Best/Worst Terminal Thread

pjbr40

It is. Trains have to enter very slowly into the terminal due to the bumper block being close. Plus you have to use the end to change sides. So I disagree with you.

I can co sign with you on that because I usually have to take the (2) to Beverly when going to my grandmother's house. The issues is even common during the Midday hours.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can co sign with you on that because I usually have to take the (2) to Beverly when going to my grandmother's house. The issues is even common during the Midday hours.

I was once there in the evening and had to wait a good 3-4 minutes at Newkirk Avenue due to the terminal being full "train traffic".

I'm probably a minority here but I honestly think Utica Avenue on the (4) is pretty garbage. During rush hour, trains are consistently forced to hold before the station because trains are slow to go to the relay. I'm not sure if it's poor management or a genuine capacity problem, but the latter shouldn't be considering there are two relay tracks which both get used. The extra (5) runs to Utica don't generally help the situation either. New Lots Avenue on the (3) is probably the only good terminal on the Brooklyn IRT.

I'm probably a minority here but I honestly think Utica Avenue on the (4) is pretty garbage. During rush hour, trains are consistently forced to hold before the station because trains are slow to go to the relay. I'm not sure if it's poor management or a genuine capacity problem, but the latter shouldn't be considering there are two relay tracks which both get used. The extra (5) runs to Utica don't generally help the situation either. New Lots Avenue on the (3) is probably the only good terminal on the Brooklyn IRT.

Well most of the terminals that involves relaying are bad only because of the amount of time it takes.

Only because the (3) is generally less frequent (rush hour) than the other Brooklyn IRT lines and it's the only Brooklyn IRT line serving the New Lots Branch. I think it's most likely a capacity problem east of Utica Avenue and the (4) runs every 4 minutes rush hours. It's true there are two relay tracks east of said station (looking at the track map). However, keep in mind that it can take about 5 minutes to clear the entire train, as both the operator and the conductor have to walk through every single car to check for passengers (like all other terminals that have a relay afterwards). And with those additional rush hour (5) runs to Utica is another problem (according to you). It all boils down to frequency and fumigation, and then relaying afterwards. Broad Street seems to have this problem during the AM Rush as well.

The only reason why Flatbush sucks also is because of it ending at bumper blocks and having no tail tracks as well as the combined frequencies of the (2) / (5) which causes trains to get held at the second-to-last stop or in the tunnel before the last stop.

Archived