Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Charlie charles said:

Are you sure they are on 2100 list number? I am still waiting for pre employment and I am early 2000 list number....any info to help me with who to contact in this matter. Thank you 

I'm in the 19xx range and was skipped as well. Very unfair and very disappointed. I thought this was a civil service exam with fair hiring based on how well you score on the exam? I never even got a chance to take the medical or drug test in case anyone out there accuses me of failing those. My overall record is spotless as well.

2 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

I'm in the 19xx range and was skipped as well. Very unfair and very disappointed. I thought this was a civil service exam with fair hiring based on how well you score on the exam? I never even got a chance to take the medical or drug test in case anyone out there accuses me of failing those. My overall record is spotless as well.

What do you mean they skipped you? You mean the 1 and 3 rule?

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

What do you mean they skipped you? You mean the 1 and 3 rule?

I guess, if that's what they wanna call it. They also skipped me for train operator back in 2018 despite my list number being in the low hundred range out of 10,000+. Wish there was some legal action I could take because this isn't right and I don't buy the 1 in 3 rule excuse.

Edited by LEO1990

9 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

I guess, if that's what they wanna call it. They also skipped me for train operator back in 2018 despite my list number being in the low hundred range out of 10,000+. Wish there was some legal action I could take because this isn't right and I don't buy the 1 in 3 rule excuse.

Did they ever send you a letter or they just never bothering reaching out to you for anything?

Just now, Schecter said:

Did they ever send you a letter or they just never bothering reaching out to you for anything?

For T/O they sent me a letter saying "I was considered, but no longer considered". The letter had a list of potential reasons with a checkbox next to all of them. None of the boxes were checked off except for the one that said "other".

For T/C they haven't sent me anything. Last time I heard from them was 7/28 when I received an email packet to fill out. I filled out all my info and sent it back the same day. Never heard anything since and I'm seeing people in the 2000 range who started Sept 7th which means I've been skipped once again. Going to see if there is some kind of legal action I can take.

they reached out to me and called me with an automated message saying to looking out for email to follow pre employment process about a month ago. i have been waiting for the email since and now hear they passed my list number which is 20xx . so did they pass my list number and should i be contacting them somehow to correct the situation? any help is appreciated,thank you!

1 minute ago, Charlie charles said:

they reached out to me and called me with an automated message saying to looking out for email to follow pre employment process about a month ago. i have been waiting for the email since and now hear they passed my list number which is 20xx . so did they pass my list number and should i be contacting them somehow to correct the situation? any help is appreciated,thank you!

Call 180 and tell them what happened

2 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

For T/O they sent me a letter saying "I was considered, but no longer considered". The letter had a list of potential reasons with a checkbox next to all of them. None of the boxes were checked off except for the one that said "other".

For T/C they haven't sent me anything. Last time I heard from them was 7/28 when I received an email packet to fill out. I filled out all my info and sent it back the same day. Never heard anything since and I'm seeing people in the 2000 range who started Sept 7th which means I've been skipped once again. Going to see if there is some kind of legal action I can take.

There has to be some legal action you can take because that's messed up!

13 hours ago, Sfredo said:

@Schecter tmw the tss said its our first quiz of ch. 1 lol on the rules what did they ask mainly for if you remember hahaa like what rules did they ask about mainly the TSS mentioned to know 2d specifically but that was it

I wrote you a PM message sorry for the late reply you'll do good!

On 8/26/2020 at 6:39 PM, EAS said:

Hi. You have to call your local office. I called the wrong one and they told me to call the one that is closest to my home. And “overnight” isn’t exactly overnight. You can mail your form with payment and “overnight” it to the local office. It will take maybe 2 days to get to them. They have to process it and mail back to you. Earliest it may get to you, from what the person at my local ssa office told me, may be about 10 days.
The fee is $91. You will get earnings history and each company you worked for. They only give year or month and year if I recall correctly. 
There is another option that is cheaper but that literally only gives you the earnings per year with no company information. Make sure you order the $91 one. Good luck

I called my local SSI office and was told that I would  have to send my request for work history to the Baltimore office. May I ask which office you used to get the expedited service? Thanks In Advance.

Edited by MTA MAC
typo

25 minutes ago, Charlie charles said:

I have heard nothing and no contact person to reach out to....any help is appreciated, this feeling like a dead end?!

I would try reaching out to the following people:

-Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her contact information is below)

-Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Manager of Employment Operations (click here for her information)

If neither of these ladies respond, I would try contacting the Office of the President, which is located out of 2 Broadway, at 646-252-5800 and see what happens.

Good luck!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

I would try reaching out to the following people:

-Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her contact information is below)

-Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Manager of Employment Operations (click here for her information)

If neither of these ladies respond, I would try contacting the Office of the President, which is located out of 2 Broadway, at 646-252-5800 and see what happens.

Good luck!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

Yes I agree, out of all the people I tried contacting Emma Marie Rivera was the only on to respond. She was very helpful. Also as @Young suggested, the President's office will see to it that your information gets to the right dept or personnel. 

1 hour ago, yungfeenxm23 said:

Hello perspective MTA Family, does anyone know whats the current pre-employment list number for Exam 6601 T/C? 

Any insight as regards to a extension of this list due to COVID-19 Pandemic 

My number: 7,2**

Hope everyone continues to stay safe as well. 😷

Call DCAS: 212-669-1357. You will find out the latest on the list including pre-testing. As of right now DCAS states 8,4** have came in for pre-testing. I would check one of the phone numbers from Downtown and get to a live person and see where they at? As for processing it’s somewhere in the 1900’s. 

1 hour ago, Charlie charles said:

So far I have received no response from any email I sent to all except the vice president....I will send to vp next, but not looking good. Is it really that hard to respond or forward to the right person??

Have you tried Emma Marie Rivera or the Office of the President (646-252-5800)?

Don't give up my friend. And if you need some inspiration, I would invite you to read this and this in regards to how the HR Department of New York City Transit really treats their candidates.