Enhanced Station Initiative

All true, but as someone who uses CASH often, there is something good about handing the guy my Metrocard and a $20 Bill and say fill it up. 

Not only is it pleasant to speak to somebody, he or she is typically so much faster than the MVM’s, where one has to press 8 buttons.

Unless the MVM is incredibly slow, it's still fast than going to the token booth clerk, and most of them are so cranky and ride that I wouldn't bother unless it was absolutely necessary.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um 181st just got one lol

It did when? lol because if it did I don't think they did a great job at enhancing a train station because there are still problems.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I have to agree with you. 181st looks horrid.  The platform is filthy and aside from more lighting, it looks exactly the same as before.  Really a shame.  What happened there Uptown wouldn't happen Downtown.

I have to agree with you. 181st looks horrid. The platform is filthy and aside from more lighting, it looks exactly the same as before. Really a shame. What happened there Uptown wouldn't happen Downtown.

Yea They should do something about this station I'm surprised the Mta considers the 181st station to be done with repairs. I'm disappointed.

Yea They should do something about this station I'm surprised the Mta considers the 181st station to be done with repairs. I'm disappointed.

The relatively recent "rehabs" at Parkside AV, Beverly Rd, and Cortelyou Rd are another example of this.  They just finished three years ago and you would have no idea that they closed them for 6 months at a time just for a fresh coat of paint which is now wearing away.

Here's an important Question, why won't the MTA Renovate Chambers Street on the (J)(Z) train, it look DISGUSTING, HORRIBLE, OH AND DID I MENTION THAT IT IS ONE OF THE WORST STATIONS IN THE ENTIRE SYSTEM???? Despite the (J)(Z) having low ridership in Lower Manhattan, can they at least attempt to renovate chambers Street

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Here's an important Question, why won't the MTA Renovate Chambers Street on the (J)(Z) train, it look DISGUSTING, HORRIBLE, OH AND DID I MENTION THAT IT IS ONE OF THE WORST STATIONS IN THE ENTIRE SYSTEM???? Despite the (J)(Z) having low ridership in Lower Manhattan, can they at least attempt to renovate chambers Street

As much as anyone here would love to agree with you, to renovate Chambers St would be more expensive than renovating any other subway station serving a single line in the system pretty much due to its size.

Funny and yet sad to think that this was one of the major masterpieces of the BMT really. While a renovation isn't guaranteed, ADA accessibility for the platforms is planned so that's something.

Edited by Neko Boy With Glasse

As much as anyone here would love to agree with you, to renovate Chambers St would be more expensive than renovating any other subway station serving a single line in the system pretty much due to its size.

Funny and yet sad to think that this was one of the major masterpieces of the BMT really. While a renovation isn't guaranteed, ADA accessibility for the platforms is planned so that's something.

Yeah, but sooner or later, the (MTA) is going to have to deal with it

And another Question. Who thinks that renovating Chambers Street on the (J)(Z) will be worth it????

The answers to both of these questions are in the earlier pages of this thread. Chambers Street is beyond the scope of the ESI at this point.

Well, Chambers Street is either going to have to close for a long time due to safety issues or get renovated. There are frequently massive puddles, platform walls filled with rust and decay, and despite it's cavernous size, you can often hear a pindrop due to how quiet it is.

In real ESI news, the wall at 53rd Street is down for sign installation and platform edge work, and, well, I'll let the photos speak for themselves...

20954013_359212871178853_234024520795163

20882753_359213144512159_272996256038938

20915329_359213017845505_839407472882961

This looks awful. Hopefully they can make it look like the renderings within a month.