Access Granted by ENY: New Flyers for days!

East New York

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, once again we have come to a time in history where I will hit the forums with a string of posts about all the new goodies in store for us...

That being said, stay tuned as over the next 7 days straight we will have new discussions on what is coming up, and where the future of Department of Buses stands.

New Flyers for days!!!!!!!! When I originally said all the Xcelsiors were going to Brooklyn, with Quill in the running and East New York up to received the first of them, I was attacked as I have been since 2008. When 7090 first arrived, I made a special trip to the depot with our Senior Moderator Shane, I told him it would be my treat to exclusive shots. He didnt understand what I was talking about, and assumed we would be standing outside the depot getting picture....

I said really??? Shane, I AM East New York..... Needless to say, I ended up giving a tour of the brand new coach to several ENY employees and discussed all the new features and goodies with them, while Shane took some killer shots. 

From that day forward, I would brush up on all things MTA as a manage a contracting job with a bus company in Manhattan, launch my own business, and finish my Bachelor degree and plan for my masters at NYU or Columbia.

Many may have thought I forgot all about NYCTF, but I have not. It's just that other duties have been calling, and I was building up to a series of new posts in the process.

Many may have forgot that although all plans would one day fail, I am the one who is solely responsible for the first ever sit down discussion between MTA executives, and MTA directors on January 11, 2012 about the possible entrance of new RTS into the Bus Test and Evaluation Program (Which I also broke the news about: 90 Buses From 3 manufactures each coming to NYC).

At the end of the day, the deal failed because MTS could not afford to deliver the buses in test sections, as they could not afford the costs up front pending approval by MTA. That is the ONLY reason the RTS Extreme did not make a fashionable comeback. Have more questions?? Request them from the MTA then, as they are now public record. Every post I made has been 100% accurate.

Moving along, we move back to Quill depot.... Xcelsiors??? Just wait on it! 

I may not actually work for the MTA like some do, however, I have worked "with" the MTA for more than 7 years. I have always been the #1 advocate for the #1 transit agency in the world. It, is the most fascinating as well as the most demanded regional transit system the world has ever known. I have personally helped make it better, and that is what I will continue to do until I no longer have breath.

Among the countless things I have done to advance the world's greatest transit system, I have personally met with a director at The NYC Department of Transportation about the B46 SBS. I once presented the RTS to the world at APTA . I was given the name East New York. I did not choose it. I earned it. At age 6, my great-grandmother, who is still living to this day gave me the nick name "surface transit headquarters." Although I now reside in the Borough of Brooklyn, in the world's greatest city, I am from Detroit. That means I grew up under the hood of RTS and New Looks. I give you all this information because it is what I love and I want to share that. Keep all the negativity on that "other" transit blog.

One more question for everyone. Before I made a post 7 years ago right here on NYCTF titled: If I was the CEO of MTA....

When was the last time MTA mentioned a T-train??? Or what about off-board payment systems now called Select Bus Service? What about New Flyer working with MTA again??? Well, 98% of what I posted, MTA implemented.  

What was the 2% they didn't??? Ordering new RTS buses, and a subway line under Utica Avenue.

I say all this to inform some of our new members, as well some of our veteran grouches, that will not stand for the attacks this time around. Some of you may not have known me when I was an Administrator here because I have to leave to launch my business and finish school, but I am still here, and always have been.

Now its time to turn up the heat!!! 

XN40's anyone????? The turn-up in now official!

Live fron New York, I'ts Satuday night!

But this ain't SNL, It's NYCTF baby! #LetsGo

~East New York 

Glad to see you back dude.

I'm here patiently awaiting the XD60s for JFK. That's gonna be a real game changer for MTA Bus. With the D60s already on the Q10, it's been much better in terms of on and off-boarding. I hope these XD60s have enough standing room space.

Welcome back "East New York"!!!

CONGRATS on your accomplishments and continue to do what you've been doing. Now maybe people can stop with the "Shens" and focus on the threads themselves.

I knew the MTA would go with the XN40s ONLY because NICE bus went with them and just haven't heard good reviews regarding the Nova LFS CNG. Thanks for your information.

Archived