Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

If youre on the heavier side, get that sleep study scheduled, if you have any other conditions, ask your physician for all the info regarding them and how youre treating them in paper. OHS is super stringent about this sort of stuff and will ask for documentation 

I'm a cdl truck driver at the moment. Got a sleep study done in 2021. Was heavier back then with symptoms of the apnea.. however I passed and lost a lot of weight but still technically obese. Do u think they will honor my sleep study done in 2021 ?

Just now, Immortal11 said:

I'm a cdl truck driver at the moment. Got a sleep study done in 2021. Was heavier back then with symptoms of the apnea.. however I passed and lost a lot of weight but still technically obese. Do u think they will honor my sleep study done in 2021 ?

do you still use your cpap/apap machine?

3 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

Probably not. When you fill out the medical questionairre, just remember they don't have access to your medical file...

I’m confused. What list do I have to wait to be certified if I am on list 6601 and I want to reinstate my name on that list. What list do I have to wait for transit to certify if I want to reinstate my name on this list? I am on this list and might be restoring my list number in the near future and want to make sure that I will be able to. 

Edited by BusBoy2010

19 minutes ago, BusBoy2010 said:

I’m confused. What list do I have to wait to be certified if I am on list 6601 and I want to reinstate my name on that list. What list do I have to wait for transit to certify if I want to reinstate my name on this list?

What is your list #? 5XXX?

Yes, you are on 6601. Transit sends a request to DCAS for a certified list of candidates to fill a certain number of vacancies. When it's exhausted they start over again.

You may not make it to a certified list if you deferred, could not complete your pre-employment, or medical, etc. For example, I know someone who went in for medical back in November, but was not hired as Transit doctors wanted him to get documentation from his own doctors for the medical issues he had disclosed. The current certified list was made back in March, but he emailed DCAS in May to be reinstated. So now he has to wait for the next certified list to be on it.

Edited by Jericho

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

What is your list #? 5XXX?

Yes, you are on 6601. Transit sends a request to DCAS for a certified list of candidates to fill a certain number of vacancies. When it's exhausted they start over again.

You may not make it to a certified list if you deferred, could not complete your pre-employment, or medical, etc. For example, I know someone who went in for medical back in November, but was not hired as Transit doctors wanted him to get documentation from his own doctors for the medical issues he had disclosed. The current certified list was made back in March, but he emailed DCAS in May to be reinstated. So now he has to wait for the next certified list to be on it.

I sent a email to reinstate my name on 8/19/21, I was then called to 180 Livingston for pre-employment on 8/26/21. I started school car on 9/13/21.

I had no wait for "next certified list" or was I just lucky with perfect timing..

Edited by Camean

On 9/4/2022 at 5:42 PM, Watato said:

Would anyone know when the MTA renews their lists? I renewed my number back in April but I haven't heard anything yet. I recently sent an email to them but they said I would have to wait until the MTA request a refreshed list.

I called them regarding this. I got my reinstatement letter back on 4/19(was on med hold). Lady said I "missed the cutoff". Said they're going off the active list that's active until 4/4. Going to assume that you and I should be on the next list they establish.

5 hours ago, Camean said:

I sent a email to reinstate my name on 8/19/21, I was then called to 180 Livingston for pre-employment on 8/26/21. I started school car on 9/13/21.

I had no wait for "next certified list" or was I just lucky with perfect timing..

That's dope. Sounds like you reinstated at the perfect time. Still waiting for my 2nd round conductor canvas/appt letter email since I got placed on med hold. Got my reinstatement letter 5 months ago smh. 

7 hours ago, Camean said:

I am lost number 3XXX. So when I reinstate my list number how long will it be until I get back on the list? I am so confused!!!

17 minutes ago, BusBoy2010 said:

I am lost number 3XXX. So when I reinstate my list number how long will it be until I get back on the list? I am so confused!!!

Basically it depends, That guy got reinstated really quickly, while others had to wait a while. Hope that you dint have to wait a while

Just reinstate and hope for the best

Hey so its been a month since i went thru my second pre employment process and still no call back my number is 61xx is this a normal wait time ? Or should i contact someone 😕 and if i should is there a number or email to contact them?? Ive been looking in The previous messages but all i saw was information for medical and or to be reinstated on the list please help

8 hours ago, Camean said:

Looking back at your posts, it seems like you actually sent the email on 8/15/21. The list was recertified on 8/18/21, so it looks like you just made it.

7 minutes ago, Conductorreadyxx said:

Hey so its been a month since i went thru my second pre employment process and still no call back my number is 61xx is this a normal wait time ? Or should i contact someone 😕 and if i should is there a number or email to contact them?? Ive been looking in The previous messages but all i saw was information for medical and or to be reinstated on the list please help

IIRC, the last person sworn after medical was in the low 5000s so you just have to wait your turn. You may actually have to do another drug test.

Edited by Jericho

55 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Looking back at your posts, it seems like you actually sent the email on 8/15/21. The list was recertified on 8/18/21, so it looks like you just made it.

IIRC, the last person sworn after medical was in the low 5000s so you just have to wait your turn. You may actually have to do another drug test.

I checked my sent mail and you're right.😮 it was 8/15...

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Omg so there's another long wait after drug test/ medical ? I thought you go straight to training class once everything is cool ?

2 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

Omg so there's another long wait after drug test/ medical ? I thought you go straight to training class once everything is cool ?

You misunderstand. His list number is still pretty far back to be called to medical. He may have to do another drug test in the meantime.

8 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

if you pass medical youre sent to final processing and sworn in that very same day. If you get placed on med hold you have to clear it and once you have what you need you gotta email ecmro and theyll reschedule you

On 9/5/2022 at 8:29 AM, Immortal11 said:

What advice would yall have for medical preparation/ and what are some examples that will get you placed on hold/ how to avoid that situation 

May sound silly to some, but go get a check up. Don’t find out from the MAC during the physical that you have high blood pressure, or diabetes. They can put you on hold for that. Measure your neck, if it’s more than 17 inches get a sleep study done ASAP. It also wouldn’t hurt to become a little active as it can lower your blood pressure. 

medical hold sucks and just delays the process, but if you’re proactive you can lessen the time you’re on medical hold and be let into the kingdom to make decent money.