ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

30 minutes ago, Newyork4 said:

Can any one give me a number to contact transit, or a email that they respond too.

Try this number Monday morning 

(347)643-8217 that's the number for Olha she's very nice and helpful she's just like Ms. Vargas I would say don't leave a voice-mail because they don't ever return calls back from what I've seen in the past.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Schecter said:

Try this number Monday morning 

(347)643-8217 that's the number for Olha she's very nice and helpful she's just like Ms. Vargas I would say don't leave a voice-mail because they don't ever return calls back from what I've seen in the past.

Thanks 

21 hours ago, trackerjack said:

2 Broadway has a torture chamber in the 2nd level basement.  It's unmarked in the elevator.

so much for a "stable fire proof" job right?  i've been told you can never get fired from being a TO unless u do something really really stupid STUUUPID.  

but that's all subjective right?   3 signals hits and u get fired even after probation?  :(  damn man

I think it depends by what signals. If you hit 3 automatic on time that you approached at posted speed but didn't clear, or a signal flashes on you, I don't think they'd fire you over that...or I hope not...

On 11/2/2022 at 1:53 AM, Thatgirl88 said:

I did my drug test on 9/28 and i still haven't heard back from MTA for my medical. Does it actually take this long to get a response back? 

I did drug test on 8/18 and waited exactly 2months and they sent me a conditional offer email to take medical

1 hour ago, TOSironi said:

I think it depends by what signals. If you hit 3 automatic on time that you approached at posted speed but didn't clear, or a signal flashes on you, I don't think they'd fire you over that...or I hope not...

yea i hear u man.  those pesky GTs!!  rare moments where i'll be CRAWLING and it won't clear.  smh. can't take that chance though. :(

Edited by trackerjack
typo

2 hours ago, trackerjack said:

yea i hear u man.  those pesky GTs!!  rare moments where i'll be CRAWLING and it won't clear.  smh. can't take that chance though. :(

Yes you can. Long as u were doing at or below the posted speed, you make that clear and you should be exonerated. 

Optimal Operation bulletins.

3 hours ago, trackerjack said:

If there's a GT anywhere that doesn't clear at the posted speed u should report them. On 8th Ave line they all change at the posted speed with the exception of a couple that i don't trust so I've never tested.

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Yes you can. Long as u were doing at or below the posted speed, you make that clear and you should be exonerated. 

Optimal Operation bulletins.

He/She can, but I believe they’re also still under probation. It’s probably best to avoid testing timers until they’re fully past probation.
Yes, you’re right - optimal operations bulletins will save you if you hit slow timers, but that’s if they believe that you weren’t speeding. If they don’t, they’ll send the Speed unit out to test the timer and replicate the speed at which you hit it. 

If you said you were doing posted speed, they will do posted speed; and if they don’t hit that timer, they’re gonna discipline you. 

It’s also best practice to do 2-5 mph under the posted speed not just because of some timers being slow, but because the speedometers can sometimes be calibrated differently. If it says you’re doing 25, you could actually be doing 27. 

At the end of the day, you’re not going to lose time doing 2-5 mph less than the posted timer speed.

21 minutes ago, beanz said:

If there's a GT anywhere that doesn't clear at the posted speed u should report them. On 8th Ave line they all change at the posted speed with the exception of a couple that i don't trust so I've never tested.

My favorite on the A is the timer when you’re going down Fulton express s/b after Hoyt. You couldn’t hit that timer if you tried.

4 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

He/She can, but I believe they’re also still under probation. It’s probably best to avoid testing timers until they’re fully past probation.
Yes, you’re right - optimal operations bulletins will save you if you hit slow timers, but that’s if they believe that you weren’t speeding. If they don’t, they’ll send the Speed unit out to test the timer and replicate the speed at which you hit it. 

If you said you were doing posted speed, they will do posted speed; and if they don’t hit that timer, they’re gonna discipline you. 

It’s also best practice to do 2-5 mph under the posted speed not just because of some timers being slow, but because the speedometers can sometimes be calibrated differently. If it says you’re doing 25, you could actually be doing 27. 

At the end of the day, you’re not going to lose time doing 2-5 mph less than the posted timer speed.

"If you said you were doing posted speed, they will do posted speed; and if they don’t hit that timer, they’re gonna discipline you."

In this case there's a good chance either the operator had a faulty speedometer and didn't notice it....or was flat out lying. 

In the former case you weren't hiding anything but still not paying attention. If you indeed did hit it at posted speed and you are 100 on that, AND you say the right things on that radio, you will most likely be ok.

