ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 minutes ago, Chazwell90 said:

I went in yesterday for the drug test it was a much better experience then the past 2 times going.  My number is 12xx.  When asked they verified that there was a class in late Sept but didn't give the actual date.  My curiosity is that with past classes they take a large group but with social distancing im not sure how many people they are taking.  

Yeah the next class for us will be September 21st, 2020

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Schecter said:

Yeah the next class for us will be September 21st, 2020

Next class will be hitting the road just in time for the June job pick start. I'm glad for you guys, I know this covid bullshit killed at least a handful of classes.

Just now, Schecter said:

I wonder if I've seen you before 🤔  but would you say the 142s and 62s and the weird brakes on the 3 their delay brakes are easy to learn? I'm always sitting in the middle pretending I'm an operator 🤣 

Possible..I'm 6'3 280lbs, bald headed with a beard and usually keep to myself in crew rooms unless my classmates or a handful of people I know are there. 

The 3 just takes repetition. I had a problem with them but the trick is just take a small break about a car length or 2 into the station (20lbs) and let it kick in and ride it out. Then adjust as u approach the end without EVER EVER EVER releasing all of it. If u release it, u just told the train "get ready for power" and the brakes wont come back instantly like with the 1 and 6 train. If u are on the 1 a lot and treat a 3 the same, like the mistake I made, u will overrun.

The 142s are a video game. They are the easiest to get used to. I still take a small break at all times when I enter but most people wait a little longer. Everybody in a rush but unless I got a super slow conductor, I still get holding lights, so I see no reason to do the whole 35mph at the conductor board, full service break, hard stop thing lol.

19 minutes ago, beanz said:

Next class will be hitting the road just in time for the June job pick start. I'm glad for you guys, I know this covid bullshit killed at least a handful of classes.

There might be more than one with this social distancing and we don’t know what the needs are for the B div either

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

There's a B division? What's that LOL 😆 reporting to coney island yard for a put in imagine 👀

That was my biggest fear starting school car. People in my induction class were messing with me saying the A was closed cause they saw how anxious I was about that. I live in the north bronx and those days reporting to ps 248 were a bitch, but they are over. I rarely see flatbush, utica or new lots. Van Cortland 90 percent of the time and I hope to keep it that way for as long as I live here.

1 minute ago, beanz said:

That was my biggest fear starting school car. People in my induction class were messing with me saying the A was closed cause they saw how anxious I was about that. I live in the north bronx and those days reporting to ps 248 were a bitch, but they are over. I rarely see flatbush, utica or new lots. Van Cortland 90 percent of the time and I hope to keep it that way for as long as I live here.

When did you come out? Its crazy how they have me on board today 8pm till 4am when I have to be in tomorrow at 8:45am, the screw office said they'll see if they give me a midnight job that clears in brooklyn, even though im PMs. Time to look like the people at 125 on the Lexington line when i walk into 180 tomorrow .

9 minutes ago, Schecter said:

When did you come out? Its crazy how they have me on board today 8pm till 4am when I have to be in tomorrow at 8:45am, the screw office said they'll see if they give me a midnight job that clears in brooklyn, even though im PMs. Time to look like the people at 125 on the Lexington line when i walk into 180 tomorrow .

I started schoolcar july of last year.

That's crazy. If I were u and u are off probation I'd book off. Unless tomorrow is an rdo and u think u can handle it.

Just now, beanz said:

I started schoolcar july of last year.

That's crazy. If I were u and u are off probation I'd book off. Unless tomorrow is an rdo and u think u can handle it.

Yeah tomorrow is my rdo I called them earlier he said he'll leave a note for his relief. Wouldn't it be suspicious af calling out sick now lmfao, like oh my my stomach hurts all of a sudden. And yeah I've been of probabtion as c/r since this past June. Any tips on what should i do 🤔 in my head im like what if they stick me and have me working until a time that I wouldn't be able to make it has me nervous, because we all know how the screw office is.

3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah tomorrow is my rdo I called them earlier he said he'll leave a note for his relief. Wouldn't it be suspicious af calling out sick now lmfao, like oh my my stomach hurts all of a sudden. And yeah I've been of probabtion as c/r since this past June. Any tips on what should i do 🤔 in my head im like what if they stick me and have me working until a time that I wouldn't be able to make it has me nervous, because we all know how the screw office is.

You guys are on the inside and only know about the 1 class that’s coming up?

