NBC 4 New York: Darius McCollum allegedly stole a Greyhound bus

TheNewYorkElevated

The next step is to steal a plane..... I think that enough "air" for him. Darius should just die in prison. I don't really want a major accident if he ever gets to steal that dream plane.

Damn, if he stole a plane, he'd would be arrested by the FBI, Homeland Security, or even the US Army. Even more worse, if McCollum ever stole a plane, it'll make Americans think that autistics are terrorists in this post-9/11 world. :(

He's got some serious mental health issues and needs to be in a supervised setting at all times. They keep letting him out on his own knowing this is going to happen again and again

Your're right. They courts here in NY should also let McCollum travel outside of the city. There's been a court order that McCollum was not allowed to leave NYC (which is a bad move right there).

As I say again and again and again, somebody just hire the guy. No evidence that he'd do a particularly bad job.

Think again. This was adovcated before in the late 2000's, but the (MTA) didn't go ahead out of fear of legal issues (or lawsuits). http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/12/nyregion/back-in-prison-guilty-mainly-of-a-fixation.html

He's got some serious mental health issues and needs to be in a supervised setting at all times. They keep letting him out on his own knowing this is going to happen again and again

The guy suffers from autism.  My understanding is that he is highly intelligent.  The problem is that people with autism tend to focus on certain things to the point of obsession, which is why at 50 years old, this guy can't stop stealing buses and trains. lol It's kind of funny only because no one is hurt, but I saw the story on Good Day NY this morning, and he always has the same look on his face, like OOOPSS.  It's this childish look on a 50 year old man. That's why I chuckle every time.  Nevertheless I agree with some of the other posters... Give the guy a low risk job in transit already.  He would be less of a risk to himself and everyone around him and would be doing something productive at the same time.

Archived