NYCT Conductor Stabbed on Duty

Biggie

Pffft. Some people never learn. 

From what I can understand. The attacker stabbed the Conductor for reasons unknown. The conductor fought back and held the attacker down ‘til authorities showed up. 

Moral of the story from my perspective: Assult against Transit Workers is getting worse. If you don’t like the (MTA) or it’s staff, just suck it up and continue with your day in order to keep things moving or just leave the damn city. Don’t waste your time committing a crime just cause you don’t like something/someone or whatever this persons motives was. Is that hard to do or something? 

49 minutes ago, Jsunflyguy said:

I roll my eyes at some co-workers who go through the trouble of changing into street clothes. Makes me second guess that opinion.

It’s just not worth it. I had some idiot yell at me because some dude was smoking at 125/lex and he started ranting about fare hikes and NYPD. Then recently some no life woman banged in a TSS for sleeping on the LIRR talking about he was taking up seats smh. Just not worth it to ride in uniform we’re always a target. 

14 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It’s just not worth it. I had some idiot yell at me because some dude was smoking at 125/lex and he started ranting about fare hikes and NYPD. Then recently some no life woman banged in a TSS for sleeping on the LIRR talking about he was taking up seats smh. Just not worth it to ride in uniform we’re always a target. 

She went to Twitter and promptly got blasted due to the fact there was a Seat next to him.. Oh BTW supervisors aren't covered by that "We have to give up a seat rule" if im correct... People like her are the reason we are in this mess with the riding public because people feel they can say what they want and do what they want to us without any repercussion... I feel its encouraged by TA with this Twitter nonsense... That Twitter page is basically became a "snitch on a TA employee page even if they are doing their job"...

Edited by RTOMan

14 hours ago, RTOMan said:

She went to Twitter and promptly got blasted due to the fact there was a Seat next to him.. Oh BTW supervisors aren't covered by that "We have to give up a seat rule" if im correct... People like her are the reason we are in this mess with the riding public because people feel they can say what they want and do what they want to us without any repercussion... I feel its encouraged by TA with this Twitter nonsense... That Twitter page is basically became a "snitch on a TA employee page even if they are doing their job"...

That social media shouldn’t be taken as credible if it’s a personal complaint. I’m seeing employees taken in for evaluation and questioning over being “rude” or ignoring customers. The TA knows The riding public has a HUGE resentment towards us. There’s no metrics to measure how true a complaint is. Now If it’s tangible evidence such as a photo or video, I’ll understand. But the petty banter and “pointing the finger” or ulterior motives to get someone taken OOS is unnecessary and unfair; it’s borderline defamation IMO. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's so excruciating to her that (MTA) workers are always getting tormented physically. This time beside my previous comment, a FEMALE train operator was physically punched in a face at Coney Island- Stillwell Avenue terminus while departing it on the (F) line on Monday. Beside that fact that bus operators are protected by the NYSL, but motormen/women aren't. The report made it to News 12 this morning. She said that "I don't want my brothers and sisters to go through what I did on Monday." I forgot the operator's name but sh had a swollen and a purple eye. I just have no words for MTA crimes nowdays. Ridiculous.

2 hours ago, R68ACTrain said:

It's so excruciating to hear that (MTA) workers are always getting tormented physically. This time beside my previous comment, a FEMALE train operator was physically punched in a face at Coney Island- Stillwell Avenue terminus while departing it on the (F) line on Monday. Beside that fact that bus operators are protected by the NYSL, but motormen/women aren't. The report made it to News 12 this morning. She said that "I don't want my brothers and sisters to go through what I did on Monday." I forgot the operator's name but sh had a swollen and a purple eye. I just have no words for MTA crimes nowdays. Ridiculous.