I hit a station timer near West 4 Street earlier this year on SMEE equipment...doing 18 when it said 20.

I knew what to say and how to say it....months later no discipline.

Granted though, its harder to test ST for obvious reasons.

But that being said....if you want to get through probation without much fuss...approach however makes you feel comfty.

Edited by MarkGuy
I should mention that through my ST incident was slightly below posted speed....a lot of the st's here you have to do well below that for them to clear

Now understand one thing Folks regarding signal overruns...

They Do downloads with these signals  when there is a incident and if one is operating a Tech train, so be aware if the Signals or tech train  says anything other than what is said on the radio...

Expect a trip to PS 248 or 2 Broadway, remember they burn one for a cover up more than anything. 

Oh and be very mindful with station timers because RCC can "see" if there is  a train right in front of you that "posted speed" argument wont get one far.. There has been a few incidents where that was said on the radio and there was a train directly in front.

Edited by RTOMan

11 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

"If you said you were doing posted speed, they will do posted speed; and if they don’t hit that timer, they’re gonna discipline you."

In this case there's a good chance either the operator had a faulty speedometer and didn't notice it....or was flat out lying. 

In the former case you weren't hiding anything but still not paying attention. If you indeed did hit it at posted speed and you are 100 on that, AND you say the right things on that radio, you will most likely be ok.

I hit a station timer near West 4 Street earlier this year on SMEE equipment...doing 18 when it said 20.

I knew what to say and how to say it....months later no discipline.

Granted though, its harder to test ST for obvious reasons.

But that being said....if you want to get through probation without much fuss...approach however makes you feel comfty.

What should we say and how on the radio? "I approached at posted speed as per rule and it didn't clear"?

I had to withdraw from the NYPD employment process years back , do i need to add that to prior employment termination sheet ?

My Dad retired as a yard dispatcher  A division years ago . Dose that add any weight to the employment process , just  curious.

18 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

What should we say and how on the radio? "I approached at posted speed as per rule and it didn't clear"?

Essentially a variation of that, yes.

"My train contacted with the signal at the posted speed: signal not working as designed.

Let me also be clear: you don't have to follow what I'm saying here. If you want tk approach timers at 5 mph or more under the posted speed, do that if you prefer. Nothing wrong with that.

3 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Now understand one thing Folks regarding signal overruns...

They Do downloads with these signals  when there is a incident and if one is operating a Tech train, so be aware if the Signals or tech train  says anything other than what is said on the radio...

Expect a trip to PS 248 or 2 Broadway, remember they burn one for a cover up more than anything. 

Oh and be very mindful with station timers because RCC can "see" if there is  a train right in front of you that "posted speed" argument wont get one far.. There has been a few incidents where that was said on the radio and there was a train directly in front.

Yeah in this case you damn well better know for a fact it was on ST and you were going at or under speed. If you are less than 100 percent sure, best to not go down that road.

13 minutes ago, drob said:

I had to withdraw from the NYPD employment process years back , do i need to add that to prior employment termination sheet ?

My Dad retired as a yard dispatcher  A division years ago . Dose that add any weight to the employment process , just  curious.

1. If you were never employed by the NYPD, then you were never terminated to begin with.

2. No. Your list number determines where you stand.

All I’m saying is; your job is not to test those timers, that’s for the Speed unit to worry about. 
Your job is to do your assigned trips without incident, sign out, go home. 
You’re not going to get into trouble for being slightly slower than other people. 

The job is very easy to keep and it is rather tough to get fired assuming you do what you’re supposed to and follow the rules. 

1 hour ago, TOSironi said:

You can say that but as i said if there's a train DIRECTLY in front of you and its station time make sure you say station time not grade time..

5 hours ago, drob said:

The form 49 cfr part 40 Drug and Alcohol Testing is to be filled out only if the candidate  previous employer was DOT? 

To make a long story short:

If you took a drug (urine) test, including at 180 Livingston Street, within the past two [2] years, fill it out.

If you never took a drug (urine) test within the past two [2] years, just leave the form blank.

(For those of you who have no clue what we are talking about, kindly refer to page 14 of this PDF document.)

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

If you took a drug (urine) test, including at 180 Livingston Street, within the past two [2] years, fill it out.

If you never took a drug (urine) test within the past two [2] years, just leave the form blank.

(For those of you who have no clue what we are talking about, kindly refer to page 14 of this PDF document.)

Good luck!!

OMG i still have PTSD from that 200 page canvass package

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Good luck!!

Thanks for clarifying