LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

3 hours ago, Cruzerroo said:

Anyone??

Have people test you verbally with the flash cards.  I'm talking like run thru the 126 signals, then later in day do all 72 definitions.  Whatever you screw up goes in a new pile to really study.  You have to review what you know but last week should be to focus on solidifying what you may be struggling with.  I also used the built in quiz on the cd-rom they give you at overview.  Just beat yourself over the head until you can't take it anymore.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IronHorse said:

Have people test you verbally with the flash cards.  I'm talking like run thru the 126 signals, then later in day do all 72 definitions.  Whatever you screw up goes in a new pile to really study.  You have to review what you know but last week should be to focus on solidifying what you may be struggling with.  I also used the built in quiz on the cd-rom they give you at overview.  Just beat yourself over the head until you can't take it anymore.  

My man, thank you for replying.  I don't want to psyche myself out by overthinking some of the definitions but I've been hammering away at all this materiel.  I just gotta keep polishing up everything within this next week. I do appreciate the insight.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gun, I just passed the s&d on nov. 21st. What exactly is next, Ive read things about a background check, do they contract you to provide information or do they use what’s on file already. Also how long after you passed the examine were you contacted. Congrats BTW

On 11/22/2017 at 11:59 PM, GUNLOB90089 said:

Doing my medical on 12/12 and starting the AC class on January 10th 2018!! Lets get it! Now to study the Horns/Whistles packet.

Hey Gun, I just passed the s&d on nov. 21st. What exactly is next, Ive read things about a background check, do they contract you to provide information or do they use what’s on file already. Also how long after you passed the examine were you contacted. Congrats BTW

10 hours ago, LappaJJ said:

Background check. If any paperwork or verifications need to be made for anything on your resume you will be contacted. Basically your resume will be checked to make sure it is all authentic. After that once that clears, you will be sent an email for medical. After medical, class begins baby!

And they took 2-3 weeks.

45 minutes ago, Burner11801 said:

Hi all. Just did open house yesterday 11/28. At what point in the process is the drug test, went through 20+ pages and got conflicting or vague answers. Is it after S&D exam?  

Drug test is during medical which is after S&D exam and panel interview and after receiving conditional offer. I took the S&D test on 11/6 and passed, received conditional offer and background check information and am currently awaiting a call back for the next step which is medical which is the drug test along with a few other things. Medical is the last step in the hiring process. Good luck!!

6 minutes ago, trainguy0518 said:

Drug test is during medical which is after S&D exam and panel interview and after receiving conditional offer. I took the S&D test on 11/6 and passed, received conditional offer and background check information and am currently awaiting a call back for the next step which is medical which is the drug test along with a few other things. Medical is the last step in the hiring process. Good luck!!

Trainguy youdaman 100 grand. 

Good luck! Thanks again

2 hours ago, Jojo1387 said:

Hello, has anyone who took the S & D test on Nov 6th received date for medical yet? It’s been about 2 weeks since background check completed and I haven’t heard anything yet

Jojo I haven’t received anything yet either and I emailed Linda two times.. i also took and passed on Nov 6th.. I guess they are backed up I don’t know, this waiting game is killing me lol..

31 minutes ago, Jojo1387 said:

Thank you that makes me feel better, I emailed her too, I felt bad about it, I didn’t want to bother her but the anticipation is killing me

I felt bad too, but like IRONHORSE said it is all part of the game. I know Linda said there was going to be a January and February class so most likely we will end up in the February class if we haven't gotten anything for medical yet.