Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Does anyone know for certain when the Conductor class will start and how big they may make the class? I know earlier in this thread Schecter said the TO class is capped at 28 ppl I think. I also heard from a Conductor friend that there’s a big shortage of conductors right now so there should be a big group coming in. 

I’m just a little anxious and don’t want to miss out or be wait-listed again. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EAS said:

Does anyone know for certain when the Conductor class will start and how big they may make the class? I know earlier in this thread Schecter said the TO class is capped at 28 ppl I think. I also heard from a Conductor friend that there’s a big shortage of conductors right now so there should be a big group coming in. 

I’m just a little anxious and don’t want to miss out or be wait-listed again. 

September 8th is what the union VP said. And yet there is a Big shortage of conductors. You should be good if u just took drug test and stuff. They could get back to you next week for medical and that following Monday u show up for orientation. Keep the faith 💪🏾

7 minutes ago, Riku said:

September 8th is what the union VP said. And yet there is a Big shortage of conductors. You should be good if u just took drug test and stuff. They could get back to you next week for medical and that following Monday u show up for orientation. Keep the faith 💪🏾

Thanks. That’s what I’m wondering. I did the drug test 2 days ago. Hoping to get the call for medical ASAP. 

1 hour ago, Riku said:

It varies, Monday thru Friday. The first week is usually AMs so like 5am or 7 or 8 during the week. But when I was in schoolcar First week Was morning then we shifted to PMs so like 3-11pm. Everyone should be mindful whoever takes job. You will be new and when u finish training you will start off extra extra Till u have enough seniority to pick. There is no Stability. The crew office the people who assign what ur gonna do have the power to change your days off and what tour(AM, PMs, or Midnights) your ur gonna work every week. They don’t change it every week but they can if they have too. That’s one of the first things they will talk about when u go to PS 248. If you got kids have plan A B C D. As Extra extra u get a wish list What days off u want and what your u want. and the crew office will try their best to fit what u want. 

Is ps 248 where all the training takes place? The commute from the bronx looks hectic. Almost 2 hours to and from

Just now, Kal123 said:

Is ps 248 where all the training takes place? The commute from the bronx looks hectic. Almost 2 hours to and from

No but you will be there for several days tho, but Majority training takes place in actual train yards they gotta teach how equipment works so u go to the yards that have certain trains based on what division u end up in, it’s 10 per class.  if you’re able to pick division pick A if u live in Bronx. But I believe they are short A lot of B division conductors 

Hey guys UPDATE:

Got email today to come to 180 on tuesday for medical and received conditional offer today. Have to print and fill out some more paperwork and bring on Tuesday morning.

email says September 7th class. Took my drug test on Wednesday btw too so Quick turn around.

good luck to all! Ill keep you posted

9 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

Hey guys UPDATE:

Got email today to come to 180 on tuesday for medical and received conditional offer today. Have to print and fill out some more paperwork and bring on Tuesday morning.

email says September 7th class. Took my drug test on Wednesday btw too so Quick turn around.

Congrats!!!!!!!! 

10 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

Hey guys UPDATE:

Congrats, welcome! 

55 minutes ago, Riku said:

No but you will be there for several days tho, but Majority training takes place in actual train yards they gotta teach how equipment works so u go to the yards that have certain trains based on what division u end up in, it’s 10 per class.  if you’re able to pick division pick A if u live in Bronx. But I believe they are short A lot of B division conductors 

If I live in Queens, would division B be better for me?

So. First of all, congrats @Sfredo!

i also got the email with the conditional offer today. I also did the drug test 2 days ago.  I have to report on Wednesday 9/2 for medical. The letter said for the Sept 7th class as well. So I feel confident for the medical as well. I have good vision hearing and blood pressure. 

is there any heads up I should heed heading into next Wednesday? And to reiterate my previous question on another post, if given a chance, which division should I opt for if I live in Queens?

see whoever next week!

18 minutes ago, EAS said:

So. First of all, congrats @Sfredo!

i also got the email with the conditional offer today. I also did the drug test 2 days ago.  I have to report on Wednesday 9/2 for medical. The letter said for the Sept 7th class as well. So I feel confident for the medical as well. I have good vision hearing and blood pressure. 

is there any heads up I should heed heading into next Wednesday? And to reiterate my previous question on another post, if given a chance, which division should I opt for if I live in Queens?

see whoever next week!

Where in queens?

3 minutes ago, EAS said:

Yea the E is closest to me. E/J/Z trains. 

Yea what schef said, the crew office will try to keep u close to home. That’s the one of the benefits of extra extra life. Springfield gardens is close to far Rockaway so that’s another line the A train 

52 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yea what schef said, the crew office will try to keep u close to home. That’s the one of the benefits of extra extra life. Springfield gardens is close to far Rockaway so that’s another line the A train 

A train is still kinda far. I usually take the LIRR. That’s what’s closest to me. I can get off at my stop and walk 0.9mi home or grab an Uber and get home in 5 min off of the LIRR train. 

Congrats to all the people who may be starting the job on 9/7. My question is what are your list numbers? You don't have to give the exact 4 digit number, but can I at least get an estimate (19xx? 194x? 195x?). I myself am somewhere around the 2000 range and want to see how long it could take.

Also, is there any word on a class beyond September 7th?

1 minute ago, LEO1990 said:

Congrats to all the people who may be starting the job on 9/7. My question is what are your list numbers? You don't have to give the exact 4 digit number, but can I at least get an estimate (19xx? 194x? 195x?). I myself am somewhere around the 2000 range and want to see how long it could take.

List number 2,0xx

1 hour ago, LEO1990 said:

What up Leo. You will hopefully get called soon. My number was 19xx. I will say over 1980 to help you narrow it down. My score was 96.25 

9 hours ago, Sfredo said:

Whats the Division by coney island? I live in the bensonhurst area and that would be super ideal im walking distance to PS 248 as well so would like to stay close when we finish school car

B div. Be warned you may not necessarily get to choose your division when it's time to pick. 

So I have a quick question. If I was a little reckless as a youth and may have something on my record from the 1990's. How would I check this information and does it need to be reported? If so, where can I get the info ASAP so I can put it on the paperwork I am filling out?