(7) Suspended

BDNQ2345

Suspended Posted: 10/01/2015 6:46PM

Due to signal problems along the line, (7) service has been suspended between 34 St-Hudson Yds and Flushing-Main St in both directions.

Take the (E)(F)(M) and (R) trains instead.

LIRR will cross honor at the following stations:

34 St-Penn Station, Hunters Point Av, 61 St-Woodside, Flushing-Main St, Kew Gardens-Union Tpke, and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer.

At the expense of the Lex line with the old damn trains on the (6) line...  <_<

Theres still plenty of tech trains on the Lexington line so I don't know what the beef is with old trains. Plus, it's going to be a while until CBTC comes to the Lexington line. There just trains for Christ sakes taking you from Point A to Point B as the old cliche goes. You can still take the (4) or (5) which is EXPRESS and fully tech trains for your delight endulgence of NTTs and stop complianing.

My point exactly. What's the point of CBTC? To run trains closer together? I understand that but that can wait. No ones complaining that the (7) needs more TPH, they should be focusing on fixing stations in need of repair and all of that stuff.

Theres still plenty of tech trains on the Lexington line so I don't know what the beef is with old trains. Plus, it's going to be a while until CBTC comes to the Lexington line. There just trains for Christ sakes taking you from Point A to Point B as the old cliche goes. You can still take the (4) or (5) which is EXPRESS and fully tech trains for your delight endulgence of NTTs and stop complianing.

It's about far more than them being "just trains".  It's more breakdowns, longer waits, and more people running to the (4)(5) which is already overcrowded.  The entire Lex line is a mess already which is why those trains should've never been removed to begin with.  Stupid move by the (MTA).  Mark my words.  And yes I do use the Lex line. Used it twice last week as a matter of fact for a meeting Downtown and another in Brooklyn Heights. Trains were almost sardine level before and after the rush...

It's about far more than them being "just trains".  It's more breakdowns, longer waits, and more people running to the (4)(5) which is already overcrowded.  The entire Lex line is a mess already which is why those trains should've never been removed to begin with.  Stupid move by the (MTA).  Mark my words.  And yes I do use the Lex line. Used it twice last week as a matter of fact for a meeting Downtown and another in Brooklyn Heights. Trains were almost sardine level before and after the rush...

Hey well what can I tell you buddy. I'm daily rider of the Broadway/7th Ave Line and we deal with the same stuff here as well and I know what I'm talking about cause I've been on R142 (2) trains like sardine cans not to mention the R62s on both the (1) & (3) lines. Also, the NTTs are no angels themselves especially in bad weather. Just yesterday a R142 (5) express train approching E 180th St craps out with mechanical problems causing the (5) P.M. Rush Hour Express to go local. Almost all of the (2) & (5) trains coming up were crowded.

Hey well what can I tell you buddy. I'm daily rider of the Broadway/7th Ave Line and we deal with the same stuff here as well and I know what I'm talking about cause I've been on R142 (2) trains like sardine cans not to mention the R62s on both the (1) & (3) lines. Also, the NTTs are no angels themselves especially in bad weather. Just yesterday a R142 (5) express train approching E 180th St craps out with mechanical problems causing the (5) P.M. Rush Hour Express to go local. Almost all of the (2) & (5) trains coming up were crowded.

lol... The (2)(5) are a problem mainly because the crappy headways. I actually would rather deal with the Lex line than the 7th Avenue line. At least the service is more frequent.  The (MTA) is giving wayy too much attention to the (7) line with really nothing to show for it in return.  I can say for a fact that aside from the new trains, service isn't much better.

lol... The (2)(5) are a problem mainly because the crappy headways. I actually would rather deal with the Lex line than the 7th Avenue line. At least the service is more frequent. The (MTA) is giving wayy too much attention to the (7) line with really nothing to show for it in return. I can say for a fact that aside from the new trains, service isn't much better.

So new trains resolve headways or is it because they look nice. Frankly, it dont make no differences to me.

My point exactly. What's the point of CBTC? To run trains closer together? I understand that but that can wait. No ones complaining that the (7) needs more TPH, they should be focusing on fixing stations in need of repair and all of that stuff.

It's not about running trains closer together. The systems signals are aging and will need to be replaced soon enough (half the signals are already well over say 50 years old). 

Well right now from the TAs perspective the concentration seems to be on even wait assessment of service. It doesn't matter what train is running on what line new or old. As long as people finding a seat, theres AC in the summer and heat in the winter people dont give a damn what train their on. The fact of the matter is the R62As fleet still has about a decade more to be utilized in the system. The reason why the MTA is concentrating on the (7) for CBTC is because of its isolation in short travel route much like the (L) and it requires trains that are compatible with it in this case the R142As from the (6) were choosen for conversion to the (7). It was choice of utilizing what they have instead of spending more budget money on trains and ordering a small addition of R188s to make up for potential added service on the (7). Getting rid of the R62s on the A division at this point in time would be a crime if you ask me, with no current plans on ordering new trains on the horizon. You cant expect overall service to be perfect all the time.

And CBTC on QBL? Has the MTA seriously lost their mind. What about the (R)? What about the (M)? How can you put CBTC on a line that shares it with 2 other non CBTC lines.

Simple. The (R) and (M) line T/Os will operate manually in Manhattan and Brooklyn. when they get to the QBL switch over to CBTC...

The (R) uses only like 4 R160's that aren't even CBTC equipped, unless the R46's magically gained the power to be CBTC ready. The R160's the (M) uses only has a short amount of R160's that have CBTC, while 79% of its fleet is non-CBTC.

That is far from true... Just look at all of the subway surveys out there and how riders rail on the (C) train for its old fleet.

Thats because those trains date back to half a century ago I already know that same ol' song and dance. But im not talking about the (C). I like said... you cant expect things to be perfect. Just goes to show how durable those trains are.

Archived