MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

LaGuardia's local routes carry the most mileage than JFK and Baisley Park. It's said that the maintenance isn't that well compared to the other two. In the results, the NYCT units ran a lot bc they are used as Subway Shuttles often and the current maintenance that caused an early retirement for them. Although, they do keep the parts of the Next Gens for more incoming units. 

If they get more Next Gen units and have enough to remove the old gens, the 4 that's listed may still be on stand-by in-case of unknown early retirements for the NYCT Next Gens. 

I don't think that's even close to being true. JFK and Baisley Park has much more longer routes than the majority of LGA's locals.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Literally called it and no one believed lmao.

Yes you did, and a friend of mine (who also collects models himself) has a friend who works at that depot. I get my sources from him and you already called it. When fareboxes are removed from an older bus and being placed on new buses, that means that their time is up. All 3 buses are 15 years old. They have ran 2 1/2 years their prime. 

12 hours ago, The Grizzly Bear said:

More NGs sent to scrap and yet buses like 3581 3594 3623 and 3736 are kept running.  Some of them should've been sent to depots with OGs to get them out quicker.  They need to stop scrapping so many NGs before the OGs.  Why are they doing things so backwards?  These NG buses must be in really bad shape.  Can't wait for them to be all gone.

Many of those NGs retiring are those out of NYCT depots that were in very, very bad shape, while those in BC have to live with their buses being spared for service if one decides to break down

22 hours ago, Calvin said:

3265: College Point to scrap

3052 retired at College Point. 

Edited by Calvin
3265 was a voided unit that's meant for 3052. Also, 3265 had its farebox placed back from another D4500

On 1/5/2023 at 12:47 PM, Transit Enthusiast said:

#3863, #3920 and #3941 all have their fairboxes removed as of this afternoon.

All 08s from Quill officially done.

Now just #4126 and #4252 remain.

I need someone to confirm or refute this, but 3863 was supposedly out on the M12 yesterday.

1 hour ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

I need someone to confirm or refute this, but 3863 was supposedly out on the M12 yesterday.

It last ran on the 6th of January that's all I know but a Bus op from Quill showed 3 Next Gens that had their fare boxes removed  and it was the Acid Leads. 4126 and 4252 is still active at Quill though.

3 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

I've mentioned that 4591 and 4603 was retired back in December not sure if you checked back on the scrapped forums but yeah.

It might be because multiple units that you said were retired turned out to still be in service, or returned after being out temporarily. It's best to make sure that a unit is officially done before posting that it's retired.

22 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

It might be because multiple units that you said were retired turned out to still be in service, or returned after being out temporarily. It's best to make sure that a unit is officially done before posting that it's retired.

Most of the units that people are mentioning here I was correct on the bus Retirements the other bus units I've mentioned people have corrected me on it.

57 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Most of the units that people are mentioning here I was correct on the bus Retirements the other bus units I've mentioned people have corrected me on it.

That's good, but it still can be confusing as it's difficult to keep track of which units are really finished.

Speaking of which, what's the current status of Flatbush & Fresh Pond's next gen count, respectively?

34 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

That's good, but it still can be confusing as it's difficult to keep track of which units are really finished.

Speaking of which, what's the current status of Flatbush & Fresh Pond's next gen count, respectively?

Currently FP stands at 40 Next Gens and FB stands at 41 now as ( 4617 & 4620 is oos).

11 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

#3568 retired from JFK

I physically rode this bus on the Q60 on January 9. 

These OGs have been OOS since December:

3674 BP, Last Ran Dec 24

3769 BP, Last Ran Dec 29

3655 JFK, Last Ran Dec 28

3715 JFK, Last Ran Dec 22

Also 3581, 3594 and 3623 out of LGA haven't ran since last week before the new pick started. Possibly OOS? 3736 is still active and on the Q104 as of this post.