J3737 said:

I was there too. I passed everything at the open house but still waiting. Same as the others, I’ll post it here if I’m the first to hear anything. I think I can speak for everyone here in the MTA already that everything takes a loooong time. But good luck to everyone!

What’s up, wanted to know if you heard. anything back as well about the S&D overview

2 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

When did they call him for the s&d overview 

1 hour ago, LinkyOG said:

The called my boy for the SnD overview on 11/4 legit less than 10 days after taking the cognitive 

Not sure what their criteria is for calling for the s&d. I’m still gonna be positive they did say they were looking to put a class together sometime early next year. So we could still hear from them before then hang in there and I’ll let you know if I hear anything. 

34 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

Got my S&D class on Saturday. Kinda nervous what to expect. Also, can I get off at Hillside-Employees Only stop and walk over or do I have to go in through the side of the building?

If the S&D is in hillside then yes. Just show the security desk your invite to S&D.

11 hours ago, Djf22 said:

Not sure what their criteria is for calling for the s&d. I’m still gonna be positive they did say they were looking to put a class together sometime early next year. So we could still hear from them before then hang in there and I’ll let you know if I hear anything. 

I met all of the qualifications and they still denied me.