(7) Suspended

BDNQ2345

They don't have much to complain about now with the 160s on there. 

I haven't used the (C) in some time since tutoring season is not in full swing yet.  I guess they only have the stations to complain about now. lol

Thats because those trains date back to half a century ago I already know that same ol' song and dance. But im not talking about the  (C). I like said... you cant expect things to be perfect. Just goes to show how durable those trains are.

Now that's funny...

The (R) uses only like 4 R160's that aren't even CBTC equipped, unless the R46's magically gained the power to be CBTC ready. The R160's the (M) uses only has a short amount of R160's that have CBTC, while 79% of its fleet is non-CBTC.

You're making it seem like CBTC is gonna be active on Queens Blvd tomorrow. By the time the Queens Blvd corridor is CBTC-ready, we will have CBTC-equipped trains (R211s)

I haven't used the (C) in some time since tutoring season is not in full swing yet. I guess they only have the stations to complain about now. lol

Now that's funny...

Wasn't meant to be funny. Whats funny to me is someone who rides the bus more, complains about any lack luster thing on the subway just to avoid it.

Wasn't meant to be funny. Whats funny to me is someone who rides the bus more, complains about any lack luster thing on the subway just to avoid it.

I've been riding the subway since I was about 14, and as far as I'm concerned, outside of the few station upgrades and some new cars, very little in the system has improved.  In fact the argument could be made that things are worsening overall.  These ongoing signal problems are becoming the norm.

I've been riding the subway since I was about 14, and as far as I'm concerned, outside of the few station upgrades and some new cars, very little in the system has improved. In fact the argument could be made that things are worsening overall. These ongoing signal problems are becoming the norm.

I can agree with that, and with high ridership expected to grow who knows how far it could go.

I can agree with that, and with high ridership expected to grow who knows how far it could go.

What I can say is that the planned alternative transportation initiatives that will be implemented by the city in the next few years should help to ease things on the subway, though not a lot, but every little bit helps.  

The (R) uses only like 4 R160's that aren't even CBTC equipped, unless the R46's magically gained the power to be CBTC ready. The R160's the (M) uses only has a short amount of R160's that have CBTC, while 79% of its fleet is non-CBTC.

What Fresh Pond said, and, R160s are by definition CBTC-ready. That was part of ordering them. Installing is not hard.

CBTC equipment strikes again? Not even in full use yet and this has already happened a few times...

Gonna get even better when it's up and running!

But don't worry guys, unlike the (L) line...IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME!

If you think CBTC is up and running already on the (7), I have a bridge to sell you... it's not expected to be completed until 2017, and even then that depends on the line becoming all R188.

If you think CBTC is up and running already on the (7), I have a bridge to sell you... it's not expected to be completed until 2017, and even then that depends on the line becoming all R188.

By that time, shouldn't the (7) already be all R188s

It's about far more than them being "just trains". It's more breakdowns, longer waits, and more people running to the (4)(5) which is already overcrowded. The entire Lex line is a mess already which is why those trains should've never been removed to begin with. Stupid move by the (MTA). Mark my words. And yes I do use the Lex line. Used it twice last week as a matter of fact for a meeting Downtown and another in Brooklyn Heights. Trains were almost sardine level before and after the rush...

The Lexington Ave lines are always packed that is nothing new. I take the (6) everyday to go to school most of time I do get a seat. The R62A's have nothing to do with anything.

You know... the R142As breakdown as well. In fact their MDBFs as of July 2015 are about minus 36,100 lower than the R62As. The R62As have nothing to do with bad service. They've manged well on the (1) even the (7) over the years, performance wise.

You know... the R142As breakdown as well. In fact their MDBFs as of July 2015 are about minus 36,100 lower than the R62As. The R62As have nothing to do with bad service. They've manged well on the (1) even the (7) over the years, performance wise.

Yes, but we're not talking about "over the years".  We're talking about here and now and currently, they ARE more prone to breakdowns as they age...

You do know he works down here right?

He was being sarcastic....

