Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sfredo said:

AND

how Should i order as far as sizes cause it says order 2 sizes smaller but that sounds crazy if im a 10 1/2 and need to order 8 1/2 ?  

chill order them true to size im an 11 and order a 12 and ordered a wide because unless you want your toes squeezed to death order them smaller 

8 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

@Schecter okay great and the steel toe isnt uncomfortable? 

I had some timberland pro work shoes with steel toe in the past and I got them a half size too big (ordered online and didn't get to try them on) and the steel toe was terrible. So hopefully this time I can order one that fits good. A loose steel toe shoe is very uncomfortable.

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

It is but you want toe room, you can always return them if they're too tight, but you don't want your feet killing your for 8 hours or more in them unless you want bum feet 🤣

It's cool that you can return them if the fit isn't right. I definitely do not want to be uncomfortable for 8+ hours a day. Speaking of....are we standing the entire time?

Just now, Sfredo said:

Hahaa! I ordered the cats but wide width lol thank you once again @Schecter & @EAS you got that email about the zoom orientation for Tuesday? Lol gonna be in a dress shirt with lounge shorts from 8-4 in my dining room 😂🤣

Yea I definitely got the email. I'm gonna try to register now. In my current job, I've conducted and participated in Zoom meetings. I have a Zoom Pro account. I'll show you a picture my wife took. We had a meeting with NYSED and I had a shirt, tie, sports jacket, and sleep shorts for a 2hr meeting. It was hilarious. lol

16 minutes ago, EAS said:

It's cool that you can return them if the fit isn't right. I definitely do not want to be uncomfortable for 8+ hours a day. Speaking of....are we standing the entire time?

No they said you can't sit but nobody listens to that every conductor sits down lmao

Just now, EAS said:

I'm still not sure. My brother in law recommended the Timberland Pro's. But I remember my experience with those, even though I had them a full size too big

What I would do is look up the boots on Amazon or on their website to read the reviews before you get the boots, I got the rockports were I first started and they were bulky af, they looked like Frankenstein boots lol

1 minute ago, EAS said:

That's good to know. I worked public safety in Times Square for 2 years. 10hr tours. It was terrible on my back lol

yeah just when you get into a station stand up and point and open the doors, don't do this while sitting down, and if you see a TSS put the seat up, they know we sit just don't sit and chill while they're evaluating you. 

31 minutes ago, Schecter said:

What I would do is look up the boots on Amazon or on their website to read the reviews before you get the boots, I got the rockports were I first started and they were bulky af, they looked like Frankenstein boots lol

I spoke to an NYPD friend. He said the Rockports are pretty dope and not offered to everyone. I don't care how they look, I just want the most comfortable shoe there. So how comfortable are they?

3 minutes ago, EAS said:

I spoke to an NYPD friend. He said the Rockports are pretty dope and not offered to everyone. I don't care how they look, I just want the most comfortable shoe there. So how comfortable are they?

They're good just bulky but overall good boots, we get a free pair once a year so rock them out for a year if anything and then get a new pair next year.

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

They're good just bulky but overall good boots, we get a free pair once a year so rock them out for a year if anything and then get a new pair next year.

I did as you suggested. The Catepillar's actually got s the best reviews. 4.5/5 from 1605 reviews. I'm just gonna go with that for now. The Rockports on Amazon got like a 3.9/5 from 48 reviews and ppl send they tend to run small so you need like a half size bigger. @Sfredo bro just fyi if you haven't ordered yours yet. It seems the Cats are a bit heavy but I won't mind that too much. Off of my own research it was either the Rockports or the Cats and I went with the Cats. They also look less like a boot. I'm hoping they're comfortable. Also, I did the registration for Tuesday so I'm set for now. 🦾

19 minutes ago, jambutle88 said:

My friend is in the class starting today. His schedule starting next week is 330pm - 1130pm. Will it stay that way throughout the 8 weeks or will it change at some point? 

Wow he's lucky I wish i had PMs back in school car lol for us we had to be there 7am till 3pm this was last year in June

9 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

Class has approx 32 conductors. Today was 7-3, tmw we have a zoom meeting at home 8-4, Wednesday/thursday 7-3, Friday 7-7 because we have a safety course from 330-7 then starting next week for everyone its is 330-1130.

Zoom meeting, what if you dont have a computer with a camera 🤔, at least you can wear your pjs 🤣

21 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Zoom meeting, what if you dont have a computer with a camera 🤔, at least you can wear your pjs 🤣

Hahaa yeah they give the call in options on your phone too tho but yeah ill have my dress shirt and lounge shorts on lol have to remember to not stand up unless i cover the camera 😂

2 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

Hahaa yeah they give the call in options on your phone too tho but yeah ill have my dress shirt and lounge shorts on lol have to remember to not stand up unless i cover the camera 😂

Imagine 👀 whoops that'd be hilarious though 🤣, so you can either call in if you dont have a computer a camera or do the zoom option?

10 hours ago, Schecter said:

Imagine 👀 whoops that'd be hilarious though 🤣, so you can either call in if you dont have a computer a camera or do the zoom option?

Exactly, and you basically are on a phone call with the audio from the zoom

Just now, Sfredo said:

Exactly, and you basically are on a phone call with the audio from the zoom

I'm dressed like yesterday just in case I had to stand up. I don't want any whoops moments. lol. They not ready,......I'm not ready either lol.