MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, The Grizzly Bear said:

I don't get why they are scrapping the NG Buses when they're only 12-13 years old?  Are these buses in THAT bad of shape?  Do they want all of the Orions to be scrapped?  Can't wait to get the battery buses....they won't be lasting long at all.

Only those operated by NYCT that are in bad shape are being scrapped. All BC & TA Gen 1s are also being retired as well as the Battery powered 38/39s. The ones that’s been in Manhattan, you better get your last photos. Their replacements are nearly completed, especially those out of OF. 

On 4/28/2022 at 6:26 PM, The Grizzly Bear said:

I don't get why they are scrapping the NG Buses when they're only 12-13 years old?  Are these buses in THAT bad of shape?  Do they want all of the Orions to be scrapped?  Can't wait to get the battery buses....they won't be lasting long at all.

The Orion hybrid fleet as a whole have some of the lowest MDBF of the entire fleet. They roadcall too often to justify keeping them. That, plus the funding is available to replace them so no point in waiting. 

3 minutes ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

ik they're Baisley Park units yes. But I'm asking if 3778 is retired or not, do u know by any chance?

For now, not yet. 

Edited by Calvin

2 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

4066,4086,4337-4338,4341,4415 & 4533 from GH is possibly retired and which they haven't been running for awhile.

4338 is at Baisley, and 4341 ran as early as last week. Not sure about the status of the other units.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382