Which is the Best Express?

ConcourseExp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's getting annoying seeing different threads for the express lines. So lets move them right here and compare the express lines in this thread. I'll start.

Which would be better to use: the 8th Avenue express because it has the feeling of an express or the 7th Avenue express because the express stops are spread out in a decent matter?

The (2) is just another substitute for the (5) (5x) because want to get to the Bronx quickly than to wait at each stop along the way to Wakefield, so the (5) Trains win this round.

Its actually because of service demand. In the Bronx passengers along Southern Bvld and the WPR prefer the 2 for service into Manhattan. In Brooklyn many people prefer not to make an unnecessary transfer at Franklin Avenue to get to Flatbush Avenue or Utica and New Lots Avenues. Thats why the 7th Avenue and Lexington Avenue trains both share terminals in Brooklyn and why we have only local service to Wakefield in the Bronx.

Its actually because of service demand. In the Bronx passengers along Southern Bvld and the WPR prefer the 2 for service into Manhattan. In Brooklyn many people prefer not to make an unnecessary transfer at Franklin Avenue to get to Flatbush Avenue or Utica and New Lots Avenues. Thats why the 7th Avenue and Lexington Avenue trains both share terminals in Brooklyn and why we have only local service to Wakefield in the Bronx.

People could just take the (5) to East 180 Street or 3 Ave-149 Street for local service either way because everyone in the forums should agree that (2) service during rush hours is horrible.

People could just take the (5) to East 180 Street or 3 Ave-149 Street for local service either way because everyone in the forums should agree that (2) service during rush hours is horrible.

No what I meant is that most riders along Southern Bvld need the 2 not the 5 to get into Manhattan. Thats why the 5 features an express rather than a local rush hour service pattern and not the reverse with the 2. In Brooklyn, the 2 and 5 trains must share terminals at Flatbush to avoid a congested station condition at Franklin Avenue as passengers from Flatbush Avenue now have to get off to continue their trip into Bowling Green, Fulton Street or City Hall and vice versa.

The (Z) is the best express line, I am not a hypocrite, because it helps out the (J) and (M) lines, even though it is not always running it is a vintage line that runs in both skip-stop and express.

^^^^^ What he said. The B definitely flies down the Brighton line

The (B) doesn't always run express.in Brooklyn because there might be some construction on the express tracks and it might run local with the (Q).

The (Z) is the best express line, I am not a hypocrite, because it helps out the (J) and (M) lines, even though it is not always running it is a vintage line that runs in both skip-stop and express.

The (Z) is not an express really. It only bypasses a few stops then goes skip-stop. A real express would run express for much longer.

A train has a nice long Express run Manhattan and Brooklyn.

I like the B Brighton Express even though 160 on Q is faster than 68 on B.

2/3 exp in Manhattan has excellent speed run they be flying down those tracks.

4/5 Exp Manhattan and Brooklyn outside of rush hours is also pretty fast.

E/F Exp Queens Blvd Line in good for speed.

I also like the D train.

N exp in Brooklyn.

7 exp in Queens.

Q exp Manhattan.

Best exp is either A/2&3/4&5/E&F/B/D.

Some of my favorites are

(2)(3) Express.

(4)(5) Lexington Express (not during rush hours) 125th to 42nd is the best.

<6> Towards Pelham Bay. The Manhattan bound <6> seems slow sometimes.

(A)(D) from 125th to 59th. (Especially uptown).

(B) The Brighton Express

(E)(F) Roosevelt to Forest Hills is the best.

I rest my case on the (Z) train to be the best express/skip-stop line.

Some of my favorites are

(2)(3) Express.

(4)(5) Lexington Express (not during rush hours) 125th to 42nd is the best.

<6> Towards Pelham Bay. The Manhattan bound <6> seems slow sometimes.

(A)(D) from 125th to 59th. (Especially uptown).

(B) The Brighton Express

(E)(F) Roosevelt to Forest Hills is the best.

The (E)(F) is better from Queens Plaza to Kew Gardens because I like to have a race with the (M)(R) at Queens Plaza to 65 Street.

The (Z) is not an express really. It only bypasses a few stops then goes skip-stop. A real express would run express for much longer.

If that's the case, then the (J) isn't an express going by your logic. And neither is the (Q) since it skips one extra stop compared to the (J).

Archived