Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MikeBonds said:

I know someone who went Friday, the list has been extended a whole year, next class March 4th 

I been trynna tell ppl on here time and time again that theres NO NEW established list so they wont close this list UNTIL another list has been established, but nobody wants to listen. They rather go with the negative comments over what makes sense. Oh well.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:27 PM, Jsalcedo718 said:

You need to stop saying that. Youve given wrong info for a while now about these list extensions. Since youve first made the claim that these list were gonna expire over a year ago, hundreds have gotten hired since your original claim. I see u still havent learned not to jump to conclusions. As long as they have a need and no other list has been established to pull from, they can continue to extend the list. FYI, there is a next class. 

5 minutes ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

I been trynna tell ppl on here time and time again that theres NO NEW established list so they wont close this list UNTIL another list has been established, but nobody wants to listen. They rather go with the negative comments over what makes sense. Oh well.

Gotta give credit where credit belongs. You did point this out before. 

This is for the newly hired folks or XX folks..

XX Employees are supposed to call the Crew Office on Friday(or Saturday) to confirm their tour and RDOs for the following week..

Even if it’s been the same for weeks or months, make the call assume nothing..

DO NOT TRUST insight or the IVR....

Too many AWOLS and wake up calls....

The most used excuse at 2 Broadway..

"The RDOs and Tours have been the same for months"

On 1/22/2024 at 5:29 PM, Ryan98 said:

Day 1:for Conductors

finished Day 1 we was downtown Brooklyn and overall it was a pretty slow day, was basically a huge Q and A about the job, what to expect,some review on safety components,pension and benefits .There were like 90+ conductors there and some other positions also.Tomorrow we meet with the union people.so I’ll update tomorrow 

There's a "school car experience" thread floating around. Continue your story in there... It's nice to have them all in one place 😀

4 hours ago, RTOMan said:

XX Employees are supposed to call the Crew Office on Friday(or Saturday) to confirm their tour and RDOs for the following week..

This is especially important this week. Super bowl and promotion test coming up 2/10 2/11.  If you usually have Saturday or Sunday off you need to check because it might be rescheduled as a lot of conductors will be out.

5 hours ago, Zarric said:

I just got an email stating I haven't been selected under Rule 4.7.1 (c) of the rules and regulations of the NYC personnel director. Medical was in September. List #88xx

They put you on medical hold back in September?

I have a friend that  took the conductor exam with me back in 2016. I believe his list number is around 12,XXX. He hasn’t received anything back from the MTA. Is there any hope for him? Is there a phone number or email he could maybe reach out ? To get info on his status. Thanks for the responses in advance. God bless.

On 2/5/2024 at 9:04 AM, RTOMan said:

I will add to that don't even automatically trust the assignment sheets; they have accidently left people off once in a while. 

2 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

I will add to that don't even automatically trust the assignment sheets; they have accidently left people off once in a while. 

I always check MTA insight as a pre caution because sometimes they can change your job without warning 

Edited by goliver28

4 hours ago, R0cky said:

I have a friend that  took the conductor exam with me back in 2016. I believe his list number is around 12,XXX. He hasn’t received anything back from the MTA. Is there any hope for him? Is there a phone number or email he could maybe reach out ? To get info on his status. Thanks for the responses in advance. God bless.

Did he do the OPA? & if so when did he go it? I did mine in May got called in Dec for pre emp than Jan 12 I got put on medical hold. The doctor told me I have 90 days to clear.

5 hours ago, Amir said:

Did he do the OPA? & if so when did he go it? I did mine in May got called in Dec for pre emp than Jan 12 I got put on medical hold. The doctor told me I have 90 days to clear.

No he didn’t do the OPA. He never got the letter in the mail. Same as you I did the OPA back in May, Pre emp in Dec, got put on medical hold on Jan 9th. Im waiting for my results for the sleep study from my doctor. should be getting it soon sometime this week. 

1 hour ago, R0cky said:

No he didn’t do the OPA. He never got the letter in the mail. Same as you I did the OPA back in May, Pre emp in Dec, got put on medical hold on Jan 9th. Im waiting for my results for the sleep study from my doctor. should be getting it soon sometime this week. 

Your friend should go to 180 Livingston and inquire, it’s good that the list has been extended for a year but those folks at 180 like to “sit on paperwork” 

11 hours ago, goliver28 said:

I always check MTA insight as a pre caution because sometimes they can change your job without warning 

If you have a picked Job then no need to check Insight and as a poster said they will have to notify you..

Now as for a reassignments with GOs..

Do not trust Insight..

Edited by RTOMan

On 1/22/2024 at 5:29 PM, Ryan98 said:

Day 1:for Conductors

finished Day 1 we was downtown Brooklyn and overall it was a pretty slow day, was basically a huge Q and A about the job, what to expect,some review on safety components,pension and benefits .There were like 90+ conductors there and some other positions also.Tomorrow we meet with the union people.so I’ll update tomorrow 

Here you should document your experience in this thread....

https://www.nyctransitforums.com/topic/38133-the-schoolcar-experience/?do=getLastComment

9 hours ago, R0cky said:

Where did u go for the sleep study? 

12 hours ago, MikeBonds said:

Your friend should go to 180 Livingston and inquire, it’s good that the list has been extended for a year but those folks at 180 like to “sit on paperwork” 

Okay thanks, 5th floor right?

10 hours ago, RTOMan said:

If you have a picked Job then no need to check Insight and as a poster said they will have to notify you..

Now as for a reassignments with GOs..

Do not trust Insight..

For picked jobs yes but I was referring to XX. You make a point about that reassignments with GOs.