MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Calvin said:

I heard that the Next Gens from 4245-4278, some of the spectrum signs are replaced and removed. Was it from the cause that the signs are lagging or another reason?

4261 and 4270 have apparently had theirs removed, replaced by signs from 4077 and 4083 (now retired). Unaware of any other units as of now 

4536 is possibly retired from ENY Depot as the bus hasn't ran since November 10th if this bus is can someone give a confirmation on  it's status.

4049 from FP hasn't been running since November 11th.

4090 from FP hasn't been running since October 31st.

4092 from FP hasn't been running since November 11th.

4093 from FP hasn't been running since November 12th.

4100 from FP hasn't been running since November 16th.

4572 from FP hasn't been running since November 10th.

Those units from FP can also possibly be retired and or being worked on I'm not sure but if anyone knows then please give a update on them.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

42 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

According to this post on subchat, these MUSEUM buses are in the scrap lot

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=346563

Are they there getting prepped for hoilday runs or are they scrap? AMS depot getting worked on and they are temporarily moved there?

Hopefully so. 126th street is not available, and Amsterdam is not available due to prep work. The only place to put these units are at Eastchester. They cannot scrap historical vehicles if there is a good reason.  

On 11/23/2022 at 5:43 PM, RSMG106 said:

Hopefully so. 126th street is not available, and Amsterdam is not available due to prep work. The only place to put these units are at Eastchester. They cannot scrap historical vehicles if there is a good reason.  

I hope someone doesn't go and make some dumb mistake. It's happened before! Like I think a handful of R32's were lost like that!

If they are truly there for storage, they could put a "Do not scrap" paper in the windshield of the museum buses. They do this for subway cars set aside for the museum. 1201 and 275 are museum buses that aren't at ECH but is usually stored at AMS. Wonder where those units are.

Edited by trainfan22

On 11/24/2022 at 12:05 PM, Transit Enthusiast said:

#4615, not even a month into it's tenure at LaGuardia, is apparently retired.

Wasn't that the bus that was o/s at FLAT for months because they couldn't get it to perform?  The powers that be probably sent it LGA to see if they could get it to perform properly there and they couldn't do anything with it either.

On 11/25/2022 at 12:50 AM, trainfan22 said:

If they are truly there for storage, they could put a "Do not scrap" paper in the windshield of the museum buses. They do this for subway cars set aside for the museum. 1201 and 275 are museum buses that aren't at ECH but is usually stored at AMS. Wonder where those units are.

I think at ENY.