R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

So if we got the third set running then we’ll most likely see the fourth set run in a couple of weeks???

Yeah, most likely. I’m pretty sure the MTA doesn’t want just one set in service for every month…I’m expecting it to get into service next week or the week after. Yes, Thursday as well. 

6 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

they need to stop stalling and qualify more crews for them

The crews don’t want to get qualified on them. Gonna be a lot of union negotiations before qualifications speed up.

But at some point it’s gonna be either get qualified or leave. The r46s need to be replaced ASAP.

Edited by Lil 57

6 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

they need to stop stalling and qualify more crews for them

The mta had planned to have 5 sets running from start. 211’s are not even running overnight due to the crews rejections. Seems like a union fight is coming towards the mta as more 211’s enter service. 

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

The crews don’t want to get qualified on them. Gonna be a lot of union negotiations before qualifications speed up.

But at some point it’s gonna be either get qualified or leave. The r46s need to be replaced ASAP.

I just hope that those crew members that refuse to get qualified are doing what they're supposed to be doing in regards to operating a train.

The fact that they are refusing to operate a train due to cameras show that they are a safety hazard for passengers cause they don't care about the safety of the passengers.

Keep in mind that if they leave the MTA to work somewhere else, they are going to be surrounded by cameras.

Employees shouldn't be afraid of cameras unless they have something to hide.

2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I just hope that those crew members that refuse to get qualified are doing what they're supposed to be doing in regards to operating a train.

The fact that they are refusing to operate a train due to cameras show that they are a safety hazard for passengers cause they don't care about the safety of the passengers.

Keep in mind that if they leave the MTA to work somewhere else, they are going to be surrounded by cameras.

I really wonder where some of you are getting this “info” from that train crews can refuse to undergo qualifications training. With the way this agency itches to discipline people over the slightest thing I promise you’re being fed bad info. 

43 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I really wonder where some of you are getting this “info” from that train crews can refuse to undergo qualifications training. With the way this agency itches to discipline people over the slightest thing I promise you’re being fed bad info. 

One thing is another, but come on!!! Cameras isn’t one of those. 

I know a lot of people have been putting 4040/9 and 4050/9 down saying “oh, they’re just going to end up on the shuttle, gangway cars won’t work” blah blah blah…

but you’re forgetting one tiny detail…

they’re still prototypes. A production 211T could have a completely different set up. It could include functionalities that the two we have now won’t.

the prototype of the “Bluebird” multi-section train didn’t come with couplers, for crying out loud.

5 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

The sense of entitlement in this post is outstanding. Who are you to tell people with 30+ years on the job to go get another if they don’t like cameras?

27 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

The sense of entitlement in this post is outstanding. Who are you to tell people with 30+ years on the job to go get another if they don’t like cameras?

That’s what they get paid for, if they don’t like it they can find another spot or quit overall, no big deal, the people want new trains, it’s a must, not an option 

6 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Finally, a post with some common sense. That's my personal opinion. They've got maybe four or five test trains  running around now ? If you're a relatively new employee perhaps you've been trained on this equipment and feel comfortable operating it. I was on the road when the R62 class of cars were introduced to the IRT. I was more comfortable with the older pre-Redbird cars because that's what I trained on. Through my various job assignments , transfers, utility, extra list and such I decided that I'd rather work the (3) line rather than the (4) solely because of the equipment. I had the seniority plus, to me, the Kawasaki cars sucked. Some of my classmates felt the opposite way and they went the (4) route. Another group of us never worked a road job and stayed on work trains and transfers. When the R142 cars came to the IRT it was still a personal choice. We all trained on the equipment but those of us with seniority pretty much stayed with what we were comfortable with. I listened to the radio chatter between supervision, local and division wide, I was apprehensive when the R142 cars came to the (5) line but I personally stuck with it to the end of my career. Things like the train computer saying that I overshot a station by 80 feet after a perfect 10 car stop with 2 TSS's. standing next to me. How about the announcements and the side sign displays vanishing enroute ?  That happened to me a few times when the cars were introduced. Things like announcement not synching up with the train's actual location. Some of these folks should read Kamen Rider's posts or those of RTOman.and understand what they're trying to convey to everyone. I understand that many posters can't wait for the new cars to enter service. Thing is I read the (MTA) website, forums and such but most of the train troubles seem to be related to switch problems, disruptive riders, debris on the tracks, dirty cars and door problems. If you believe that the introduction of these new cars will make these problems vanish I've got a bridge to sell you. I don't think the cameras have anything to do with the cars themselves.  My opinions. Carry on.

Edited by Trainmaster5
additional thought

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Well you need to work on your reading skills. Where in the post did I mention that train crews need to leave the MTA and work somewhere else???

Even if they decide to quit the MTA. Guess what?? They are going to have to deal with cameras in other jobs.

Also, why do you take the r211's camera situation so personal?

Don't you understand that it's for the safety of everyone??

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

4 hours ago, 1998NewFlyer said:

Or MTA can just remove the camera out the cab

Then we should remove the LED lights off the doors too since it has no purpose to me as a rider…….. looks like we can’t agree on this situation, but keep in mind when you work at any place, there will be security cameras, I don’t understand your logic