Yes, but we're not talking about "over the years".  We're talking about here and now and currently, they ARE more prone to breakdowns as they age...

They will be running on the (6) and breakdowns or no breakdowns, quite frankly theres nothing you can do about it, maybe complain till your blue in the face like every other transit adovcates.

They will be running on the (6) and breakdowns or no breakdowns, quite frankly theres nothing you can do about it, maybe complain till your YOU'RE blue in the face like every other transit adovcates.

That's precisely what can be done... If people complain like they did about the (C) the (MTA) will be forced to do something to address the problem.  Ultimately this is our system and we're paying to use it and paying taxes to subsidize it, so those who are the most proactive about getting changes tend to be successful.

That's precisely what can be done... If people complain like they did about the (C) the (MTA) will be forced to do something to address the problem.  Ultimately this is our system and we're paying to use it and paying taxes to subsidize it, so those who are the most proactive about getting changes tend to be successful.

LOL, that's funny!

The R160s were moved to the (C) because of the A/C issues, not because the passengers didn't like the cars.

Hilarious... :lol:

LOL, that's funny!

The R160s were moved to the (C) because of the A/C issues, not because the passengers didn't like the cars.

Hilarious... :lol:

Who told you that passengers didn't have gripes with those cars?? The (C) has been ranked one of the worse lines in the system repeatedly, primarily because of those cars.  I know you're up in Canada and don't get down here much so you can be misinformed, but as someone who uses the line, I can assure you that passengers on the line have no love affair with those R32s.

So let me get this right... You're saying that more breakdowns don't negatively impact service??

It is a proven fact that the R142A's do worst than the older R62/A's. Other things are causing delays on the (6). It is annoying when you have to wait 12 minutes for a train but what if the next three trains that passed were R142A's which were the case on Monday. I waited 12 minutes and three R142A's passed an R62A literally when one left the station. So that R142A might have been responsible for the delay. There is always a signal problem a person getting ill and investigations going on. It sucks for someone like me who goes to Hunters leaves at 7:30 at night and is being faced with a delay which increases my commute time from 45-50 minutes to a hour and a half.

We are suppose to talk about the (7) here and let's do so.

That was never in question. I was referring to the part where you implied that the R160s were given the (C) because the passengers were dissatisfied with the R32s, which is utter bollocks.

It is a proven fact that the R142A's do worst than the older R62/A's. Other things are causing delays on the (6). It is annoying when you have to wait 12 minutes for a train but what if the next three trains that passed were R142A's which were the case on Monday. I waited 12 minutes and three R142A's passed an R62A literally when one left the station. So that R142A might have been responsible for the delay. There is always a signal problem a person getting ill and investigations going on. It sucks for someone like me who goes to Hunters leaves at 7:30 at night and is being faced with a delay which increases my commute time from 45-50 minutes to a hour and a half.

We are suppose to talk about the (7) here and let's do so.

There's no way in getting around his arguments. All he can do his complain like he's done all along about breakdowns and old non-fancy subway cars typical modern New York.  It's still not gonna resolve anything and we can move on with our lives. Theres dozen of subway stations that are falling apart and he's complaining and moaning about subway cars being to old for our taste. If they work and get me to were I need to go than that's all I need.

That was never in question. I was referring to the part where you implied that the R160s were given the (C) because the passengers were dissatisfied with the R32s, which is utter bollocks.

Interesting... You argue that they were put on the (C) because of A/C issues yet the passengers had nothing to do with that as if only air rides the (C) train...

There's no way in getting around his arguments. All he can do his complain like he's done all along about breakdowns and old non-fancy subway cars typical modern New York.  It's still not gonna resolve anything and we can move on with our lives. Theres dozen of subway stations that are falling apart and he's complaining and moaning about subway cars being to old for our taste. If they work and get me to were I need to go than that's all I need.

There's no questioning the system has a multitude of problems as shown by the latest episode on the (7). Pretending as if they don't exist because they get you to where you need to go when trains are constantly delayed or entire lines are down is a joke. 

Archived