R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, zacster said:

I've been getting off at W4th St this week every day and I have yet to see an R211 when I'm on the upper level.  It has been all R179s, and the two times I took the A a few stops it was an R46.  Just luck I guess if there are so many R211s on the line.  I did ride one a few months ago, and I rode the pilot set when it was still just a pilot.  I have yet to see the R211T in service.  I took a few pics of it when it was on the delivery track by Costco.

It's just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. There's 32 miles of track the (A) has to cover so those R211's are out & about but for the moment with 3 different fleets it comes down to luck of the draw on which one of them comes first in your presence. In my recent experience, I've encountered mostly R46's with some R179's in the mix whenever I've been on the (A) especially in the last few months and witnessed the R211's in passing.  

Edited by jon2305

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, zacster said:

I've been getting off at W4th St this week every day and I have yet to see an R211 when I'm on the upper level.  It has been all R179s, and the two times I took the A a few stops it was an R46.  Just luck I guess if there are so many R211s on the line.  I did ride one a few months ago, and I rode the pilot set when it was still just a pilot.  I have yet to see the R211T in service.  I took a few pics of it when it was on the delivery track by Costco.

I've noticed that for whatever reason they love to run them in clumps of four or five of them back to back

7 hours ago, CyclonicTrainLookout said:

Forgive me for being ignorant on this matter, but why are people suggesting the R179s would leave the (A)(C) in the first place upon the arrival of more R211s? I fail to see a reason for this, although it's probably my ignorance.

Its alright, anyways theres a few reasons.

1. To make the (C) 100% full length and to not have a mix of 8 cars and 10 cars in the near future. 

2. The R179 fleet, specifically the 10 car ones is a small fleet so its gonna be an oddball fleet. Though tbf the 10 car R179s may be oddballs no matter where they go, due to how little 10 car R179s there are. (Only 13 full 10 car sets iirc). 

Obviously theres little to no confirmation that they'll leave the (A) and (C) , but we'll have to wait and see. But those are some of the main reasons I can think of.

48 minutes ago, Seth Jonas said:

is 4089-4085 with 4060-4064

You keep spamming posts every time someone gives you a response to something. Please read carefully, and most importantly, think before you speak.

18 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

You keep spamming posts every time someone gives you a response to something. Please read carefully, and most importantly, think before you speak.

I don't even think the prods can run with the pilot R211s atm.

10 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Bro 4129 look burnt. Pitkin can’t take care of subway cars lol.

“Pitkin can’t take care of subway cars”. Yes they can. Some cars can go for days without being washed. But that’s the DOS issue. 

Because PIT is lacking washing capacity, meaning everything has to be washed at 207, meaning in only the best of circumstances does a train even get washed.

Firstly, 207 is being rebuilt, so on many weekends for the last couple years, the yard has been closed completely. 

and then is the second fact the train has to, at some point, be a 207 layup. 

and all this is assuming the 207 wash is in perfect working order.

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

Because PIT is lacking washing capacity, meaning everything has to be washed at 207, meaning in only the best of circumstances does a train even get washed.

Firstly, 207 is being rebuilt, so on many weekends for the last couple years, the yard has been closed completely. 

Hopefully congestion pricing will fund for a car wash on every yard

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

the yards that dont have it right now dont exactly have room for one 

True. Not all yards have one. Only 239th St, Westchester & Corona have them for the numbered lines

207, CI, Concourse ENY & Jamaica have car washes for lettered lines

all other yards aren’t too big enough for a car washing units to be put in 

Edited by FLX9304

2 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

True. Not all yards have one. Only 239th St, Westchester & Corona have them for the numbered lines

207, CI, Concourse ENY & Jamaica have car washes for lettered lines 

Concourse washes their own, and Jerome's trains sometimes.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

Update on R211 status?? How many cars confirmed built 

100-104, 4040-4249, 4260-64 delivered

105-139, 4250-59, 4265-4349 confirmed built

350 cars/535 in BO

Edited by Ale188

7 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

I just hope that this reconstruction can allow 207 to accommodate longer trains.

If that is indeed the case, then the C will most likely be 100% full length with option 1.

2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I just hope that this reconstruction can allow 207 to accommodate longer trains.

If that is indeed the case, then the C will most likely be 100% full length with option 1.

the C will most definitely not be getting option 1, if option 2 happens then itll get that, the priority is to replace older trains