Just keep reminding then and remind them again when they give u a job. Tell them u can only do half of it. I had a conductor off the board on Monday..he traveled all the way from Corona to woodlawn and only picked up the first half of the job. When dispatcher at new lots asked him to stay he stayed firm and said no he only picked up half and he was going home. Just stand your ground, u have rights.

Just now, beanz said:

Just keep reminding then and remind them again when they give u a job. Tell them u can only do half of it. I had a conductor off the board on Monday..he traveled all the way from Corona to woodlawn and only picked up the first half of the job. When dispatcher at new lots asked him to stay he stayed firm and said no he only picked up half and he was going home. Just stand your ground, u have rights.

alright so ill suck it up and go in tomorrow with no sleep 🙃  24 hours + of being up for a better position. I just called him again because i sent him an email showing proof about going in tomorrow, he said he'll see what he can do for me, he said if there weren't many opened jobs on the midnight shift he would of switched it and put me on this afternoon instead. I said probably I clear board tonight right he was like yeahhhhhhh I highly doubt it lmao

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

Damn, I wish we knew how many were deferring or even being called 

me too man I'm only 13XX, but think of it like this as well not everyone is going to pass the drug test, or even go in, and some people never check their email or not even on this forum with constant updates from us all. Also everybody needs to pass the medical section also which is a tiring day within itself, at least it was when i did it for conductor. They ask you a million and one questions. And check your neck size, weight, eyesight, check for diabetes, check your heart and hearing. And if you're all good you get sworn if the same day you pass the medical at least that happened to me the same day idk how it works during covid though but ill update everybody step by step.

alright so ill suck it up and go in tomorrow with no sleep 🙃  24 hours + of being up for a better position. I just called him again because i sent him an email showing proof about going in tomorrow, he said he'll see what he can do for me, he said if there weren't many opened jobs on the midnight shift he would of switched it and put me on this afternoon instead. I said probably I clear board tonight right he was like yeahhhhhhh I highly doubt it lmao

Damn it's a sacrifice but it's worth it man. All things considered and even with my less than ideal experience so far(of my own doing), I still love the job. The money is great and it's not a hard job. I'm sure u have heard people complain but I'm one of those that's super grateful to have it.

1 minute ago, beanz said:

Damn it's a sacrifice but it's worth it man. All things considered and even with my less than ideal experience so far(of my own doing), I still love the job. The money is great and it's not a hard job. I'm sure u have heard people complain but I'm one of those that's super grateful to have it.

Yeah im just a nervous wreck with the practical and signal exams, I got a study guide of the signals from a train operetor who was in my induction back in june, but when I seen all the signals and miscellaneous ones they need to be written out word for word im like woah wtf. Like how red doesn't mean just stop disregarding the one shot signal, like the red automatic where you needed to stop 15 feet of the signal and call rcc and some other nonsense and then AK and K signals im like so im supposed to know all this on the road word for word, like going as fast as some as these trains do it seems like you'll miss a signal displaying a GT 15 or ST 20 and when you reach the yellow lunar you'll be like oh shoot how fast as I supposed to go so the next signal clears 😭

22 minutes ago, Schecter said:

me too man I'm only 13XX, but think of it like this as well not everyone is going to pass the drug test, or even go in, and some people never check their email or not even on this forum with constant updates from us all. Also everybody needs to pass the medical section also which is a tiring day within itself, at least it was when i did it for conductor. They ask you a million and one questions. And check your neck size, weight, eyesight, check for diabetes, check your heart and hearing. And if you're all good you get sworn if the same day you pass the medical at least that happened to me the same day idk how it works during covid though but ill update everybody step by step.

I mean I Lmfaoooo way higher than you but we have to remember what someone said that there’s about 200 openings in A div alone, but we know that means it’s not the first 200 on the list that get called you know what I mean?  

30 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah im just a nervous wreck with the practical and signal exams, I got a study guide of the signals from a train operetor who was in my induction back in june, but when I seen all the signals and miscellaneous ones they need to be written out word for word im like woah wtf. Like how red doesn't mean just stop disregarding the one shot signal, like the red automatic where you needed to stop 15 feet of the signal and call rcc and some other nonsense and then AK and K signals im like so im supposed to know all this on the road word for word, like going as fast as some as these trains do it seems like you'll miss a signal displaying a GT 15 or ST 20 and when you reach the yellow lunar you'll be like oh shoot how fast as I supposed to go so the next signal clears 😭

You will be fine trust me. I think it's made out to be harder just to prepare u for the worst, but it isnt as hard as I thought it was going to be. Just study and you will be fine, trust me.