Cold Weather Plan

azspeedbullet

I never said the railroads (MNRR,LIRR) had cold weather plans. I said the railroads across the US didn't have covered railyards in the past and the mass transit systems followed that practice. I  also pointed out that the subway cold weather plans used today were variants of the plans the IRT and BRT/BMT used in the past. I speculated on how those plans came about. Is that clear enough for you? Thank you Lance. I see that you and a few others understood what I was saying.

Sigh that guy should stick to buses and leave the railroad business to,those who know ...It's obvious he don't know or can't comprehend...

I never said the railroads (MNRR,LIRR) had cold weather plans. I said the railroads across the US didn't have covered railyards in the past and the mass transit systems followed that practice. I  also pointed out that the subway cold weather plans used today were variants of the plans the IRT and BRT/BMT used in the past. I speculated on how those plans came about. Is that clear enough for you? Thank you Lance. I see that you and a few others understood what I was saying.

Actually I never said you did.  I'm trying to understand whether or not there are no cold weather plans for the MNRR and LIRR and why they can store their trains outdoors buy NYCT can't?  What exactly is the difference as to why MNRR and the LIRR can run their trains in cold weather and NYCT can't?  That's what I want clarification on.  I've gone out in ice storms here in Riverdale and MNRR was running from Riverdale and my train came right on time.  In other words the subways seem rather delicate in comparison to the commuter rails.

Sigh that guy should stick to buses and leave the railroad business to,those who know ...It's obvious he don't know or can't comprehend...

The last thing I want to associated with is some deranged bus or railfan.  I'm an express bus and Metro-North commuter. Nothing more, nothing less.

Actually it is necessary. I'm still of the belief that the (B) should run on weekends too, and many at a town hall meeting I went to in Sheepshead Bay a few years ago said the same thing. I can attest to VERY long waits along 6th Avenue on weekends for the (D) and with other lines that the (B) helps out on, hence why I avoid the 6th Avenue line as much as possible on weekends. I have also heard from people in the Bronx that they would like express service on weekends on the (D) as it CRAWLS to Manhattan. It is certainly something that should be looked at. The (MTA) did expand the (B) to run later during the week, which was long overdue.

That's not the point. The (C) runs like crap along Central Park West, hence why the (B) shouldn't be ended early. They don't beef up the (C) when they stop running the (B) early.

You do realize they end up running the (A) local at the same time they cut the (B) early.

The last thing I want to associated with is some deranged bus or railfan.  I'm an express bus and Metro-North commuter. Nothing more, nothing less.

You don't even have to convince us that.

As for your first point, I'm convinced that everyone who said something before is not a deranged fan, and actually know what they're saying.

Running the (A) local

Along CPW. Where else does the (A) and (B) run together.

You don't even have to convince us that.

As for your first point, I'm convinced that everyone who said something before is not a deranged fan, and actually know what they're saying.

What???? You mean not everyone in this hobby is batshit insane? That's crazy talk.

Last thing I would want to be is associated with some know it all commuter ,who gets condescending when he's constantly called out on nonsense as well..

Got better things to entertain myself with....

Actually it is necessary.  I'm still of the belief that the (B) should run on weekends too, and many at a town hall meeting I went to in Sheepshead Bay a few years ago said the same thing.  I can attest to VERY long waits along 6th Avenue on weekends for the (D) and with other lines that the (B) helps out on, hence why I avoid the 6th Avenue line as much as possible on weekends.  I have also heard from people in the Bronx that they would like express service on weekends on the (D) as it CRAWLS to Manhattan.  It is certainly something that should be looked at.  The (MTA) did expand the (B) to run later during the week, which was long overdue.

That's not the point. The (C) runs like crap along Central Park West, hence why the (B) shouldn't be ended early.  They don't beef up the (C) when they stop running the (B) early.

