Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

2 hours ago, Mika D said:

Good morning,

I was called for the final phase of my process for conductor. When I got there for them to process my paperwork, they told me they couldn’t do it because 14 days hasn’t elapsed since I got vaccinated. I was suppose to start the training today 8/22/22.  I was told to contact them when I was fully vaccinated and 14 days elapsed. I’ve sent three emails and received no response. Does this mean I have been disqualified? Or will I be considered for the next class. I would hate to think I waited years to be called, have gone through a 7month process just be denied at this point. Can someone give me some kind of hope.

Who are you emailing?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mika D said:

Good morning,

I was called for the final phase of my process for conductor. When I got there for them to process my paperwork, they told me they couldn’t do it because 14 days hasn’t elapsed since I got vaccinated. I was suppose to start the training today 8/22/22.  I was told to contact them when I was fully vaccinated and 14 days elapsed. I’ve sent three emails and received no response. Does this mean I have been disqualified? Or will I be considered for the next class. I would hate to think I waited years to be called, have gone through a 7month process just be denied at this point. Can someone give me some kind of hope.

Go back to 180 Livingston.

4 hours ago, Canarsie88 said:

Hey Good afternoon everyone. Does anyone know around what number they’re floating on for the last Number rounded to the thousandth to be called in for medical just asking to keep up. Thanks again 

Not sure any of us would be able to know that kind of info

3 hours ago, Moe23 said:

Hey does know How is the parking at 248? I’m trying to decide  if driving or public transportation is the better option since I have a far commute? 

They have parking. Where are you coming from?  The train maybe a good option too once you get your pass. 

26 minutes ago, BigMike85 said:

Driving maybe the best bet, but if you’re late because if training you can get jammed up. If you’re late because of the MTA you can get a free pass. 

Not entirely true. The contract only covers lateness on New York City Transit. It is definitely very petty to make this distinction as frankly it's all under the MTA umbrella and they should be encouraging us to not use our cars anyway. Plus, we literally are given a "commuter" pass for it.

On 8/22/2022 at 1:01 PM, Milano said:

Who are you emailing?

YOU ARE WAITING FOR THE NEXT CLASS THEY cant CALL YOU AND HAVE YOU DO TRAINING SINGLE HANDLEDY … THEY ARE PRETTY QUICK WITH RESPONDING TO EMAILS AS WELL SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE SENDING IT TO THE RIGHT ONE! Also CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE OPA I JUST GOT AN EMAIL ABOUT IT 

On 8/18/2022 at 2:05 PM, Immortal11 said:

Hello, does anyone know what safety glasses must be gotten if you wear glasses in order to not be put on medical hold.. want to be prepared lol! 

I know it's some type of osha safety right ? And a letter from the doctor?

Also heard it thru a lil birdie..they are up to the 6500#s in calling in for drug test etc

Can you tell us how long it toom after your opa to hear a response ?  Also how was the OPA 

On 8/13/2022 at 11:42 PM, +Young+ said:

You should. I would reach out to the Examinations Unit (examsunit@nyct.com) who handles the Oral Proficiency Assessment (OPA), and see what they have to say. They should respond to your e-mail within two to three business days.

Good luck!!

Hey Can anyone tell me how long does it take to hear a response after the OPA ?