Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

Yes, they drug test, once during pre employment, once during medical if its been more than 30 days, and youll get randoms every so often if hired

Curious, so pre employment is first before medical ? 

I took opa in June, assumed was getting called for medical first ? 

And what is the ore employment process 

1 minute ago, Immortal11 said:

Yes so, the first day is pre employment where they get all your documents and your info from the pre employment packet, and at the end of the 1st day you do your drug test at the lab

2nd day is 2nd step of pre-employment which is medical and final processing, you may have to do another drug test as that is only valid for 30 days, it depends

11 hours ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Hey,does anyone know if they drug test? And when will they make to take one.

Not saying that you partake in recreational drugs, but if someone does this may not be the position for them.  MTA wants to take the job back before probation is up, because it’s harder to fire you after the first year. 

I wouldn’t even drink on the last day of my day off, because you might get a random the next day  

They do offer help to employees who need it or who pee dirty with frequent randoms, but if you’re on probation it’s ADIOS!

12 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

Did you hear anything back about if you pass or fail the OPA assessment.

On 9/6/2022 at 11:04 AM, Conductorreadyxx said:

Hey so its been a month since i went thru my second pre employment process and still no call back my number is 61xx is this a normal wait time ? Or should i contact someone 😕 and if i should is there a number or email to contact them?? Ive been looking in The previous messages but all i saw was information for medical and or to be reinstated on the list please help

I’m 60xx just got sworn in yesterday to start 9/12. See if you got an email from an actual employees name and not like the original email received to report I almost missed it because it came in like Friday late in the night. 

3 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Did you hear anything back about if you pass or fail the OPA assessment.

I passed, call the 718 number, pick option 2 for exams unit . Give the lady your social or applicant ID # she said that she doesn't know why they haven't sent out pass/ fail mail letters yet. But she can let you know.

4 minutes ago, Kikiq27 said:

I’m 60xx just got sworn in yesterday to start 9/12. See if you got an email from an actual employees name and not like the original email received to report I almost missed it because it came in like Friday late in the night. 

Hey so what is the training schedule like ? Days/hours months ?

Hi everyone. My list number is 22xx and I requested to have my number restored in March. In early April I was invited to 180 Livingston for pre-employment, where I was out on medical hold for a sleep study. After jumping through hoops for a few months, I diagnosed with sleep apnea and received my cpap machine last week. Before I reach out to clear my hold, can anyone confirm how much data they want to see from the cpap? I've seen people say 30 days, 90 days and 100 days of data. Can anyone confirm if the diagnosis will disqualify me or what numbers they're specifically looking for before offering me a position? 

44 minutes ago, TMFQuinn said:

Hi everyone. My list number is 22xx and I requested to have my number restored in March. In early April I was invited to 180 Livingston for pre-employment, where I was out on medical hold for a sleep study. After jumping through hoops for a few months, I diagnosed with sleep apnea and received my cpap machine last week. Before I reach out to clear my hold, can anyone confirm how much data they want to see from the cpap? I've seen people say 30 days, 90 days and 100 days of data. Can anyone confirm if the diagnosis will disqualify me or what numbers they're specifically looking for before offering me a position? 

The actual diagnosis of apnea wont disqualify you but they need to see you use the cpap machine

Did they tell you how many days? cause  for me they told me 30 days, thats what was written on my pmd request when I was placed on med hold.

After clearing my hold and getting sworn in I was told to make a follow up visit in two months to show them 60 days usage, so get 30 at least, make sure you use it every day

29 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

The actual diagnosis of apnea wont disqualify you but they need to see you use the cpap machine

Did they tell you how many days? cause  for me they told me 30 days, thats what was written on my pmd request when I was placed on med hold.

After clearing my hold and getting sworn in I was told to make a follow up visit in two months to show them 60 days usage, so get 30 at least, make sure you use it every day

They didn't say, only to do the sleep study. I'll reach out to them and see what they say. Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

I passed, call the 718 number, pick option 2 for exams unit . Give the lady your social or applicant ID # she said that she doesn't know why they haven't sent out pass/ fail mail letters yet. But she can let you know.

That's great bro, also what's the 718 number. And you said u took the OPA in June and when did u know you passed. Just want to know the time frame 

4 hours ago, Kikiq27 said:

That's great to hear, my list is 77## so some hope, also going in next week for OPA assessment.