Cry me a river honestly. I LIVE by CPW so I would know more than you on that. It's not that bad when the (B) ends early due to the cold weather plan. And as for Weekend (B) Train Service I hope you realized there's a reason why they don't do it. You complain about every subway commute if it doesn't go your way and its getting old. What else do you want?

Cry me a river honestly. I LIVE by CPW so I would know more than you on that. It's not that bad when the (B) ends early due to the cold weather plan. And as for Weekend (B) Train Service I hope you realized there's a reason why they don't do it. You complain about every subway commute if it doesn't go your way and its getting old. What else do you want?

it actually is intended bad at all when (B) train service ends early due to the cold weather plan this way when trains run local there wouldn't be congestion and it wouldn't cause extensive delays

You do realize they end up running the (A) local at the same time they cut the (B) early.

That's funny because I have never seen the (A) running local when the (B) stops running early due to the cold weather plan.  All I see are (C) trains running.

I want what other commuters want... Better service... It's a fact that the (MTA) has been running more and more delayed trains.  Even they admit that.  

Last thing I would want to be is associated with some know it all commuter ,who gets condescending when he's constantly called out on nonsense as well..

Got better things to entertain myself with....

I know that the question that I asked was never answered.  Instead you result to the usual tactics instead of answering my question.  You keep yelling that you know about trains so how about answering the question I asked?

That's funny because I have never seen the (A) running local when the (B) stops running early due to the cold weather plan. All I see are (C) trains running.

I want what other commuters want... Better service... It's a fact that the (MTA) has been running more and more delayed trains. Even they admit that.

I know that the question that I asked was never answered. Instead you result to the usual tactics instead of answering my question. You keep yelling that you know about trains so how about answering the question I asked?

And how do you know they want weekend (B) service? Either give a valid argument or just stop with the excuses

And how do you know they want weekend (B) service? Either give a valid argument or just stop with the excuses

You clearly have a hard time reading. I stated earlier that at a transit meeting I attended, numerous people called for weekend service on the (B) line, as they want access to 6th Avenue.

That's funny because I have never seen the (A) running local when the (B) stops running early due to the cold weather plan. All I see are (C) trains running.

Where else you think they park the trains at?

...on the express tracks

Actually I never said you did.  I'm trying to understand whether or not there are no cold weather plans for the MNRR and LIRR and why they can store their trains outdoors buy NYCT can't?  What exactly is the difference as to why MNRR and the LIRR can run their trains in cold weather and NYCT can't?  That's what I want clarification on.  I've gone out in ice storms here in Riverdale and MNRR was running from Riverdale and my train came right on time.  In other words the subways seem rather delicate in comparison to the commuter rails.

To answer your question: 

Neither the MNRR or the LIRR - nor really any other railroad in the country (I think) operate anywhere near the short headways of NYCT. 

The issue, as I did state earlier, has to do with getting trains out of the yard quickly during the morning rush. You know as well as I do that even a 1 minute delay from the origin terminal can cause havoc at peak hours. 

The LIRR and MNRR have longer headways, fewer stops, fewer and less complicated yards - any number of reasons why it's more feasible to get the trains out of the yards in snow and ice conditions. If an MNRR or LIRR train is delayed 5 minutes, there won't be a train right behind it that's also delayed (usually). 

I'm sure I'll be as successful as trying to nail jello to the wall here: but like any other service change that nyct plans the cold weather plan is a small inconvenience to a relative few to save a large inconvenience for the vast majority of passengers. 

You clearly have a hard time reading. I stated earlier that at a transit meeting I attended, numerous people called for weekend service on the (B) line, as they want access to 6th Avenue.

true sometimes on weekends the (D) can be really unreliable some people on Brighton want the (B) to run on weekends

I'm sure I'll be as successful as trying to nail jello to the wall here: but like any other service change that nyct plans the cold weather plan is a small inconvenience to a relative few to save a large inconvenience for the vast majority of passengers. 

Yeah, this circle-jerk has run its course. There are only so many times one can say the same thing.

Archived