Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/18/2022 at 7:38 PM, Afs said:

This is my first comment but I've been following this thread for a while now, Just wanted to thank everyone for the comments in this thread, had medical today and it went good, got sworn in and now in the 5/30 Class. Thank you all!

When u take your opa do you do fingerprints that same day? Or it was when you did medical? 

Guys, question.

I just asked to be restored and be given an opportunity to take the OPA exam since I had to decline it back in January, I'm going in tomorrow morning to take it. My list number is #54XX, do I have good hopes to be called into the next steps of the hiring process sooner given my list number?

Thank you for all the help. 

17 hours ago, AP-MTA said:

Guys, question.

I just asked to be restored and be given an opportunity to take the OPA exam since I had to decline it back in January, I'm going in tomorrow morning to take it. My list number is #54XX, do I have good hopes to be called into the next steps of the hiring process sooner given my list number?

Thank you for all the help. 

I think so. I’m 55XX and declined back in Feb and asked to be restored and when I got back in , everything was super quick . 

18 hours ago, LeonR said:

What’s the 718 number to find out OPA results?

You’ll know right then an there if you passed the OPA.  They also send you a letter in the mail. The OPA is one of those things where you KNOW if you passed or failed. 

if you’re unsure if you passed or fail, I’d keep an eye out for a letter in the mail. 

5 minutes ago, workisforlames said:

How long does it take scheduling to make an appointment to clear a medical Hold? I emailed them a few days ago. Should I just go to 180 Livingston? Thanks in advance 

They’ll probably call you back once they’re getting ready to schedule a class. They’ll probably clear your medical hold when everyone else in  the School Car Class they wanna put you in is your to the medical, because you’ll just come in and finger print. 

i probably wouldn’t go to 189 Livingston. They deal with a lot there.  I’m sure they got your email. If you don’t hear back in a month, email em again. 

12 minutes ago, BigMike85 said:

They’ll probably call you back once they’re getting ready to schedule a class. They’ll probably clear your medical hold when everyone else in  the School Car Class they wanna put you in is your to the medical, because you’ll just come in and finger print. 

i probably wouldn’t go to 189 Livingston. They deal with a lot there.  I’m sure they got your email. If you don’t hear back in a month, email em again. 

Thanks for the quick response!

23 hours ago, Cerealbox973 said:

I think so. I’m 55XX and declined back in Feb and asked to be restored and when I got back in , everything was super quick . 

Thank you bro much appreciated! 

I have some news for the rest of the peeps here. Did my OPA exam yesterday, there were 32 people in there taking the test! All list numbers 75xx+,76xx etc. 

2 hours ago, BigMike85 said:

You’ll know right then an there if you passed the OPA.  They also send you a letter in the mail. The OPA is one of those things where you KNOW if you passed or failed. 

if you’re unsure if you passed or fail, I’d keep an eye out for a letter in the mail. 

Actually just did mine today and they said 3 to 6 months wait time to know if you pass or fail. 

11 minutes ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Hey guys,want to know how many questions on the first part of the OPA do you need to get right to pass? I ask cause I wasn't sure about to of questions.Also how long does it take to get to the next steps after you passed the OPA?

It's a pass or fail test, I'm guessing if you did good enough in general they pass you. Unless you got everything wrong of course don't expect a pass then. 

1 hour ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Hey guys,want to know how many questions on the first part of the OPA do you need to get right to pass? I ask cause I wasn't sure about to of questions.Also how long does it take to get to the next steps after you passed the OPA?

if you werent taken to the back of that room for part 2 of the OPA, you didnt pass

26 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

if you werent taken to the back of that room for part 2 of the OPA, you didnt pass

Which room, because today they were about 35 people in my room that took the OPA and each person had an assigned seat number and based on your seat number that's how they called u